**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Angela Sig Ability vs Gorr

nismo41886nismo41886 Posts: 18
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
It seems like angela‘s sig ability is reducing the base duration of gorrs debuffs, but the additional time from his sig ability still applies. Is this an intended interaction? It would seem to make sense that angela’s sig ability should reduce the debuff duration in its entirety instead is portioning it out
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• nismo41886nismo41886 Posts: 18
    didn’t know that’s how it would work since it doesn’t seem to be stated anywhere. oh well. in this case it seems to only effect the base, extra buffs aren’t touching the +4 seconds (was using her in TB eq and had 15 buffs)
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    When flat time is added reductions don't apply. This is true for limber too
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I have never seen Angela work the way I'd expect it to, so for me she's mostly useless.

Her interaction is very niche and there's better champs out there that can do the same, shrug off debuffs, be immune or -100% AA, even though with limited kit.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★

I have never seen Angela work the way I'd expect it to, so for me she's mostly useless.

Her interaction is very niche and there's better champs out there that can do the same, shrug off debuffs, be immune or -100% AA, even though with limited kit.

Angela + Odin prefight works perfectly except ...
    1. Doesn't work on Peni's Autoblock (even though Angela's sig reads as Auto-block accuracy, and not a True accuracy type effect). It probably has to do with it being coded to be like a true strike instead of reducing the defender's ability accuracy.
    2. Defenders and Nodes that remove buffs at the start of the fight remove all the buffs (despite Angela's sig implying the resistance to nullify). It probably has to do with it being coded like a stagger or something.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s the same as adding a flat increase to your personal stun time. As alluded to above, if your base stuns last 3s, and you add a mastery that gives all your stuns +.5s, even if a node specifically says stun times are reduced by X% per Y, that ability never overlaps (as far as I know) with the +.5s.

I have a running personal petition for unstated mechanics like this to be codified and explained to the community though. If you think this is weird, get into the whole ability power rate, armor break counts as nullify, nullify vs. neutralize and if the buff still triggers, or AAR debates.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

1. Doesn't work on Peni's Autoblock (even though Angela's sig reads as Auto-block accuracy, and not a True accuracy type effect). It probably has to do with it being coded to be like a true strike instead of reducing the defender's ability accuracy.
    2. Defenders and Nodes that remove buffs at the start of the fight remove all the buffs (despite Angela's sig implying the resistance to nullify). It probably has to do with it being coded like a stagger or something.
    For point 2, Angela only gets the resistance to Nullify once she has the buffs. No buff = no Resistance to Nullify.

Also, to @rockykoston Angela works well, and she's awesome. She reduces duration just like she's supposed to, and (as long as there isn't a nice like Bloodletting or Debilitate) can become functionally immune to damaging debuffs.

If you're on a node like Biohazard, the key is to go slow, and accept a little damage from your first debuff until you trigger a Regeneration buff. That'll further reduce your debuff duration, and you'll recover half the damage done.

I'm not completely sure how her abilities will interact to a flat increase in debuff duration, like Gorr. However, I do note that there's no upper limit specified in her kit: up to 35% debuff duration reduction per buff.

So if you can add additional buffs with synergies from Heimdall, or Prefights from Odin there's no reason she can't reduce the duration by more than 100%, to partly counter Debilitate.

I don't have an Odin to use much, but I keep a 4* Thor relic on my sig200 Angela, which means she starts the match with a permanent Fortitude buff. One critical hit to dupe her armour, and she's got -100% duration and Autoblock accuracy within 2 seconds of starting the fight.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★

altavista said:

For point 2, Angela only gets the resistance to Nullify once she has the buffs. No buff = no Resistance to Nullify.

Also, to @rockykoston Angela works well, and she's awesome. She reduces duration just like she's supposed to, and (as long as there isn't a nice like Bloodletting or Debilitate) can become functionally immune to damaging debuffs.

If you're on a node like Biohazard, the key is to go slow, and accept a little damage from your first debuff until you trigger a Regeneration buff. That'll further reduce your debuff duration, and you'll recover half the damage done.

I'm not completely sure how her abilities will interact to a flat increase in debuff duration, like Gorr. However, I do note that there's no upper limit specified in her kit: up to 35% debuff duration reduction per buff.

So if you can add additional buffs with synergies from Heimdall, or Prefights from Odin there's no reason she can't reduce the duration by more than 100%, to partly counter Debilitate.

I don't have an Odin to use much, but I keep a 4* Thor relic on my sig200 Angela, which means she starts the match with a permanent Fortitude buff. One critical hit to dupe her armour, and she's got -100% duration and Autoblock accuracy within 2 seconds of starting the fight.
    I use a Thor on mine as well and I can't imagine a world without her lol....she's debuff immune 100% of the time the second she reaches her Regen (at worst) . I almost always run her with Odin so she's always pretty much immune. Seeing the value in Angela goes wayyyy past being debuff immune. She's one of the best champs for deep runs in incursions as she just keeps getting stronger .....she's my favorite ebony maw and havok counter (which are two huge pain in ass defenders)......she's an Icarus god.....the more I use her the more I fall in love with her kit and abilities. I don't know how anyone has anything bad to say about her. She has some of the most deep utility in the entire game . There isn't much that I'm afraid to try her against . Half the time when I'm stuck on something.....she'll solve it.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

It's written in **** kit that her auto lock cannot be modified by aar