**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Eq 2.2 tb venom vs spider verse

TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
I tried venom in this quest. He is tagged symbiod so thought he would work … fought against stark spider … but could not get an evade out of him. What interaction am I missing. Is the fact venom prevents spider to evade that prevents himself from evading or something
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I haven't done this quest, so not totally sure of the interaction

But yeah, Venom stops all spiderverse champs from evading
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    I know that venom does that … but in this quest … after knocking down the defender > venom should evade the first hit and that way building his charges
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Do you have the klyntar buff active?
    Yes all buffs on venom including the klyntar buff that prevent defenders from evading is active
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Its because Venom is not science or #spider verse champion
    The tags for TAGtical advantage are:
    Symbiot
    Sinister six
    Spider verse
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Treo said:

The tags for TAGtical advantage are:
    Symbiot
    Sinister six
    Spider verse

Sorry, you are right. Somehow i missed that symbiote tag.

Interesting, it should not prevent Venom his own evade
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

Spider verse champs can't evade Venom, no matter the node he won't evade simple as that from what I can tell

Really, interesting. So Venom can't evade spideys??

Weird.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

Spider verse champs can't evade Venom, no matter the node he won't evade simple as that from what I can tell

That's not what OP is saying right
  • helioskrillhelioskrill Posts: 2

JOC_3096 said:

Weird.
    spideys can't evade Venom
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Just used venom agaisnt stark in TB 2.2
    Can confirm venom is not evading.
    edited March 2023
    @helioskrill
    Spidey’s can’t evade venom
    That we know and that we agree on

But in this quest is seems venom can’t evade spiders … that’s the thing at hand which I am trying to understand / talk about … or what else maybe it’s a bug .. maybe a unintended interaction … maybe a completely logical thing happening if we find out why it is happening

# I see somebody disagreed with every message in this tread? I don’t understand. I am trying to be positive in search for a solution or an answer. Please can somebody explain to me what I am doing wrong in this tread?
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Was it just the Stark Spidey fight, or were there other fights where Venom couldn’t activate the evade? Also, did you try using any other symbiotes in the quest, and if so, did they have any trouble with the evade? Just wondering if it’s just a weird interaction with Venom in that fight, or if there’s a particular problem with him or the symbiote tag.
    edited March 2023
    Used venom versus nebula and there a evade was triggered so that seems to be
    Venom va regular defender (works as expected)
    Venom vs spider verse (no evading)

My feeling is that is has to do with his klyntar buff > evade countering from the defender > that is giving this interaction …

Other things that could be tried to find any common ground
    She hulk heavy slow > she hulk does evade after a heavy so that works like intended it seems

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Same thing happened to me, had an evade charge and let Stark try to hit me expecting my evade to kick in. I got a combo in the face.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    From what I can tell, it seems to just be a weird interaction between Venom and the node for that specific fight. Normally, Venom’s klyntar buff prevents Spiders from activating evade abilities. However, nodes that are placed on a particular fight are often considered to be abilities of whatever defender is there. So despite the fact that Venom is the one that gets the evade charge, it’s tagged as the opponent’s ability. Since he shuts down evade abilities of Spiders, he’s most likely turning off the node which is preventing him from evading.

I haven’t gotten to that quest yet to test it out, but are there any other Spider-Verse defenders in that quest to see if this interaction occurs with them as well?
    It seems the only spider verse hero in that quest
    Saw another post about a spot being a strange fight with non evading attacker but that does not seem to be the same problem I think.

I think it’s indeed some weird interaction. Preventing evade with a slow on the defender does not have an interaction with the attackers evade … so it seems to be the klyntar buff
    That one disagree noob in this thread got no clue how the node works or what's going on.

Anyway,
    Using void right now on the concussion path.
    He is not evading half of the times either.
    No concussion passive.

Good thing i don't care about nodes or difficulty. I'll explore it by tomorrow and won't have to worry about it for a month.

Predicting, We will keep seeing these threads throughout the month.
    edited March 2023
    @Zan0 I understand that but then I expect a slow debuff from she hulk having the same effect … but then she hulk evades …
    @SirGamesBond tried with void and his evades do have a chance to fail with his debuffs … so the node is not working the same way each time … most likely this lays in the way the “evade preventing” works …
    And that does seem like something kabam might wanna find out … or put on their list to keep in mind with picking defenders for next time
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

JOC_3096 said:

Weird.
    spideys can't evade Venom
    I know, it's just intriguing that ppl don't understand what OP is asking and come over to comment without any context.
    Tbh I'm not complaining, cuz I don't really care.
    And I'm also assuming why these interactions are working like they are, but are not supposed to.

I saw the thread, so gaving my input to suport your claim.

Back to exploring lol.
    Thank you for your input … did not see your comment as a complaint but as contribution to the diffrent interactions happening .. and I find it a very helpfull one because it’s not one I would expect with she hulk 100% evading with a slow on the defender … thought void’s evade prevention debuff worked as a slow debuff
  • Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
    I had the same issue with Venom v Stark Spidey. Had up to 4 or 5 evade charges from knocking him down, but he never activated them.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I just had a similar issue with spidergwen vs Wiccan on the concussion path. The node say the evade is not affected by ability accuracy so the concussion shouldn’t be interfering. In fact I had peni in the team too so started with 5 spider sense charges and she wasn’t evading anything. With or without the slow up. I really do dislike the tagtical charge quests and the nodes set up for them
    @kabam Ahab
    This does not belong in strategy.
    This belongs in bugs section.

The nodes are not doing what they are supposed to.
    Thanks!!👍
    edited March 2023
    I have problems vs
    Stark spidey
    Spot … sometimes an evade sometime non …
    Stryfe (his first medium can’t be evades so that one makes sense)

And still no comment from kabam even though the changes the place of this topic. I would appreciate a comment like
    Investigating
    Taking to the team
    We know we looking into fix or explanation
    This is exactly like it is meant to be

• _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 213 ★★★
    Happened to me too yesterday when tried venom against stark Spidey, thought it was strange too!

And happened with a few champs against spot but I'm less familiar with spots kit so I assumed was something else going on