**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

TB EQ much harder this month or is it just me?

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
So it seems like TB EQ is WAY harder than previous months for some reason with nodes that mostly seem to punish you like full map of stun immune or full map of unblockable and that's of course on top of the FIVE other nodes that are supposed to help you if you choose that class but the problem is that kabam has always started tailoring the most annoying defenders on those paths so that the nodes make them 10x harder to deal with and force you to choose other classes to deal with them making each run much much slower!

And same thing happens with incursions when the nodes that are supposed to be random are suspiciously tailored perfectly to make certain defenders impossible to deal with!

Am I the only one who thinks that's a **** move considering that this game already takes way too long to grind and we don't need to make it any longer?

Comments

• CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★
    Kate bishop and viv vision is really easy to fight, easier than the chapter 2 minions, we got to really pay attention for those mutant and science node. But i think i can go through it
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 768 ★★★★
    Only messed around with 2.1 due to war taking some champs… but parrying (which is already questionable) twice just to temporarily get rid of an unstoppable on a different timer than the stun immunity translates into taking of block damage. I guess you can play it as a completely stun immune node and intercept with a bleed champ a bunch to sustain you….. if you get compliant AI.

With incursions taking a lot more time (and being more fun and rewarding) - I am considering not prioritizing the EQ exploration at all this month.
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    I’ve only completed up to 2.2. Cost me all my revives just for completion of 2.2. But I agree that they’re super annoying to deal with. Hopefully 3.1 and 3.2 won’t be as bad. I would love to be able to take up my Herc to r4 if I can just 100% the other quest lines
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    That Apocalypse on 2.2 is really annoying.
    You cannot evade, Apoc makes sure of that, and if you lose then he gets unblockable when he hits your block. Very frustrating...
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Also, and I might be missing something, but Venom wouldn't evade Sparky.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Mutant and science are bad. No one has ever liked the feint nodes, it's awful design. But then they make it worse with something like mighty charge - because no science character needs debuffs right?

Then on the mutant one they put defenders on you don't want to bleed, like Elsa, or those you shouldn't parry, like Mr Neg. There's a way around that one but double-parry is not fun.

I feel like in both I'm just watching the defenders' buffs and timers the entire time.

Yeah I was spending the entire fight watching timers. And the most annoying thing about those nodes is that they don't restart after the effect ends but the timer restarts right after the effect activates so if the enemy won't attack right away then by the time he does attack to get rid of the unblockable the timer for the next unblockable to trigger is much shorter so sometimes you can get overlapping effects. And that is especially annoying with the unstoppable node where you can barely find a window to hit them.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 265 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    2.2 Science/spiderverse design is truly terrible.

Aside from the evade seemingly not working at times, the entire concept of using the evade to get an opening feels terrible. Evade was designed mostly as a defensive ability, although it has great uses in certain kits like Elsa bloodstones counter attack and Mr.negative's heavy evade into special combo, the spacing when an evade occurs is sometimes way too much that the ai can recover and block your counterattack.

I would suggest changing the evade on the node to a single hit miss mechanic. It fulfills the same purpose of allowing you to miss an unblockable attack to get a cross-fight charge but without the spacing that pushes your champion too far.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    On a positive note u only need revives for EQ.. cause the ones for SQ are not the same
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Glad i read this before entering chapter 2. Will re-focus on Act 7 this month.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    2.1 sucks but mascre and spam sp1 rocks it

2.2 laugh in quake you don't even need to know how to use her. You evade ai is stunned. Just keep using h charging. Couple fights ie stryfe and apoc who stop evade are only ones you need to actually try with.

I hate these Node but no items needed with a little thought.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 624 ★★★
    I haven't gone all the way through yet, but at least I haven't seen a Mojo/Domino/Killmonger/Maw combination like last month...

On the other hand, does anyone like having to read through so many nodes, constantly keep track of timers, and deal with all these input issues?

Also, side note, I'm still not a fan of a heal block chapter since I run suicides. I know there are plenty of options (I used moleman and kingpin mostly), but it still feels very restrictive
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Don't think I've ever seen such lopsided voting, lol.
    Not that it matters cause if kabam was listening to their players then Chapter 2 would not be.
    Oh well, at least we get to vent.
  • Mystic isn’t 3.2 and there is not a KM on that map so it’s a plus. That being said, obstinate charge is dumb and I don’t respect it. To use it for all of 2.1 and then for the boss of 2.2 is silly. Chapter 2 nodes harm the user rather than assist them. Especially the evade node of 2.2. I have to not knock down if I want to heavy which some of the spiders benefit from, and then the evade that happens pushes you so far back that in order for it to be useful then you need to have a bunch of those charges lined up.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I would manage to get through Ch.2 itemeless, maybe, IF AI was a little more ccoperative, didn't punish all my dashing forwards, and especially, if it didn't wait for the timer to end when needed. Every time for example, I try to use the Hercules special 3 trick, the defender is waiting for the milisecond my unbreakable ends to throw his Sp3!
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 257 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    I’ve already stopped playing battlegrounds due to the nonsense buffs they come up with each season and now the monthly quests becoming PITA and AI becoming a monster is pushing me away from them. If Kabam continues their nonsense, I’ll eventually give up and find another game to play. Why do I have to dex 4-5 times because the defender keeps jumping on me? Why can I not stun enemies that should be stunned?
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★

2.1 sucks but mascre and spam sp1 rocks it

2.2 laugh in quake you don't even need to know how to use her. You evade ai is stunned. Just keep using h charging. Couple fights ie stryfe and apoc who stop evade are only ones you need to actually try with.

I hate these Node but no items needed with a little thought.

Wanted to just say thanks for this. Was banging my head against 2.2 and started using quake after reading this. Super easy.