**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI able to throw special attacks in the middle of a successful heavy attack

MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
I was taking a war fight today with DDHK. Fighting thing on node 46, tier 2. I used a parry, then landed my first heavy attack successfully, but in-between the two heavy attack hits he was able to interrupt with a SP2. That huge loss in health ended up costing a death that otherwise wouldn’t have happened. First time I’ve seen this interaction. Here’s a video of what happened:

https://youtu.be/kY9xoXpnkPg

Comments

• shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Manup456 said:

The AI can also pop a special mid heavy if try to punish the heavy.

That's a well known bug and it just chalks up to superquick reaction times and frame-perfect inputs
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

I really want to know if anyone at Kabam actually plays this game for any extended period of time because it doesn’t seem that way to me. These AI and input issues are not device or OS specific so how they can’t see all these different issues in real time is beyond me.

I agree. I think that the customer relationship (we) to the game is definitely different then the relationship from kabam employees to the game. I can’t imagine that the kabam employees play the game that intensively after their 8-10 working hours. It would be non stop mcoc.

We, as we use the game to relax, have another view on the game, especially over the years. This is really unfortunate but nature of things I assume.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Jax, dude, this is NOT a bug...
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @Fit_Fun9329 So wouldn’t hiring a team of people specifically to do this make sense 🤦🏻‍♂️ why this hasn’t been done long time ago is crazy to me.
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Ai in cavalier 2.2 with mutant node is extremely aggressive! More than normal

Plus getting special intercepted while defender is getting up from the floor
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Huh

Searmenis said:

Huh
    Well it isn’t a bug… the AI is just doing what it’s allowed to do so in truth, working as intended. What this really is, is a systemic issue with deliberate or inept (take your pick) coding of the game’s underlying fight mechanics to the point where only the AI with its computer precision can possibly and predictably exploit them to an unfair advantage against us humans. It’s not complicated at all really.
    This isn't intended. This is a bug because all champions when hit are stunned for a small windiw which seems to be non existent here
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★

Searmenis said:

Huh
    Well it isn’t a bug… the AI is just doing what it’s allowed to do so in truth, working as intended. What this really is, is a systemic issue with deliberate or inept (take your pick) coding of the game’s underlying fight mechanics to the point where only the AI with its computer precision can possibly and predictably exploit them to an unfair advantage against us humans. It’s not complicated at all really.
    This isn't intended. This is a bug because all champions when hit are stunned for a small windiw which seems to be non existent here
    Ok it’s a bug. Is that better now? One down, dozens more to go. I’m trying to get Kabam to acknowledge and treat the disease, not the symptoms but hey, you all do you I guess. 👌🏼

Searmenis said:

Huh
    Ok it’s a bug. Is that better now? One down, dozens more to go. I’m trying to get Kabam to acknowledge and treat the disease, not the symptoms but hey, you all do you I guess. 👌🏼
    This isn't a symptom of the whole AI gone rogue.
    Bosley said:

It's a function of the AI speed or reaction time or recovery time or whatever we're calling it, being too overclocked or too high.

The AI moves faster than both the game frame-rate and the character animations. The harder the content the worse it is. For example....

Sometimes I attempt to swipe & dash in for an intercept when my opponent is at distance. But all my attacker does is a medium attack.

This can only mean that the defender dashes in with me (so their hit box changes my action from a dash to an attack) but then dashes back so quickly that neither of their actions is animated. Happens all the time in all content..... :\

This is also significantly different than dropped inputs or weird inputs like trying to block and doing a light attack or a dash in or nothing at all......

While yes the AI has more reaction speed , this particular occurrence has nothing to do with speed
    Every champ when hit is 'stunned' for a few frames (kabams new post implies this), so that subsequent hits can be landed without issue. Only evade can get out of this. No matter the speed of your input, you're immobilized
  • AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    The ai does what it’s likes most of the time speed of fight increased or decreased can interrupt special attacks can throw specials before heavy animation finished I’ve had freezing champs in the heavy pose again and just today half my alliance claims there locked out of the game and stuck on a loading screen
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Ok so first you tell me:

This isn't a symptom of the whole AI gone rogue.

Which I specifically said this has nothing to do with the AI but everything to do with the inconsistency of the base fight mechanics in the game.

Then later you say:

While yes the AI has more reaction speed , this particular occurrence has nothing to do with speed
    Every champ when hit is 'stunned' for a few frames (kabams new post implies this), so that subsequent hits can be landed without issue. Only evade can get out of this. No matter the speed of your input, you're immobilized

Correct, this isn't an AI issue which is the main point I was attempting to make. Bug or not, this is a deeper issue of the loosening (deliberate or accidentally) of the core fight mechanics in the game to the point where only an AI with computer precision are able to predictably exploit them and wreck us humans. This example is just one of many that have snuck into the game over the past 4-5 years and they are just getting worse as they also crank up the speed of the AI and the game overall. Kabam (and many of us summoners) want to keep treating symptoms one at a time - I want them to understand and acknowledge all of these game issues are SYSTEMIC, not isolated bugs - that's all.

• BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited March 2023

I'm sorry if I was confusing. When did I say I was hit before I tried to dash in? Neither the defender nor I were hit within several seconds of this interaction. We are simply standing far apart from each other doing that stupid block dance trying to bait each other lol....

I wasn't stunned or immobilized and then tried to move. I was anticipating the opponents dash in with an intercept and it turn into a medium attack instead.

But the defender didn't seem to move in. Or did they?.....

Yes they actually did move in and then dashed back so fast that the animations didn't register. So my 'dash in' swipe became a 'medium attack' swipe because the defenders hit box was within range for that split second.

That's the only way to generate an attack from a swipe, to be close to them. Otherwise it defaults to a dash.

And I made this analogy because I believe the opponents speed/reaction time is what causing them to break into the middle of a heavy attack with a special as the OP says...... :)
  • The_nutzThe_nutz Posts: 20
    The AI is now ridiculous, now I wouldn't have a problem with it, if we were able to do the same things, AI animation don't even have to worry about distance when throwing a sp or even a heavy because they close the gap during the animation that just doesn't happen when we do it. If you time a heavy intercept perfectly, the AI just hits through it as if the were unstoppable. Literally the first hit in heavy animation makes contact yet its ignored. And it's not a bug when it's doing exactly what it's ment to. I actually blame dorky dave selling his soul to kabam