**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

TB EQ much harder this month or is it just me?

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

2.1 sucks but mascre and spam sp1 rocks it

2.2 laugh in quake you don't even need to know how to use her. You evade ai is stunned. Just keep using h charging. Couple fights ie stryfe and apoc who stop evade are only ones you need to actually try with.

I hate these Node but no items needed with a little thought.

Didn't work soon as she evades she isn't doing heavy again so not sure how you did it with her.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    For me it's very easy. But this is not flex. I have given up on the creative part of kabam now.
    But yeah for early to mid TB it's gonna be hard than previous month.
    And to make matters worst some of nodes are bugged ( not working like intended i guess 😂😂). For example Science chapter. And also defender placement is very poor again
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I can understand the frustration, my champs are certainly dying more but I'm not using any items. It's also down to my ignorant play sometimes.

For TB I can see how this month looks more difficult than others. If you're a new Paragon , probably slightly difficult as well.

When one champ dies on a path, I just focus more and get it done.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 24
    Couldn't agree more , especially that 2.2 science champs bs , and all that cross over nodes , couldn't they just keep it simple..
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★

2.2 laugh in quake you don't even need to know how to use her. You evade ai is stunned. Just keep using h charging. Couple fights ie stryfe and apoc who stop evade are only ones you need to actually try with.

Didn't work soon as she evades she isn't doing heavy again so not sure how you did it with her.
    Worked fine for me. Except on the concussion path. And against apoc and stryfe, otherwise worked fine.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    2.2 science was annoying for me and i had to retry afew times with various champs. I found Mister Negative with NF & AM synergy worked best for me.
    https://youtu.be/ATbhHAzw5ts
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★

Wanted to just say thanks for this. Was banging my head against 2.2 and started using quake after reading this. Super easy.
    No worries mate. Glad it helped you.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★

Not sure maybe your off time repushing heavy. Works a treat for me.

https://youtu.be/lLkZwiBdzMs
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Whats the science and mutant node this month?
  • JTVincibleJTVincible Posts: 15
    2.2 is straight up bugged. Doesn't matter who you use; your evade charges are definitely not working 100% of the time like they're supposed to. Very goddamn annoying.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 626 ★★★
    DrZola said:

2.2 is straight up bugged. Doesn't matter who you use; your evade charges are definitely not working 100% of the time like they're supposed to. Very goddamn annoying.

I feel like this is one of those node combos that has malfunctioned before, no?

Only starting 2.2 now, but this is same design as previous TB EQ, which suggests no one is listening.

The premise the team keeps putting out is that “you can’t do everything.” Fine—but if BGs utilize poor matchmaking and suffer disconnections and TB EQ is sloggy and buggy, then where does one go to find fun and rewarding content?

Dr. Zola
    Enter Act 8.2

I agree with you, but at least story Acts (after 6) have been pretty fun, so hopefully 8.2 will be out soon and continues the trend. In the meantime, we just have to wait it out.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 768 ★★★★
    ege999men said:

For people having problems with 2.1, I brought 2 white magnetos of any rarity and spammed pre fight on every fight to ignore the node. Then archangel basically runs through entire 2.1 without any resistance

Thanks for this… keep forgetting 4 stars aren’t blocked in EQ. lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,485 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Only starting 2.2 now, but this is same design as previous TB EQ, which suggests no one is listening.

The premise the team keeps putting out is that “you can’t do everything.” Fine—but if BGs utilize poor matchmaking and suffer disconnections and TB EQ is sloggy and buggy, then where does one go to find fun and rewarding content?

Dr. Zola
    Enter Act 8.2

I agree with you, but at least story Acts (after 6) have been pretty fun, so hopefully 8.2 will be out soon and continues the trend. In the meantime, we just have to wait it out.
    And then what 🤣

Strums fingers on desk waiting for 8.3…

Dr. Zola
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Who designed the Spidey/Science map? It’s such a bad combo on top of the fact, evade shouldn’t trigger if you’re blocking because it can screw so much up.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Arenas. :p
  • runrebelrunrebel Posts: 25
    I would like to ask the moron who came up with the science content this month what the hell they were thinking that is some of the stupidest BS in the history of the game.
  • noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    I too hate mutant and science quest in TBEQ.

1. Mutant Quest

That unstoppable paired with that degen node was the annoying one for me as I died out of degen while waiting for unstoppable to expire and defender to throw the specials. I would have liked to use parry stun but the obstinate node forces you to try reparry or take block dmg.
    After having bad time, I straight up used Rintrah and Doom and took the slow approach by ignoring attack bonus for mercs and mutant. I dont have the specified bleeders in my roster so I am now considering to rank up Hood for this kind of nodes.

I would have really preferred Unstoppable from 'fight or flight' node or instead of 'Crimson Rage'

2. Science Quest

This has similar kind of problem that makes it hard or slow to utilize node bonus unless you have specific champs.
    The nodes ask you to knock defender down to get attack bonus while taking away the best way to knock down a champ that is parry-heavy. Maybe if the unblockable charge had longer delay to refresh then it would have been manageable, but as of now by the time they throw a special you do attack combo and they are unblockable again.
    Instead of worrying about all this hassle, I am taking slow approach of treating every fight as completely unblockable.

I really liked those weapon nodes in act 8.1 I would like to see variations of those.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    2.2 is totallly BS, they put so many evade-counters on the quest, not to mention the regular node could reduce your
    Block Proficiency to 0%, force you to use evade while has to deal with evade-counters, especially that Apoc, 1 sp and already lost >50% hp.
  • runrebelrunrebel Posts: 25
    slacker said:

2.2 is totallly BS, they put so many evade-counters on the quest, not to mention the regular node could reduce your
    Block Proficiency to 0%, force you to use evade while has to deal with evade-counters, especially that Apoc, 1 sp and already lost >50% hp.

Apoc was a joke I used more potions on him than the last two ch 7 bosses
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,520 ★★★★★

Harder? No not really. Incredibly annoying? Absolutely.

That's just par for the course for their current content design philosophy though. Making anything difficult or punishing is super taboo now unless it's one of challenge content. Instead they just make their game annoying and frustrating to play. Seems like a wise choice...

This months EQ, along with modern content in general, continually just made to be as slow and annoying as possible was the final nail in the coffin for me with the game. I was already taking a break from top level alliance involvement but I'm just done with it all together.

I'm not sure who's leading the charge on content design philosophy these days, but to me it seems counterproductive to make your players hate playing your game. I'm not a game dev in any way shape or form but you'd think that making a game less fun to play would be a frowned upon choice, not something you triple down on over the course of a couple of years at least.

Ah well, I hope for Kabam's sake that enough people enjoy the recent garbage they keep putting out, or if they don't enjoy it, are at least more willing to put up with it than I am. I'm just tired of playing a game I no longer enjoy almost any of. BGs were keeping me at least sticking around but the total incompetence in making that even a functional mode let alone heaven forbid... fun, is just a bridge too far. So good luck to those more tolerant than I am and especially good luck to whoever is in charge of making game direction decisions with mcoc bc yikes.

Act 7 and 8, EOP, and Gauntlet were all fun though. Then there are the people complaining about stuff like act 7 being “too easy” so there’s no pleasing everyone

Act 6 was more of an annoying slog than anything else we’ve had in the game until it’s nerf. Content design in general has always been a mixed bag.