**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It is easy to fix the "please carry me" issue in Incursions that have been exploited by cheaters

ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
It's really not rocket science. Once two paired up players move in one direction, the other partner cannot move in the same direction. I never understood why this was not implemented at the onset. If players cannot move in the same direction then obviously nobody can request to be carried because they'll have to do their part to finish up their side.

If this has already been suggested before, I sincerely apologize. But then it begs the question, why wasn't this very simple suggestion not heeded by the game dev team? Like seriously.

Comments

• Sure that may stop higher level players from carrying weaker ones to the the finish line, that doesn’t really combat cheating or modding that is also happening with carrying people. It’s not as simple as what you suggested.
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 266 ★★★
    How’s this even a good idea for those who are totally okay with carrying their friends over or they want to continue when they reach their top sector and want to continue.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Valroz said:

It's really not rocket science. Once two paired up players move in one direction, the other partner cannot move in the same direction. I never understood why this was not implemented at the onset. If players cannot move in the same direction then obviously nobody can request to be carried because they'll have to do their part to finish up their side.

If this has already been suggested before, I sincerely apologize. But then it begs the question, why wasn't this very simple suggestion not heeded by the game dev team? Like seriously.

Well thats not how it works. If one player kills boss and reaches end node second player gets pop up to go in to next room or finish run prompt, second players does not even need to move once from starting node for this to happen.
    This is done this way just because if one player gets stuck on fight other can finish boss and continue instead of bricking full run.
  • ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
    So this is okay with you guys?

• SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    This is a bad idea - should've just gated the difficulty to TB/Paragon so that 1* accounts wouldn't have it, which is ridiculous.
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Gmonkey said:

Valroz said:

I don’t care if they cheated. Does not impact me. We will never meet in battlegrounds. M Now if I was around the same level I would be upset. Cheaters and modders is an arms race with kabam. We can report and hopefully they store enough data to find the method and start banning. At the end of the day there will always be cheaters because a few humans always suck, and ruin things for the majority.
    That's the spirit, who cares, right? Nothing matters.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

Valroz said:

I don’t care if they cheated. Does not impact me. We will never meet in battlegrounds. M Now if I was around the same level I would be upset. Cheaters and modders is an arms race with kabam. We can report and hopefully they store enough data to find the method and start banning. At the end of the day there will always be cheaters because a few humans always suck, and ruin things for the majority.
    That's the spirit, who cares, right? Nothing matters.
    Actually, that is the spirit. Why get caught up in what someone else has? Who cares? .... just play the game at your own leisure and work towards what you want to get, it's really not that hard to do.

I do agree that modders need to be dealt with but as the guy above has said.... they've been going since the start and will continue to do so. I genuinely don't see any point in getting overly wound up about the fact.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Valroz said:

This wouldn't work. Once one player completes a room, you can skip to the next even if you've gone to the other side and finished your path. If you remove that, then you're punishing legit players who may clutch the final fight with the degen using like a Corvus or Herc, but now can't progress.