**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please let us know if the next progression title is coming and what the requirements are

Kabam made a mistake when releasing the Paragon title with like 3 months before the July weekend deals. Many people were left out because they didn't have time to catch up. I know I spent a lot less last year because I felt screwed over by not being able to plan catching up. Kabam, please avoid making that same mistake this time. If a new title is coming before July weekend please let us know what the requirements are NOW. Like, this week.

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    Langu said:

5 times 7* at R2... so plan your next steps carefully!

5 is a little much but I think it’s save to say, that 6* will not play a role at the new progression title. Maybe 2 7* R2
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    Probably be 3 R5-6* and 2 R2-7*
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Might be 3 6* to R5 or 2-3 7* to R2

Whether it'll be 8.2 exploration or Act 8 exploration is yet to be seen

If it's Act 8 then the requirement will be linked with 7* champs & not R5 6*
  • FoldinBoxesFoldinBoxes Posts: 34
    Lots of disagreement votes on my post. Any of those who voted that way care to explain why you think having less information is good or preferred?
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Paragon was only released last year, I highly doubt there will be a new title this year. If I was a betting man I'd say we will get the new title at the end of act 8 and requirements would be 5x r5 6* champs 🤷‍♂️
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★

Lots of disagreement votes on my post. Any of those who voted that way care to explain why you think having less information is good or preferred?

Lol, unfortunately some ppl come here to just vote disagree on everything. I got a whole bunch just from asking a question.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    If they do say something like “3 7*s for X-Title” don’t think it would help me much.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Well number one, I don't believe that there is a new progression slated to be released this year, especially when you consider the fact that Thronebreaker & Paragon haven't been given the necessary improvements to The black ISO store, updated crystals, difficulties as well as the current issues regarding the daily stamp collection from the daily deals.

Number two, we haven't heard any inkling of a new progression from any official channels or affiliated members of the community, so you might be jumping the gun on your preparations.

Number three, while your concerns are valid regarding how the launch went, especially so close to July 4th but that is ultimately at the discretion of Kabam or more specifically their marketing department and they've been known to mis-time their stuff.
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

Kabam made a mistake when releasing the Paragon title with like 3 months before the July weekend deals. Many people were left out because they didn't have time to catch up. I know I spent a lot less last year because I felt screwed over by not being able to plan catching up. Kabam, please avoid making that same mistake this time. If a new title is coming before July weekend please let us know what the requirements are NOW. Like, this week.

calm down bro! they are still pushing thronebreaker and cavalier stuff for paragons and the fans are still running cover by saying paragons get better pricing in certain stores, so its ok that paragon doesnt have access to all things paragon.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Friendly advice is not worry too much about disagrees on here. But since you asked, I'll guess that people are disagreeing mainly because a new progression title isn't really expected by most anyone currently not so many feel likes its needed or appropriate right now.

Additionally, most players have larger concerns in game right now than a new title, such concerns include input issues, BG issues, mod users, etc

An extra additional reason is likely based on how you worded it. It (especially the last line) came off overly demanding and entitled.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    in short, please make some sort of teaser for it , it will make people look forward to it
    Thanks for the responses folks. Those of you who said there won't be a new progression title this year - I hope you're right! Maybe I am jumping the gun, but if they ARE planning a new title, it would be great if Kabam could announce it well in advance of being able to achieve it.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★

I disagreed with the original post for several reasons.

1) You say that it was a mistake releasing Paragon when they did, but your only reasoning for that was that you personally didn't have enough time to get it day 1. That's not exactly a great argument, and new progression titles should not be easily attainable immediately upon release. For what it's worth, I also was not a day 1 paragon, it took me until August.

2) You say that you spent less because of it, and infer that it was a bad decision on Kabam's part. I would be willing to bet that they made far more from people pushing paragon then they lost from people like you. My reasoning is that they did the exact same thing for the release of Thronebreaker. They announced it shortly before its release, very close to Cyber Monday. If they noticed a dramatic decrease in revenue they likely would not have done the same thing for Paragon.

3) The post comes off as entitled and demanding. They have no obligation to announce anything ahead of time, and a single post on the forums insisting that they announce all their plans this week isn't going to accomplish anything. If you're really worried about a new title coming (which I don't think is particularly likely), have you done all content available to you? Have you gotten the r5 gem from Carina's? The only people who stand a chance to get new titles immediately upon release are those that are at the absolute pinnacle of progression. If you want to be one of them, start preparing now. Get an r5, explore all the story content, participate in the highest tier aw. If you do all that, it doesn't matter when they announce a new title, you will be well set up to get it.

I thought all those ideas were wrapped up pretty well in a simple 'disagree' react. I didn't think it would be particularly helpful or constructive to spell all this out, but you asked for reasoning, so here it is
    Ackbar67 said:

1) You say that it was a mistake releasing Paragon when they did, but your only reasoning for that was that you personally didn't have enough time to get it day 1. That's not exactly a great argument, and new progression titles should not be easily attainable immediately upon release. For what it's worth, I also was not a day 1 paragon, it took me until August.

2) You say that you spent less because of it, and infer that it was a bad decision on Kabam's part. I would be willing to bet that they made far more from people pushing paragon then they lost from people like you. My reasoning is that they did the exact same thing for the release of Thronebreaker. They announced it shortly before its release, very close to Cyber Monday. If they noticed a dramatic decrease in revenue they likely would not have done the same thing for Paragon.

3) The post comes off as entitled and demanding. They have no obligation to announce anything ahead of time, and a single post on the forums insisting that they announce all their plans this week isn't going to accomplish anything. If you're really worried about a new title coming (which I don't think is particularly likely), have you done all content available to you? Have you gotten the r5 gem from Carina's? The only people who stand a chance to get new titles immediately upon release are those that are at the absolute pinnacle of progression. If you want to be one of them, start preparing now. Get an r5, explore all the story content, participate in the highest tier aw. If you do all that, it doesn't matter when they announce a new title, you will be well set up to get it.

I thought all those ideas were wrapped up pretty well in a simple 'disagree' react. I didn't think it would be particularly helpful or constructive to spell all this out, but you asked for reasoning, so here it is
    I distinctly remember several negative posts when Paragon was announced, both in terms of requirements and what some perceived as being pay-to-win as opposed to being earned through in-game activities. Are you new here?

I guess I do feel entitled to some proactive communication from a game developer so they can head off the same criticisms the next time around. I don't think that is unreasonable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Ackbar67 said:

I distinctly remember several negative posts when Paragon was announced, both in terms of requirements and what some perceived as being pay-to-win as opposed to being earned through in-game activities. Are you new here?

I guess I do feel entitled to some proactive communication from a game developer so they can head off the same criticisms the next time around. I don't think that is unreasonable.
    If I were the developer, and I was releasing a new progress marker, I would not want everyone to be aware ahead of time. It would be something that the majority of people would work towards. Some may be ready to meet it, some would be close, but most of the people would have to work up to it. That really is two-fold. Players would have something new to work towards, and there would be more freedom when it came to designing and balancing the milestone. It frees up time to ease the game into it, as opposed to opening a gate that a high number would pass through on the onset.

If I were the developer, and I was releasing a new progress marker, I would not want everyone to be aware ahead of time.

I would argue that there is a recent precedent for better communication with the announcement of 7-stars champions. It'll be 6 months or more between announcement and when they show up. Heck, they even let us start collecting shards before they were released which, IMO, they didn't have to do but was very nice.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would put a new star level only slightly above a new progression title in terms of impact to the game.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Please no new title this year. Thanks.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    they haven't even figured out Paragon rewards and you want another level of progression?? lol
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    You guys have no clue.
    Next progression requires you have only 1* champs on profile with a legend tag.

If you can't do that. Sorry guys, You missed out the opportunity.