**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursion hack nerfed?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
The draining degeneration hack in-game drains 20% over 6 seconds, far weaker than what’s listed in the thread. It applies degen, but degen now doesn’t seem to apply per power drain debuff and it seems to have a stack limit of 4.

Is this correct? Were any of these changes shared anywhere? I can’t find it.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    TyEdge said:

And for the jokers clicking disagree, please feel free to explain how either the hack’s description in the game matches the thread or how to get degen stacks beyond four.

I just got his degen stacks past 4 literally 2 minutes ago. I was facing wong with no nodes that affect ability power rate, and then I just parry, Medium, heavy. Then I hit his block so he gets the power lock and you just whack him. I found the degen from heavy knockdown to be finicky if it will place degens or not, but I noticed that interaction yesterday when I was using rintrah.

I also took a screenshot of the node day 1 of danger room and it is the same as it is today, so they probably either changed it before it went live, or it was a classic forums typo.
  • ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    If you’re trying to cheese it from the YT video. Here is what it was in that video.

Looks the same. The forum post is just a typo. OR they changed it before it went live and didn’t update the post.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

And for the jokers clicking disagree, please feel free to explain how either the hack’s description in the game matches the thread or how to get degen stacks beyond four.

I just got his degen stacks past 4 literally 2 minutes ago. I was facing wong with no nodes that affect ability power rate, and then I just parry, Medium, heavy. Then I hit his block so he gets the power lock and you just whack him. I found the degen from heavy knockdown to be finicky if it will place degens or not, but I noticed that interaction yesterday when I was using rintrah.

I also took a screenshot of the node day 1 of danger room and it is the same as it is today, so they probably either changed it before it went live, or it was a classic forums typo.
    That’s a start. So what explains the finicky chance to proc? I don’t see an ability accuracy issue and even when I had heavy enhancement, it never went past 4. When it dropped from 4 to 2, it was easy to apply two more.

Are you sure you didn’t also have impact purge or something else that applies a degen?
    TyEdge said:

Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

That’s a start. So what explains the finicky chance to proc? I don’t see an ability accuracy issue and even when I had heavy enhancement, it never went past 4. When it dropped from 4 to 2, it was easy to apply two more.

Are you sure you didn’t also have impact purge or something else that applies a degen?
    This was zone 2, my only extra node was the one that gives prowess when you use a special. I also only threw one heavy that fight.
  • Deadtac0Deadtac0 Posts: 5
    Hickdog27 said:

Cool…. Just ranked Doc Ock for this node.

He should still work as long as u parry heavy then just intercept to keep up his own power drain to apply the degen.
  • Deadtac0Deadtac0 Posts: 5
    TyEdge said:

Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

I think the way the hack works is once one degen from it drops you need to start over which makes it slightly harder to apply more than 4. Doc ock worked great with parry/heavy then intercept imo 10 degens in the end.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    so the rare hack got nerfed?? LOL

and why is kabam making changes without letting us know? not that they have to but it would be nice 'cause we are the customer after all, and without customer there's no game.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I used the degen power drain method (not a hack) yesterday and worked well. I eventually paired it with the prowess degen hack and was melting opponents. Zone 10 Viv boss in just two heavies. Fun stuff.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    Definitely got nerfed, was killing it with idoom the first couple days now it fails to apply degen a quarter of the time.
    Deadtac0 said:

TyEdge said:

Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

I think the way the hack works is once one degen from it drops you need to start over which makes it slightly harder to apply more than 4. Doc ock worked great with parry/heavy then intercept imo 10 degens in the end.
    Then it should’ve said nonstacking, I feel like
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,138 ★★★★

Before we go blaming kabam make sure you are picking the right hack. I made the mistake of thinking these two hacks were the same and thought Kabam nerf the hacks too. I realize after watching the video again, I just picked the wrong hack. You need to pick the draining degeneration hack. Read carefully.
    Gmonkey said:

TyEdge said:

Is this real? Am I crazy? Por que no los dos?

The level of cheating in the game is real. I have seen lower level in global chat with the title. Hopefully this is used to sweep up a lot of these accounts.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything. I just want to know if this hack is 1) working as intended or 2) behaving in accordance with the description
    TyEdge said:

Gmonkey said:

TyEdge said:

Is this real? Am I crazy? Por que no los dos?

The level of cheating in the game is real. I have seen lower level in global chat with the title. Hopefully this is used to sweep up a lot of these accounts.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything. I just want to know if this hack is 1) working as intended or 2) behaving in accordance with the description
    The only interaction that doesn't seem to be working is heavy spamming the enemy, but if you heavy hyperion, he still gets a billion degens on him when using doc ock.