**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Option to delete

legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Can you give us option to delete mail or gifts we don't want to claim?

Like when you give us a 2star champ that I have or do not want, I want to delete em
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 676 ★★★★
    Actually curious as to why you don't want them? I get that it's not the point of the post, but why?
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

Actually curious as to why you don't want them? I get that it's not the point of the post, but why?

I just don't see the benefit of adding a champ I already have especially at a star rating that is useless to me

just claim the champ and move on

No, I don't need to actually if I don't want it.
    Why are people so quick to tell others what to do when they disagree with their way of thinking?

Ppl need to have options, I'm sure I'm not the only one to want such an option

But whatever, keep disagreeing
    Raganator said:

What's wrong with just letting it expire? The notification too much? I never claim anything until its about to expire anyways. I mean, I get opinions and you are welcome to yours but the option already exists with a little patience.

But while you are at it Kabam...also have an option to turn off emotes in BG without having to use the mute button every match :D

I agree with both things you say, but having an option go delete without waiting would be good to have.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    The reason this will not happen is because having a Delete button would lead to a bajillion support tickets from people who accidentally clicked Delete and not Claim.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    You can always wait for the timer to expire
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Opinions are like farts. Everyone has one, but not everyone wants to hear them.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★
    This has to be a troll because this is actually one of the worst ideas posted on this forum ever. Almost as bad as my case for human torch being bleed immune
    ItsDamien said:

Opinions are like farts. Everyone has one, but not everyone wants to hear them.

You can skip them just like you skip songs on a Playlist.

The forum also has that ignore feature if you're sensitive to differing opinions
    Pikolu said:

Raganator said:

What's wrong with just letting it expire? The notification too much? I never claim anything until its about to expire anyways. I mean, I get opinions and you are welcome to yours but the option already exists with a little patience.

But while you are at it Kabam...also have an option to turn off emotes in BG without having to use the mute button every match :D

I agree with both things you say, but having an option go delete without waiting would be good to have.
    It actually wouldn't be good to have for 1 reason and one reason only. How many tickets will be submitted to support because someone accidentally deleted their AW season rewards or any other type of rewards that are sent to mail? That alone is reason enough to not add it.
    I thought of that as well, gotta be responsible with what you press on the screen

Why are people so quick to tell others what to do when they disagree with their way of thinking?

It's easier just to claim it and move on vs trying to add another feature that could cause issues for someone down the road, like deleting rewards on accident. Back when we could sell champs, the forums were filled with complaints from people because they either accidently sold the wrong champ or someone "hacked their account" and sold all their champs. Taking away the ability to sell them, solves both of those issues instantly.

Claiming a 2 or 3* champ does nothing to your account. Claiming a PFP, does nothing to your account. Allowing you to delete in-game messages opens a can of worms that Kabam probably doesn't want to deal with.
    I see your point as well. They can make a feature you can activate. There are work arounds
    Maratox said:

How does it in any way affect you negatively to just claim the mail? It literally has no way to cause harm to your account

What's so hard to understand that ppl have preferences?

That's what's wrong with this forum, so many ppl so quick to judge someone else and then you have the troll gangs that just go around disagreeing 😆
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★

Maratox said:

How does it in any way affect you negatively to just claim the mail? It literally has no way to cause harm to your account

What's so hard to understand that ppl have preferences?

That's what's wrong with this forum, so many ppl so quick to judge someone else and then you have the troll gangs that just go around disagreeing 😆
    You are not having preferences you are trying to troll and failing at it miserably. There are so many other issues in game and you want a delete button for stuff you don't want. Well too sad..you are getting showered with gifts ..maybe stop playing.
    Having preferences is fine...but it's stupid to assume someone will say no to free stuff. Simple as that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★

It's easier just to claim it and move on vs trying to add another feature that could cause issues for someone down the road, like deleting rewards on accident. Back when we could sell champs, the forums were filled with complaints from people because they either accidently sold the wrong champ or someone "hacked their account" and sold all their champs. Taking away the ability to sell them, solves both of those issues instantly.

Claiming a 2 or 3* champ does nothing to your account. Claiming a PFP, does nothing to your account. Allowing you to delete in-game messages opens a can of worms that Kabam probably doesn't want to deal with.
    I see your point as well. They can make a feature you can activate. There are work arounds
    So make a feature for a suggested feature that would be for an already existing feature? Yeah, judging by the fact that you've only had one person agree with so far with 492 views, no one wants this to be a thing.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 763 ★★★
    you know... you can just not claim the items, and then after they expire, delete the message.

I don't know why you would want to do this... but you have the power to do this with literally no effort.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    We better not see you on a "Iso problem" thread ..
    Coppin said:

We better not see you on a "Iso problem" thread ..

👀 👁

So make a feature for a suggested feature that would be for an already existing feature? Yeah, judging by the fact that you've only had one person agree with so far with 492 views, no one wants this to be a thing.
    I see your point, only things on posts with agrees get to get stuff cause the forum represents ALL players of the contest

Got it. Disagree this one too
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Raganator said:

It actually wouldn't be good to have for 1 reason and one reason only. How many tickets will be submitted to support because someone accidentally deleted their AW season rewards or any other type of rewards that are sent to mail? That alone is reason enough to not add it.
    I thought of that as well, gotta be responsible with what you press on the screen
    And how do you intend to hold players "responsible?" You can't stop them from flooding customer support with tickets that will cost real world resources to deal with. You can't stop them from complaining about the greedy horrible player hostile game company that would not work with them to restore those rewards. You can't stop them from one-starring the game and trying to get fraudulent refunds just because they made a mistake. You can't stop them from ginning up hostility on the forums, the subreddit, and global.

There's no way to "hold a player responsible" for their mistakes. We can choose to ignore their complaints, but Kabam has no ability to enforce that responsibility upon players.
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

Raganator said:

And how do you intend to hold players "responsible?" You can't stop them from flooding customer support with tickets that will cost real world resources to deal with. You can't stop them from complaining about the greedy horrible player hostile game company that would not work with them to restore those rewards. You can't stop them from one-starring the game and trying to get fraudulent refunds just because they made a mistake. You can't stop them from ginning up hostility on the forums, the subreddit, and global.

There's no way to "hold a player responsible" for their mistakes. We can choose to ignore their complaints, but Kabam has no ability to enforce that responsibility upon players.
    Its been settled, agree to disagree ratio is what gets things done in the contest.