**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Defenders not throwing specials lately?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Anyone else experiencing this lately?

Been much harder for me to bait out specials for me.

Defenders not throwing specials lately? 175 votes

Same as always been
11%
Speedbumpyossege999menPikoluMobile_P0tat0Mother_FlerkenSquirrelguyJollyHawkYcatsSoyheyor123RebornMVPAshacekarThe_HoTUTinnr95Hickdog27ElMelloiChiefhobhdsjskskskMiStaloOvaAlex_T 20 votes
It’s harder to bait out specials
88%
Crys23DrZolaLeNoirFaineantMegaSkater67GrandOldKaiRaganatormostlyharmlessnADDIS0NSligCarnage313MidnightfoxbuffajrTendersquadzuffyManup456MagrailothosHenriqueSCCPKpthagreatHosek10Build 155 votes

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Anyone else? Would love the feedback…
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,141 ★★★★
    What about knocking down Squirl Girl with a mystic but as soon as the fight begins she refuses to attack right away so you can’t parry and heavy her and she gets the fury and unstoppable
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 299 ★★

I’ve seen more champs throwing specials at my block specifically when their abilities allow unblockable specials. For example: trying to push NF to sp2 when he’s at 13/14 charges has become harder for me.

And then there are instances when I have to waste 20/30 seconds in a BG fight trying to bait out a special. It’s just confusing how to play at the moment.

I have a feeling that AI plays to the abilities and nodes and match ups rather than trying to nuke you.

The other issue I have with the Squirrel Girl side event fight is that for the objective, you have to defeat with class disadvantage, but then even if you stagger her with Titania heavy, the fury will be nullified but Unstoppable still activates. So have to now do two objectives in two separate entires.

What's so bad with that? You get multiple entries anyway, it's much easier to use a counter, quit at 1% and then use a class disadvantage. Titania wrecks the first two bosses, give her a break.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Has Kabam said anything in any other threads about this?
  • IRQ said:

I’ve seen more champs throwing specials at my block specifically when their abilities allow unblockable specials. For example: trying to push NF to sp2 when he’s at 13/14 charges has become harder for me.

And then there are instances when I have to waste 20/30 seconds in a BG fight trying to bait out a special. It’s just confusing how to play at the moment.

I have a feeling that AI plays to the abilities and nodes and match ups rather than trying to nuke you.

The other issue I have with the Squirrel Girl side event fight is that for the objective, you have to defeat with class disadvantage, but then even if you stagger her with Titania heavy, the fury will be nullified but Unstoppable still activates. So have to now do two objectives in two separate entires.

What's so bad with that? You get multiple entries anyway, it's much easier to use a counter, quit at 1% and then use a class disadvantage. Titania wrecks the first two bosses, give her a break.
    Apologies, didn’t want to come across as dissing Titania. Just saying fight mechanics don’t make sense. Ideally if a buff fails to trigger because of stagger, the unstoppable shouldn’t trigger on Squirrel Girl is all I’m trying to say.
  • MaximuscleMaximuscle Posts: 1
    I think I’ve spent the last couple of weeks screaming at my phone “throw your special”!!
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Yeah they punch you in the face while you expect them to throw specials. They dance around holding that special and do everything in their power not to throw it. Very infuriating
  • ElthanElthan Posts: 82 ★★
    It's a mobile game, fights shall be fast and not drag forever. I'm not there to "dance" in front of an AI for 2 min straight, especially with the bugs and inputs issue.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Same as always been
    What kind of AI are y’all encountering?…. Mine has been the same as always.

And for the person who complained about champs waiting out power stings, that has been around for a long time and I’ve not seen an increase.
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    Same as always been
    I don't feel any difference in BGs but TB eq feels a lot more passive than cav EQ. Maybe it's because health pools are bigger and fights are longer
  • TaintoTainto Posts: 66
    Yeah the holding sp is getting stupid af at this point. I literally just sit in the corner dexing heavies for minutes at a time until finally the ai does some random backup then dash and then I eat a combo along w a sp3
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    This is a persistent issue IMO. The AI's behavior is one of my top three pet peeves about MCOC, and it is getting worse. Holding their specials is only one aspect.

IMO the AI should not be able to do things that a good player can do, but that's not the case.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Definitely harder, it's like the old days of arena. The only exception being Viv vision, I fought her 3 times before I even saw her sp2
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 488 ★★★
    What are you talking about? It's easy. You just have to dash at them and they will give it to you right on your face. There used to be a safer way to stand still but recently kabam thought the players are enjoying the game, so let's "challenge" them and they have their own dictionary with the meaning of "challenge"
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I can't really describe it, but I feel some kinda rhytm during the fight. A dynamic. It used to flow pretty smoothly, AI threw specials more or less willingly and it had some periodicity to it. It was expectable and chained into my actions nicely.

Now it feels hard, clunky, the rhytm is gone for me. The reactions AI does are hard to predict and sometimes it is just a nonsense.

• TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    It's pretty annoying. One can only dex for so long until there backed into a corner and you have to hold block. And let's say it's a champions heavy attack you don't know how to dex, and when it connects it pushes them red and now your taking a sp3. The situation is worse when it's a Thing on defense
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★
    But when they do throw the special… watch out