**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spider-Man buff updates

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
Since last month's (mostly) disappointing reveal of the OG Spider-Man buff I don't believe we've seen any updates to changes being made as a result from initial feedback. Do you think we'll be seeing a Rev.2 of the planned buff soon?

Comments

• SuhshehshsSuhshehshs Posts: 72
    There were a bunch of mistakes with the kit (some of his ability timings were absurdly low, like .1 seconds or something) and the massive negative feedback means there will definitely be a revision. It seems that the first version was a work in progress with the inconsistencies.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    Chovner said:

Since last month's (mostly) disappointing reveal of the OG Spider-Man buff

I don't know how you all still have faith in the 'buff' program
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

His buff went through a lot of updates during the duration of the beta

Changes since what was last previewed?
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★

That sounds promising, are there any details you’d be allowed to share?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★

Chovner said:

Man that Psychoman "buff" is still the worst attempt at a buff to date in my opinion. And there was 0 posts from Kabam in response to the overall negative feedback. It literally looked like the classic "I forgot I have a project due tomorrow and it's 11:00pm... throw something together"

I didn’t even know they tried to buff Psychoman, to me the most disappointing buff was the Nova “buff” where the made a single small change to his fury buff and called it good.
    They pretty much did the same to Psycho Man and called it a day
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 832 ★★★★

Part of me keeps saying that I should know better, but I'm hopeful for a semi decent buff for Spider-Man. Not Red Mags level (because that won't happen again) but if he gets an uplift comparable with the likes of Miles or Juggs I'll be happy.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★

I could go back further - Yellowjacket, War machine, Angela, Bishop, Diablo, Kingpin, Black Panther. Sure there are a few 'wtf' changes like Psycho-man, Nova and DPX. But on the whole, these buffs are making pretty rubbish champs into useable ones.

Spider-Man is currently virtually useless - let's hold onto hope he'll become useful 🙂.

DPX's buff could have been one of the best buffs if they leaned into the poke bleed more. He could've been Zemo before Zemo.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Even with a full synergy team around him classic Spidey is garbage now after this so-called buff. I am beyond pissed. Spidey should be the number one evade champ, period (even though OG DD is). How do you nerf his evades? How? And without his armor breaks my maxed 5 star spidey is barely breaking 1k with critical hits. And didn't he have precision before to make him crit more? I feel like Kabam really just wants to piss everybody off so they stop asking them to buff older champions. This is worse than the first DDHK buff.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,782 ★★★★
    Spiderman’s buff is ok, but I expected more with him.