**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ice-Man coldsnap AND NOVA FLAME IIIIIIMMMMUNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!! :)

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
Seeing the initial notes on the Ice-Man buff were shown by Rich The Man, and though his damage improvements look good (not amazing), the fact that he's Nova Flame immue is probably the main reason why I'd take him to R3 considering he's the only one to have that immunity and it can be a roadblock for HT in BGs. Hopefully they still ramp up the damage but so far I'm not mad at the buff. Also he's now finally Coldsnap immune which was one of the longest running sad jokes in game... made of ice... weakness is ice.... :neutral:

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    I dont mind his damage being tide to increase duration of coldsnap and more chance of frostbites as he was made for a lot of utility due to all his immunities like getting the nova flame immunity im now thinking are we gonna get more champs with that effect as a debuff since i think iceman is the first full immune to nova flame
  • GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 128 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Seems decent by himself and a damage increase with synergy is fine since Chavez has something similar with Spot. However, I'm kind of disappointed he wasn't given any new utilities. Kabam said they wanted to update his utility and in a way he did but not enough imo. Like sure he has four immunities, an okay evade counter debuff, stun immunity, and a protection mechanic... but it feels like he is missing something else. Maybe some form of regeneration would be fitting for his kit, so he's more similar to Sauron.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Renaxqq said:

Incinerate Immunity would have been better.

He’s already incinerate immune.
    Oh shoot lmao!!!
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    So, now he has 6 immunities, he can tank special 3s, he counters evade AND he was supposed to hit as hard as Magneto...? I think he is supposed to be a utility powerhouse and not an insane damage dealer. He does hit considerably harder with Scorpion & Vision Aarkus synergies, who are top champs themselves. I'm happy with his buff (not that I would mind a little tweaking) and I'm taking mine to 6R3.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Is he also immune to the power stings from HT?
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    But what's the benefit of making him Nova flame immune ??
    Torch is immune to coldsnap & frostbite so Iceman won't be useful against him as an attacker

All this does is preventing Human Torch from countering Iceman on defense
    They probably wanted to increase his defensive value for BGs through this immunity
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

I dont mind his damage being tide to increase duration of coldsnap and more chance of frostbites as he was made for a lot of utility due to all his immunities like getting the nova flame immunity im now thinking are we gonna get more champs with that effect as a debuff since i think iceman is the first full immune to nova flame

I might be wrong about this but as far as I know, Nova Flame in the Marvel universe is a Human Torch specific ability
    If that's true then it wouldn't make sense for other champs to have it except some other variants of Human Torch
  • smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    Meh...I think Iceman is just fun to play, old school fav of mine anyway...this was meant to be a small buff, and that's what we got...still better than the Spiderman buff haha
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    It would be nice if the Frostbite was similar to the Hood's Hex, each new Frostbite you gain refreshes, accumulating more Frostbite to deal good damage when it bursts.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    So far the footage I've seen was really good. But I understand people having expectations for beyond God tier damage.

The only thing that doesn't make me angry is the fact that they specifically mentioned how this was supposed to be just a slight update, so they were telling us from the get go to keep the bar low.
  • Paupershango_2006Paupershango_2006 Posts: 533
    I love how for Iceman's Buff, he has Nova Flame immunity, and even his organic ice not only provides him immunity to that, but also Coldsnap and Frostbite, and he can also gain a Precision Passive while the opponent has a Coldsnap Debuff from Scorpion's Get Over Here Synergy, allowing him to inflict Frostbite Passives much faster.
    If Iceman wanted to be this fun, I'd suggest using the synergies with Scorpion, Vision (Aarkus), Professor X, and Kate Bishop.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

So, now he has 6 immunities, he can tank special 3s, he counters evade AND he was supposed to hit as hard as Magneto...? I think he is supposed to be a utility powerhouse and not an insane damage dealer. He does hit considerably harder with Scorpion & Vision Aarkus synergies, who are top champs themselves. I'm happy with his buff (not that I would mind a little tweaking) and I'm taking mine to 6R3.

6 immunities sounds great ! let me see bleed, poison, incinerate, nova flames, and coldsnap.

Now lets compare him to Absorbing Man. He is immune to Bleed, shock, incinerate, coldsnap, frostbite, armor break, armor shattered. and though not an immunity but has an amazing 9000 energy or physical resistance. Total count : 7

Thing, immune to bleed, shock, armor break, armor shattered, nullify, stagger, fate seal effects. Total count: 7

Emma Frost, immune to stuns, bleed, poison, incinerate, shock, frostbite, coldsnap, fatigue, concussion, exhaustion effects. Total count: 10

Woww, Emma Frost still the Queen of immunities.

For Absorbing Man he has immunity to Poison when either Abomination (Immortal) or Hulk (Immortal) are on his team.
    So he'd have 8 immunities.
    For Colossus, he has immunity to Bleed, Incinerate, Coldsnap, and Frostbite, also Armor Break and Armor Shattered Debuffs against non-Tech Champions. Total Count: 6
    For Omega Sentinel, she has immunity to Nullify, Fate Seal, and Stagger effects, also AAR immune against Mutants, 100% Bleed and Poison Resistance, and increased Energy Resistance per non-damaging Debuff from Omega Sentinel's Nano-Shifting Weapons. Total Immunities: 4, and Total Resistances: 3; Total Immunities and Resistances: 7
    And yes, Emma Frost is the immunity queen.