**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds: Addressing Concerns and Future Improvements Dev Diary

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

You can all help us by reporting suspicious matches using the in-game report function. Please however do not report every account you lose to. There is a group of players who are doing this, and it is thoroughly unhelpful.

You guys should punish those doing this. Send a warning after someone reports let's say like 5 times in a 24 hour period. If they do it again, they get a 24 ban that escalates if they continue to do so.

I have faced my fair share of cheaters, just like everyone, but rarely more than 1 or 2 times a day, and sometimes none for weeks.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

I don't want to be someone screaming for compensation...but there are many players who especially this season are experiencing bugs prohibiting them from even starting their fight, not even giving them a chance to win the round.

I 100% should never have won this match, i played my fight horribly, all the guy needed was to knock off not even 20% health to win, yet he was unable. He lost rewards because of this and i undeservingly gained them. I don't want to progress because my opponent couldn't even play, and this affects hundreds of summoners every day, greatly justifying nice compensation, which i don't believe was brought up in this post. Maybe i missed it but it does need to be carefully considered on Kabam's behalf

Good point. This is the statement:

“The Team has been hard at work resolving these issues and are even working to both implement new tech to make it easier to identify and reproduce these issues internally and to ultimately address them as soon as we can. Fixing bugs in Battlegrounds is a major priority for us.”

The list provided comprises seven different types of bugs. These have been problems since all of last season. For the first time this season, I encountered the bug where my first picks are auto-selected this afternoon—but otherwise my technical issues have been dropped inputs and lag (still on the Trello list as overarching bugs).

Question to the team: why is there no mention of relief for BG bugs in a fairly lengthy post?

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Emilia90 said:

Idiots. How anyone at Kabam is still employed is beyond me. I used to spend so much on this game, now I give them nothing. I’d encourage everyone to do the same because this is just a joke and classic response from Kabam.

So they address nearly every single concern people have with the mode, promise to add systems that would make the whole game mode way better, and your response is to call them idiots? lol ok
    Nothing against you mate but lol and a year from now they will still be “address it” have fun drinking that cool aid. Let me know when those “promises” get fulfilled and the game mode gets “way better” *insert clown gif.
    If the gist of your feedback is that nothing they say matters because nothing they ultimately do matters, why are you still here?

It is one thing to complain about something because you believe it can and hopefully will get better. But complaining about something just to complain about it with the attitude that nothing will ever be acknowledged as resolving the complaint is nonsensical. Doing it just to try to convince others to join you in your misery is pathological.

I'll believe it will get better when I see it get better. I see what's there, not what I want to see. But if I thought the devs were not honorable actors or had no capability of solving problems, I would be wasting my time either complaining about them or suggesting solutions. That would make me the idiot, along with everyone else doing the same thing under the same preconceptions.
    Shesh, this was a book 😂 I’m not complaining. Just stating that promises have been made before and nothing gets better. I stopped spending and I’m happier with the game. I’ve just accepted it for what it is. Kabam has idiotic responses and unfulfilled promises, but it is what it is.
    To try to keep this to just pamphlet length, what part of this particular response was "idiotic?"
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's a response. I appreciate and respect that. Regardless of the outcome, they're in a no-win situation when it comes to communicating. They don't say anything, they're ignoring the issues. They say something, it's empty promises or too late or vague or manufactured or whatever else the response. At some point, you have to acknowledge that communication is a two-way street. When they make an effort, we can't just flip the bird at it.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Emilia90 said:

Idiots. How anyone at Kabam is still employed is beyond me. I used to spend so much on this game, now I give them nothing. I’d encourage everyone to do the same because this is just a joke and classic response from Kabam.

So they address nearly every single concern people have with the mode, promise to add systems that would make the whole game mode way better, and your response is to call them idiots? lol ok
    Nothing against you mate but lol and a year from now they will still be “address it” have fun drinking that cool aid. Let me know when those “promises” get fulfilled and the game mode gets “way better” *insert clown gif.
    If the gist of your feedback is that nothing they say matters because nothing they ultimately do matters, why are you still here?

It is one thing to complain about something because you believe it can and hopefully will get better. But complaining about something just to complain about it with the attitude that nothing will ever be acknowledged as resolving the complaint is nonsensical. Doing it just to try to convince others to join you in your misery is pathological.

I'll believe it will get better when I see it get better. I see what's there, not what I want to see. But if I thought the devs were not honorable actors or had no capability of solving problems, I would be wasting my time either complaining about them or suggesting solutions. That would make me the idiot, along with everyone else doing the same thing under the same preconceptions.
    Shesh, this was a book 😂 I’m not complaining. Just stating that promises have been made before and nothing gets better. I stopped spending and I’m happier with the game. I’ve just accepted it for what it is. Kabam has idiotic responses and unfulfilled promises, but it is what it is.
    Can you name a few of these unfulfilled promises as well?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,516 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I agree that we need to see results, but the community is already furious with them over BGs and they acknowledge at the end of the posts that the experience in subpar. I think they’ll follow through with this, otherwise they could’ve continued to ignore problems and not make a dev diary.

Some of these apparently require new tech so yeah it’s going to take a bit, but the community will definitely be hounding them over the smaller changes and we’ll see if they’re properly implemented. I also wish this was a post that just said “hey guys, we fixed all the issues now and the game mode is great again” but hey, this is what they have the community
    Oh mate, you must be new. They’ve done Dev Dairies and acknowledges problems for a long time, but nothing ever changes. But hey, I’ll digress and chose to believe in what you say that Kabam just needs new tech and once they get it, everything will be fixed. Just know you will continue to get a lot of promises without results.
    What exactly have they not changed? They nerfed act 6 like they promised and their original roadmap fulfilled 90% of what it promised. The only thing we’re still waiting on is masteries 2.0 but they changed other stuff that they promised to do
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I think this is the type of communication we were all looking for. An open and honest account that defines what the current issues are and what the actions are to resolve them. I wrote in one of the many threads about BG’s asking for communication and acknowledged fixes would take time. I think I was hoping that some mitigation would happen this whilst the long term changes were implemented over the next few seasons. The game mode seams to be in a worse state from when I stopped playing 4 weeks ago, so at least until the changes are implemented in a few seasons time I’ll stay retired. Game was far to demoralising when I last played it doesn’t feel like at the moment there will be changes to the game will make it less demoralising.

Kabam, open dialogue like this are what we need more of.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

It's a response. I appreciate and respect that. Regardless of the outcome, they're in a no-win situation when it comes to communicating. They don't say anything, they're ignoring the issues. They say something, it's empty promises or too late or vague or manufactured or whatever else the response. At some point, you have to acknowledge that communication is a two-way street. When they make an effort, we can't just flip the bird at it.

I’d like to comment on this because this is an issue I’ve had with communication both here and with my job and such. While I understand the no communication means no updates approach, for some people, including me, even saying that there is no update every now and then goes a long way. It shows that there is still work being done and the issues hasn’t been forgotten. Once a month could be a good starting point, but there have been times when things have been discussed or mentioned and after that it goes radio silent until the mods respond to something in a thread.
    This is more difficult than it sounds, because frankly it is no one's job to do this. The devs don't have an alarm clock that goes off periodically to ask them to provide updates on what they are doing (and I would rather shoot myself in the head than function like that in general), and the moderators' job is to moderate, not specifically drive the conversations.

What you're describing is the kind of thing that a player advocacy position would try to take care of. Sometimes this is done internally with an official position, and sometimes this is done with a player advocacy representative or representatives from the player community empowered to communicate directly with the developers and report back on issues of interest.

This is a tricky task to perform because no matter where such a person comes from, they must be capable of representing the interests the player community without regard to their own biases or predispositions, and must also be capable of communicating with the developers on their own terms and providing feedback to the players within the limits that Kabam places on that communication while maintaining credibility on both sides. This is balancing a pencil tip on another pencil tip.

It is not a bad idea, but I don't know if that's the sort of thing Kabam is interested in doing.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    There are a million other threads for me to complain in so here I'll just say:

Thanks for the information, acknowledgement of the communities problems with the game mode and some thoughts on how they might be addressed.

Just don't screw it up!
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,031 ★★★★★
    I appreciate the update. Though not even close to all the other problems (and not even a problem or concern for others), but I was really hoping that they were announcing that our victory shields were rolling over until we lost a match.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Posts: 41
    What does the pausing exploit do? Is there a way to tell if someone you’re facing is doing it? I’ve never heard of it until recently & I’ve been doing Battle Grounds competitively since Season 2.
    Also, thanks for looking into all the BattleGrounds related issues @Kabam
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

What does the pausing exploit do? Is there a way to tell if someone you’re facing is doing it? I’ve never heard of it until recently & I’ve been doing Battle Grounds competitively since Season 2.
    Also, thanks for looking into all the BattleGrounds related issues @Kabam

In most metas does nothing else other than guarantee a sure loss.
    Now in some difficult metas, some people were using it to get at least 15k points and hope their opponent mess their fight.
    Descent players consider “pausers” always an easy win, since they always score above 15k points in any meta.
    As for Kabam’s announcement, it’s a good move to the right direction, but things need to change fast.
    Battlegrounds at the moment aren’t a good experience for many players.

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I agree that we need to see results, but the community is already furious with them over BGs and they acknowledge at the end of the posts that the experience in subpar. I think they’ll follow through with this, otherwise they could’ve continued to ignore problems and not make a dev diary.

Some of these apparently require new tech so yeah it’s going to take a bit, but the community will definitely be hounding them over the smaller changes and we’ll see if they’re properly implemented. I also wish this was a post that just said “hey guys, we fixed all the issues now and the game mode is great again” but hey, this is what they have the community
    It feels like they'll just do nothing or small tweaks or as long as they can before any real changes. It's been garbage for 5 seasons and it's not gonna change for 3 or more seasons. That's even assuming that what they do actually works, which is usually a losing bet with them.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Does this mean if someone finished in GC, they will start next season in Vibranium ??
    If that is the case then it kind of defeats the purpose of Victory Tracks as a significant number of players who care about BGs somehow manage to end up in GC by the end of week 4

Better option might be to allow Paragons to start from Gold, TB & Cavalier from Silver, Uncollected & lower in Bronze

Players should still be made to CLIMB some tiers to reach GC even if they are big Paragons