**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This path in 2.2

Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 β˜…β˜…β˜…
To the person who designed this path, who hurt you? Are you okay?

With one of the most annoying node by far in an EQ, 3/6 7 star Sauron, Bishop, Apoc, Man-Thing and Terrax??? Should have ended it with a hulkling or a knull instead of Thor 😭

Comments

• SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 860 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Who did you use? I want ideas, please?
    I am thinking:
    Peni (Sauron/Bishop/Apoc/Cap)
    Stark Spidey (Sauron/Bishop/Apoc)
    Miles (unblockable)
    Thing (Terrax/Cap)
    iBom (Man-thing/Cap).

Maybe I will awakened rank 3 Scorpion in place of Stark as he is not duped and rank 1.
    What do you guys think?
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I used a team of 6* R3 Scorpion, Venom, Spidey2099, with 6* R1 Kraven & Agent Venom for this chapter, including this path

But looking at it now, I would suggest to ignore the unblockable node & just bring champ based counters to have an easier time

- Nimrod will do Sauron & Apoc
    - any good Bishop counter like Warlock or Kitty or Iron Doom
    - Scorpion or Spidey 2099 or essentially any poison/buff immune for ManThing
    - Wiccan/Absorb/Sorcerer supreme for Terrax.....Kitty should also work if u bring her for Bishop
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I used nimrod for sauron and apoc,
    Quake for bishop, namor for terrax and scorpion for man thing. Just have to ignore the nodes and bringing in the counters was better for me.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 860 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Thanks @AMS94 and @Sarvanga1_ for your advice. I used Nimrod for Sauron and Apoc (80%). Tried Warlock for Bishop but couldn’t push him to sp2 due to the unblockable timing. Ended up with Peni and she was mvp for me against Bishop, Apoc (messed up the unblockable again with Nimrod) and Terrax as well. I used Scorpion for Man-Thing. The evade charges really helped. I only used one revive in that path in the end.
    Now I just have to research to find the other hard path in chapter 2 that everyone mentioned. Feel like I am on a roll thanks to you guys.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2023
    I did it with this team.
    Quake - Sauron, Bishop, Man-Thing, Terrax & Thor
    Miles - Apoc

Here's some of the fights.
    https://youtu.be/1bge9xlQop0
    https://youtu.be/rFOo3ZWU78g
    https://youtu.be/a_VwBggHlYc
  • Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Based on the thread I think I was an absolute idiot for taking only science champs and venom
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ultron with Hulkbuster, cheese these three mutants
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 β˜…β˜…
    Kavya30 said:

To the person who designed this path, who hurt you? Are you okay?

With one of the most annoying node by far in an EQ, 3/6 7 star Sauron, Bishop, Apoc, Man-Thing and Terrax??? Should have ended it with a hulkling or a knull instead of Thor 😭

This was easy with nimrod and and can't remember who I used for bishop, probably warlock
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Scorpion all paths, 0 revives
  • lvplayer702lvplayer702 Posts: 4 β˜…
    IDK the path with Spot & Stryfe in this quest is miserable also. TBH would they should probably spend less time developing new champs that are at this point just retooled versions of current ones and more on actual content. Input issues aside, with content getting worse and worse it's tough to justify continued gameplay.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I used Void void void ibom void and venom for boss. Scorp was in war when I explored it.
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Quake works well against everyone but Apoc
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I used quake only one you had to try against was apoc because he stops evade.

Hold heavy ai trys to hit you they are stunned. Hold heavy again rinse and repeat. It is the quake map for people who can't use her.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Kavya30 said:

Based on the thread I think I was an absolute idiot for taking only science champs and venom

Put most of that blame back on Kabam. Their path planning is horrendous and they built in a node that makes evade counters (like Venom over a spider) unable to take advantage of the node because it breaks their evade. We shouldn’t have to search all the paths to make sure we don’t need to bring any champs that have no way of benefiting from the global nodes. The purpose of those nodes are to make the quest more enjoyable and having to step away from taking advantage of them both seems and feels more frustrating and longer than should be necessary for this content. They need to stop throwing champs at these quests like a splatter paint project and spend some thought on it.
    Agreed. I think part of the trouble is that they're building more champions who need specific counters, then building the counters (because that's a good strategy for making the new champions desirable); but then in these type of EQ those specific counters are frequently gated out.

BTW, it's not just Venom who has an issue with the Evade charges.

One of the good options should be Agent Venom; but I found him really unpredictable because half the time (suspiciously close to half the time, one might say) he wouldn't activate his Evade charges and would take an Unblockable hit to the face.

I suspect his ability to passively reduce the opponents Evade chance is at play. So two of the really strong options can't realistically use the intended nodes effectively πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BabyMiike said:

Quake works well against everyone but Apoc

She certainly made it a lot easier, thanks. But she can't handle Stryfe, whose Medium attacks can't be Evaded - what genius put him in there?
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Not just that mutant path (which is definitely the worst) but the whole chapter 2.2 is trash. This whole TB EQ feels like it's designed to punish us and not make it enjoyable in my opinion.....

The best advice is to use champs that counter the defenders and ignore the nodes ( in CH 2.2 and in general).
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    When in doubt, Herc it out πŸ˜‚ forget the nodes and bonus buffs ect all that stuff. Just use Herc.
    Or wreck those mutants with Nimgod and bring a counter for Terrax and Manthing.

Very simple imo