**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabaam "We're working on it"

WoodsjrWoodsjr Posts: 57
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Today's announcement was good but if broken down essentially says what they've been saying. " We're working on it".

I think, in my opinion, there has been a general loss of faith in the company's words that they're committed to fixing the bugs in game and looking at actual changes. Actions speak louder than words. Kabaams actions in regards to this game have spoken volumes. Yes, others will still spend on the game. But with that will come continuous bugs, continued cheating, and continued empty promises in the form of long posts by the company.

But at least you're working on it. So you say.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★

This stuff isn't easy.

It ain’t easy because Kabam makes you think so.

Input bugs have been going for more than a year and lately it becomes worse than before. Did they actually tried something? Makes me wonder.
    So how does Kabam fix it @MiikeyMouse ?
  • MiikeyMouseMiikeyMouse Posts: 21

This stuff isn't easy.

It ain’t easy because Kabam makes you think so.

Input bugs have been going for more than a year and lately it becomes worse than before. Did they actually tried something? Makes me wonder.
    So how does Kabam fix it @MiikeyMouse ?
    Ah here comes the shiny white knight.

If you have been incompetent with your work for more than year, do you really think your employer will keep you around? Not likely, unless there is a nepotism in your workplace.
    Incompetent? For 8+ years, it's been the strongest Marvel titles out there. It's still one of Netmarbles top games in their catalog including Future Fight and Future Revolution which Netmarble developed.

Again, I'm sure you're a genius and have all the answers but incompetence is measured differently when it comes to sophisticated input issues that you experience but I don't or ones that I experience but someone else doesn't.

Go on, apply to work there and show em how easy it is. Hasn't anyone ever told you not to throw stones in glass houses?
    A simple question of yes or no also you can’t answer, but instead trying to overcomplicated things.

I’ve been sending my resume to Kabam but they rejected it cause they said they already have enough men to deal with the bugs.

Satisfied? LOL
  • MiikeyMouseMiikeyMouse Posts: 21

Woodsjr said:

Today's announcement was good but if broken down essentially says what they've been saying. " We're working on it".

I think, in my opinion, there has been a general loss of faith in the company's words that they're committed to fixing the bugs in game and looking at actual changes. Actions speak louder than words. Kabaams actions in regards to this game have spoken volumes. Yes, others will still spend on the game. But with that will come continuous bugs, continued cheating, and continued empty promises in the form of long posts by the company.

There also isn't any game that is 100% immune to cheaters either.
    You’re wrong.
  • WoodsjrWoodsjr Posts: 57
    First of all thank you for the spelling correction. I've always thought it was kabaam. I truly believe patience is a virtue. However how long should that patience last? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year? Some of that bugs have been existing since bgs day 1. For example, the 1st player auto draft. The closing of the game resulting in a lost match. Or, the frozen screen where you have to back out go back in only to find out you've forfeited the match. I'm an RN by trade not a computer programmer so I do not have the answer. But we've been waiting for these things to get fixed.

This game is to intricate. To expect the game to work at 100% is illogical. However, the glaring issues are the ones we've been waiting on. So those that say be patient, I pose the question to you. How long should we wait?
    edited March 2023
    BigBlueOx said:

Woodsjr said:

It's "Kabam".

Yes, the game will continue to have bugs. That will never stop. There isn't a single game available through any sort of device whether it's console or handheld that doesn't have bugs. Money doesn't make bugs instantly disappear either.

Cheating will also continue as long as there are smart enough people out there willing to create programs to do so. There also isn't any game that is 100% immune to cheaters either.

You're going to have to live with those realities whether you like it or not. It's frustrating to not have a game that works 100% of the time but again, just like in the last comment, if you know of a way to fix it, tell them. If you know of a way to make the game playable the same for everyone for the extremely wide variety of devices, tell them.

It's easy to stand where you are and say "do better". In your mind, Kabam devs are all sitting around an "easy" button and just not pushing it while laughing at you. I'm sure you can get in there and fix it up right away right?
    Or when you are barely even slapped on the wrist for getting caught…. Cheating in this game has two massive challenges.

1.) Detection - it’s a battle of technology and tools, this battle will always ebb and flow as the cheaters find new tools and the teams snuffs them out. This is the loop the team seems to be stuck in now. That said the team doesn’t seem to have resources or care for any analog detection, or they are just not effectively allocated, because if they did then you’d think a top priority would be the top 100-250 accounts in Battlegrounds. The fact that you can mod and land in the top 100 just screams that this is undervalued by Kabam.

2.) Policy - the current TOS on cheating is softer than a hot turd on a sunny day. It is not player friendly it is modder/cheater friendly. Only Kabam knows the real reason for this but a 7 day ban for a severe infraction with a low likelihood of getting caught isn’t deterring anyone with questionable morals. Now we don’t have to jump to permabans to deter people but at a bare minimum we could make the bans more detrimental to account progression with real punitive consequences like say negative units or an account reset stripping rewards and champs earned through ill gotten means. This isn’t rocket science and this type of policy change doesn’t take months of coding. It could be implemented at any time. The fact that Kabam hides behind the current flimsy paper shield they have on this is an action that leans more pro-cheater than pro-player. I really hope they consider this feedback, because it’s offered up freely because I don’t think they fully appreciate this. It’s my personal opinion that the current policy was set up with well meaning intentions and is viewed as a pro-player policy, but it’s just not.

So to dismiss “cheating” as something that will be there no matter what is a burning man sized straw man of a position to hang your hat on. Things can be done here, they just simply aren’t. Instead we get more promises from a team that’s made a fair share of empty ones.
    I never said to stop trying to prevent cheating. Not once. What I'm saying is that even if they have the best there is in detection, it's still going to happen. It won't ever go away. Cheaters are pathetic.

I agree that they should have a zero tolerance policy for it. But I'm not in charge of that area for Kabam.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Woodsjr said:

It's "Kabam".

Yes, the game will continue to have bugs. That will never stop. There isn't a single game available through any sort of device whether it's console or handheld that doesn't have bugs. Money doesn't make bugs instantly disappear either.

Cheating will also continue as long as there are smart enough people out there willing to create programs to do so. There also isn't any game that is 100% immune to cheaters either.

You're going to have to live with those realities whether you like it or not. It's frustrating to not have a game that works 100% of the time but again, just like in the last comment, if you know of a way to fix it, tell them. If you know of a way to make the game playable the same for everyone for the extremely wide variety of devices, tell them.

It's easy to stand where you are and say "do better". In your mind, Kabam devs are all sitting around an "easy" button and just not pushing it while laughing at you. I'm sure you can get in there and fix it up right away right?
    Or when you are barely even slapped on the wrist for getting caught…. Cheating in this game has two massive challenges.

1.) Detection - it’s a battle of technology and tools, this battle will always ebb and flow as the cheaters find new tools and the teams snuffs them out. This is the loop the team seems to be stuck in now. That said the team doesn’t seem to have resources or care for any analog detection, or they are just not effectively allocated, because if they did then you’d think a top priority would be the top 100-250 accounts in Battlegrounds. The fact that you can mod and land in the top 100 just screams that this is undervalued by Kabam.

2.) Policy - the current TOS on cheating is softer than a hot turd on a sunny day. It is not player friendly it is modder/cheater friendly. Only Kabam knows the real reason for this but a 7 day ban for a severe infraction with a low likelihood of getting caught isn’t deterring anyone with questionable morals. Now we don’t have to jump to permabans to deter people but at a bare minimum we could make the bans more detrimental to account progression with real punitive consequences like say negative units or an account reset stripping rewards and champs earned through ill gotten means. This isn’t rocket science and this type of policy change doesn’t take months of coding. It could be implemented at any time. The fact that Kabam hides behind the current flimsy paper shield they have on this is an action that leans more pro-cheater than pro-player. I really hope they consider this feedback, because it’s offered up freely because I don’t think they fully appreciate this. It’s my personal opinion that the current policy was set up with well meaning intentions and is viewed as a pro-player policy, but it’s just not.

So to dismiss “cheating” as something that will be there no matter what is a burning man sized straw man of a position to hang your hat on. Things can be done here, they just simply aren’t. Instead we get more promises from a team that’s made a fair share of empty ones.
    I never said to stop trying to prevent cheating. Not once. What I'm saying is that even if they have the best there is in detection, it's still going to happen. It won't ever go away. Cheaters are pathetic.

I agree that they should have a zero tolerance policy for it. But I'm not in charge of that area for Kabam.
    Fair, and I appreciate the clarification, the initial response seemed overly dismissive of the problem.
    Woodsjr said:

First of all thank you for the spelling correction. I've always thought it was kabaam. I truly believe patience is a virtue. However how long should that patience last? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year? Some of that bugs have been existing since bgs day 1. For example, the 1st player auto draft. The closing of the game resulting in a lost match. Or, the frozen screen where you have to back out go back in only to find out you've forfeited the match. I'm an RN by trade not a computer programmer so I do not have the answer. But we've been waiting for these things to get fixed.

This game is to intricate. To expect the game to work at 100% is illogical. However, the glaring issues are the ones we've been waiting on. So those that say be patient, I pose the question to you. How long should we wait?

There isn't a simple answer. It is a very complex problem. The compounding issue is that it doesn't effect everyone the same so pinpointing the problem is the issue. My phone doesn't have the same issues yours might have. We do a terrible job as a community in reporting bugs. Rarely are there screenshots or videos to go along with the report and when asked for more information, many times the OP of the thread never responds back. Then you have people who refuse to provide anything helpful because "it's not their job".

It would be nice if you didn't have to upload everything to youtube first before posting it here. I am not sure why they require just youtube links.

You don't have to wait if you don't want to. You can find a different game to play while you wait or just continue on as best as possible. They are working on it if they say they are but it's just not something that can be done easily.
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Was there some announcement?
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,635 Guardian
    edited March 2023

Was there some announcement?

Yes