**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can’t win a single match in battlegrounds.

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
I never claimed to be great at this game, even though I have cleared most of the content. But I cannot win a single match in battlegrounds and I keep getting matched up against legends every three or four fights it seems. I feel like I have been so penalized for building up my roster to where it is. Really makes me want to quit the game.

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Yeah prestige matchmaking is a problem,..also facing roasters with stacked defenders. So many rosters with 10+ op defenders many of them from the featured crystals that many of us don’t even know yet how to fight yet.
    It then feels that your always playing catch up,..for whatever defenders you rank up you know that those other stacked accounts are ranking up more defenders at the same time. There should be a cap on so called “defenders”,..or go back to the season 4 meta where a lot of them were neutered or able to be taken down easily.
    Or make battlegrounds where certain tagged champs get a bonus or your only aloud to use a combination of certain tagged champs to counter the stacked roasters.
    Maybe dumb ideas,,,idk.
    But i do know that having a battlegrounds season where ALL the regular op “defenders” or dual threat (defenders/attackers) are all very viable,..can make things very frustrating.
    Especially when you don’t have 1/4 of the defenders they have.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The matches are based on account prestige now?
  • Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    The matchmaking can be brutal and at times unfair, also the RNG champs you draft can at times screw you and make certain match ups impossible. Only advice I can give you is you have to really understand what is happening node wise in each meta and strategize and pick your champs wisely.

If you understand the current nodes and use the right champs you will do okay and win more. If you just go in swinging you will get served by skilled players with better strategy even with your higher rated champs as each meta determines which champs are better to use. Also keep an eye out on who to ban based on the meta and your past fights that you got wrecked on, while you can’t ban every great champ of a stacked account there are a few bans that will help you out.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

The matches are based on account prestige now?

They have been that way for a good part of the last 2 seasons. It’s not just now.
  • Masaraksh1Masaraksh1 Posts: 62
    edited March 2023
    i have 6* 5/65, 14 characters 6* 4/55, there is almost any character in the game….but i can't go higher than silver 2…. on the second account where all the characters are 6 * 1/1 or 1/25, I rose to platinum easily. I don’t like that accounts much worse than mine rise easily to the highest level, and I can’t pass this with my main account.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Out_law said:

Here we go again........ Group of Summoners whining bout BGs
    It's clear if u have a big account u gonna face someone with a similar or higher account. I wonder why u always want to face smaller accounts to reach GC faster like that would be fair at all

Rewards. Don't care about competition or joy of playing BGs. Actually BGs are new arenas. For arenas I'm using suicides to grind them but for BGs not. How ironic.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Rebark said:

Last season i get vibranium with only 3 loses.
    Now i'm on silver 3 and lost 14 matches.

In my case there were no modders, I faced good players.
    It's the first time I started with 2 losses in VT, and I don't mind losing fair and square.
  • CapsaicinCapsaicin Posts: 3
    edited July 2023
    Skydad23 said:

Out_law said:

Here we go again........ Group of Summoners whining bout BGs
    It's clear if u have a big account u gonna face someone with a similar or higher account. I wonder why u always want to face smaller accounts to reach GC faster like that would be fair at all

So if you work hard at this game, build up your roster, spend lots of time grinding resources to do so you can’t get the same rewards as somebody that casually wants to play and doesn’t have half the roster that you do, because they get easier matches in BGs? That’s right to you?
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I have exactly the same issue you talk about
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

I never claimed to be great at this game, even though I have cleared most of the content. But I cannot win a single match in battlegrounds and I keep getting matched up against legends every three or four fights it seems. I feel like I have been so penalized for building up my roster to where it is. Really makes me want to quit the game.

That's why it's the "contest of Champions" where u fight in this huge contest, war, story, eq, arena, or yes even Battlegrounds. And if u loose to someone who is too high lvl yes it will suck but learn from it practice level up and beat the next guy later. Battlegrounds isn't the whole game. It's a gamemode
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    It doesn't seem there's an easy solution to keep Battlegrounds as they are, and please everyone.

Either smaller rosters get squashed in BGs and struggle to win anything at all; or they cruise to Platinum whilst players with substantially bigger roosters they've built up all hold each other back and struggle to progress*.

*This is where I am, right now. And I don't want to stomp on much weaker rosters, but on the other hand seeing them easily get rewards which I'm struggling to get close to is extremely frustrating (and disincentivising...)

Interestingly, no-one complains about it being unfair that newbies face seasoned veterans in arena, because it doesn't happen: there are (largely invisible) beginners, intermediate and veteran brackets. So an experienced player who restarts as a beginner can actually win featured champs quite easily with a bit of arena grinding.

Something like this would be a fairly obvious solution: to have different competitive brackets for Battlegrounds.

Having made that point, this is such an obvious solution, I can only presume that Kabam decided against that due to excessive server load, or insufficient predicted numbers of players or something.

🤷‍♂️
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

So an experienced player who restarts as a beginner can actually win featured champs quite easily with a bit of arena grinding.

Seems like this is not a thing anymore.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

So an experienced player who restarts as a beginner can actually win featured champs quite easily with a bit of arena grinding.

Seems like this is not a thing anymore.
    Oh?

Well, never mind, I wasn't planning on starting again, anyway 😉
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Seems to me all it needs to be is a dynamic tiering system where if a player loses say 3 in a row, it moves them down a tier, and likewise if they win.

This would make sure players were always competing in an appropriate bracket. I know I won 2 matches in bronze, it bumped me up to silver, and I haven’t won since lol.
  • J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 269 ★★
    All I can say is if you play enough matches
    There’s a delicious nexus 6* down the road
    🤤 😋