**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds: Addressing Concerns and Future Improvements Dev Diary

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

MCOC Team said:

It might require you to queue with Elder’s Marks,

This is a really unique way to say "We fully expect this to be pay to play for the majority of people who want to advance in this game" 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Also all this post is is basically saying "Yeah, there are problems, we know this, and TRUST US, we're working on it 😉"

No concrete details. No solutions given. No indications on time-frames or making it up to players adversely impacted by cheating... just a whole lot of acknowledgement with zero substance.
    Give acknowledgement, problem
    Give no acknowledgement, problem
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

What does the pausing exploit do? Is there a way to tell if someone you’re facing is doing it? I’ve never heard of it until recently & I’ve been doing Battle Grounds competitively since Season 2.
    Also, thanks for looking into all the BattleGrounds related issues @Kabam

Pausing lets you finish the fight with more health that you generally would have if you had not paused, thus leading to more points scored. An example of how - the node pushes, Ai extremely passive or you accidentally push the defender to L3 (which will kill you) - you are at or near full health so you pause and force the match to time out for the rest of the match. You score ~15k points for near full health on Attacker HP Remaining and you lose out on all points in Fight Duration. The difference is a net positive points and you have a better chance of winning with more points.

How do you tell if they paused?
    The main fight screen summary shows Fight Duration (in seconds) - a full time out is generally around 115 - 118 seconds (varies pending on load time?). Click on the 'i' icon of your opponent to see more details about the match. That screen also shows Fight Duration (in Minute/Seconds) - unfortunately it's displayed differently - wish both were seconds or both were Minutes/Seconds or just showed both ways of depicting time. A full fight on the secondary screen would show somewhere between a 1:54 - 1:57 time but if they paused, it will be less, maybe like 1:03. This means they sat there for about half the fight paused.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,538 ★★★★★
    That was so lame that they hid it like that… that’s the type of “change” we’ve been getting to things
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    "For those Uncollected or Cavalier players who in past seasons have climbed high up on the VT, it’s time to focus on growing your accounts if you want to continue to compete at that level."
    This gotta be my favorite part of all this...being saying since day 1.. U can't expect to have a fair competition between 4 different progression titles.. and UC & Cav should focus on progressing not on competing with their limitations and blaming matchmaking for not being able to compete...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    DalBot said:

DrZola said:

DalBot said:

You know what's better than saying "There's a problem"? Insight in to time frames, solution ideas, short term fixes (such as doling out some free elders marks like they... stopped doing), things like that.

Saying that there is a problem means nothing, taking steps to inform, address and compensate for said problems while in the transition phase would actually mean something. Saying "well you'll just have to spend in the interim" isn't only not helpful, it's the opposite of helpful.

You’ve played this game a long time. Those of us who have done so realize there has to be a literal towering inferno for meaningful change to occur.

Dr. Zola
    Sadly we both know this entirely too well.

Hope all is well my guy!
    All good here…

I just reread the announcement. You are on point.

It sounds like the main messages are:

(1) bugs (a) won’t get any redress for what’s in the past and (b) the team is working to reproduce bugs currently, which suggests there’s no actionable resolution in sight;
    (2) there’s an idea of a seeding methodology, but it’s in its nascent stages and won’t be around for a few months at best;
    (3) the seeding system is how the team hopes to make the climb better;
    (4) there may also be different medal allocations, but there isn’t currently a plan and it may require marks to access if/when it happens; and
    (5) still working on getting better at catching cheaters.

Dr. Zola
  • RedDevilRedDevil Posts: 52
    Dear Kabam ,

I lost of Matches due to system
    i am unable to choose Defenders/Attackers during the draft &
    When Opponents forfeiting the Match i am getting Loss .

in every alliance now we need to do minimum score in BG event or else they will just Kickout us ... So i hope you will rectify problem fast and plz give us little compensation so, we can continue few fights
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I just want to say thank you for acknowledging these issues and for committing to fix them. It becomes easier for me to deal with the suboptimal experience when you’ve acknowledged the issues, agreed they need to be addressed and committed to doing so . Thank you and please prioritize finding solutions to BG because I think this mode is vital to the longevity of this game. BG breathed some new life into this game for a lot of people and having quick accessible solo competitive game play with great rewards is really important to keeping people engaged in this game who don’t love AQ, AW and who want something more than story mode that isn’t Everest style challenge. If you get BG right I feel like you’ll keep people who otherwise might be looking to move on from MCOC.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    @mgj0630
    They can’t ban anything below 5*, because many UC players are using 4* in their deck.
    Also, matchmaking ain’t top5 prestige definitely.
    It seems to be around the top30 prestige mark.
    This seems consistent to Kabam’s statement in the past, that they will solve sandbagging problem, by implementing a system that forces players to use their top champs on their BGs deck.
    Additionally I did an experiment myself on that last two seasons:
    I kept my top5 prestige exactly the same, though I kept upgrading my rest top champs extensively leading to higher average prestige of my top30 champs.
    My matches got significantly harder and getting matched with significantly stronger accounts.
    Kabam needs to speed up seeding implementation and open up matchmaking to random, as it should be in the first place.
    If seeding needs time to get implemented, meanwhile they can loosen Prestige matchmaking criteria by 10% on each VT tier till it gets completely random at higher tiers.
    But apart from matchmaking main problem is the win ratio needed to progress.
    65% that is needed will kill the mode sooner or later.
    That number should be much lower and be around 35-40% to keep participation and ultimately the mode alive.
    Shield system needs to be calibrated to be more forgiving with losing a match.