**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds unfair matchmaking is out of hand

So I have been doing battlegrounds all day, when I get to 2 wins and almost to the next level I get put against someone who way, way, way outmatches me. For example

That was my opponents roster and here is mine

Keep in mind the player I was placed against is paragon with 5+ r4 s and I’m not even paragon yet? I understand that sometimes oneself is out matched, but at this level of unfairness it just makes battlegrounds dreadful and frustrating. Is anyone experiencing similar matchups?

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Most paragons are facing other beefy Paragons... And that's not even a stacked Paragon.. has 5*s in his deck
  • noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    Current system gives Beefy rosters a straight up advantage.
    They mow through weaker accounts.

Character Ranks is the victory determining factor for most of the matches.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    DrZola said:

MotW said:

So I have been doing battlegrounds all day, when I get to 2 wins and almost to the next level I get put against someone who way, way, way outmatches me. For example

Keep in mind the player I was placed against is paragon with 5+ r4 s and I’m not even paragon yet? I understand that sometimes oneself is out matched, but at this level of unfairness it just makes battlegrounds dreadful and frustrating. Is anyone experiencing similar matchups?

That’s a pretty big prestige difference at 16K+ to your 12.4K. Rating is twice yours.

At the same time, you are in Gold 3.

Three days into the season, there are a lot of accounts that are at 16K prestige and have played several years who are clawing each other to get out of Bronze and Silver. So I’d be pretty happy at 12.4K prestige to be as far along as you are.

Dr. Zola
    The explanation may come down to that. The game doesn’t match on prestige so that technically doesn’t matter, but in a more general sense there are probably fewer players with the OP’s roster in Gold3 than the OP’s opponent. So it’s possible the reason why this match up occurred is that there were no players with the same roster strength as the OP that were in G3 and were looking for match at that exact moment, so the game widened the match range to find a match.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Greekhit said:

MotW said:

So you want the G3 rewards your opponent is after too, but you are not willing to face the competition?
    You are basically asking for a “fixed” match to your measures, instead of facing the competition. I’m I right?
    Kabam catering to that mentality with their awful Prestige matchmaking, is what have ruined any competition element in VT.
    VT is a pure joke at this point.

Ideally the 16k prestige people, who are great at the game, would have started well ahead of gold 3 so they could start the season competing instead of having to grind the ladder to get to the point where they could actually compete. Hopefully when kabam gets the seeding tech implemented, then we will see better matchmaking through the lower parts of VT.
    I'm confused ... are you saying that anybody with 16k prestige is a god at the game? Prestige doesn't speak towards skill level in the slightest, you can literally buy your way to high prestige with next no skills
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

MotW said:

That’s a pretty big prestige difference at 16K+ to your 12.4K. Rating is twice yours.

At the same time, you are in Gold 3.

Three days into the season, there are a lot of accounts that are at 16K prestige and have played several years who are clawing each other to get out of Bronze and Silver. So I’d be pretty happy at 12.4K prestige to be as far along as you are.

Dr. Zola
    The explanation may come down to that. The game doesn’t match on prestige so that technically doesn’t matter, but in a more general sense there are probably fewer players with the OP’s roster in Gold3 than the OP’s opponent. So it’s possible the reason why this match up occurred is that there were no players with the same roster strength as the OP that were in G3 and were looking for match at that exact moment, so the game widened the match range to find a match.
    Interesting. That would imply the matchmaking system (which advantages decent/lucky small accounts) fast tracked OP to Gold 3 in a couple of days and to the point of pitting him against competition he realistically has little chance against.

Dr. Zola
  • MotWMotW Posts: 17

I'm in bronze 2, with 17k prestige.
    You sir are a God.
    Can you share some tips how to be good in BGs.

lol I just play and play until I finally get to the next rank, sometimes it even takes 10+ matches
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Nothing wrong with this imo.

You're not in a bad position being in Gold III, so it's not like you're facing unbeatable opponents constantly.

You may be stuck bouncing around in these brackets until some more people your level also climb up to Gold III.

It does make me wonder, sometimes it pairs you with someone from a different bracket – when does it decide to look outside of your bracket, instead mismatching within the bracket?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I feel for you, it’s a bit disappointing when you roll into a match that you can’t win unless the other guy forgets he started a match and goes to make a drink.

That being said, this is a competitive game mode, we’re all competing for the same rewards and ultimately if you can’t beat the person in front of you you shouldn’t be able to opt out of hard matches. 90% of the matches I play are against masters level opponents and have been since day 1. I’m only just starting to catch up in terms of deck strength because we are capped at 1 R5.
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Shoot, I finished exploring TB EQ last night. First match of BG today, bugged out in the second fight and says I lost. Kabam needs to take this mode down until they can deliver a COMPLETE game mod. This umpteenth beta season is just ridiculous
  • embarassingly I'm still in bronze. It has been a rough start so far this season.
  • PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    I dont believe that in bg are players which did not have at least one r5 six star. Literally I did not saw even one player without r5. Btw I also got one.
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    MotW said:

All you have to do is wait until all of the try hards are out of that ranking, then you will get easy matches or a equal match.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Maybe construct BG like the monthly quests and have two or three difficulty levels with different rewards? That way players can choose their level of competition, and the rewards would be tailored to that.
  • Sha1emadeSha1emade Posts: 22
    Not gonna lie this season is much harder then all the previous ones for me. I have never had any issues flying threw the rankings to the gladiator circuit. I won most of my games there as well. Now…silver 3 has been the straight up hardest run, for me, since battlegrounds began. No idea why. Just some personal mistakes, quality of opponent and unlucky draft options. The one that sticks out is caliber of opponent. Gotta tip my hat I have faced some killer players this go. I don’t feel I’m being smothered in huge accounts just very high skilled players. I think, no I know, that’s worse than playing big accounts piloted by sub par players. Nothing to do but hunker down for the long haul and try and improve. Just when you think your good someone always smacks you upside the head and reminds you to keep practicing. :)
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited March 2023

Difficult to progress like this? This is what I call energy waste
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Sha1emade said:

Not gonna lie this season is much harder then all the previous ones for me. I have never had any issues flying threw the rankings to the gladiator circuit. I won most of my games there as well. Now…silver 3 has been the straight up hardest run, for me, since battlegrounds began. No idea why. Just some personal mistakes, quality of opponent and unlucky draft options. The one that sticks out is caliber of opponent. Gotta tip my hat I have faced some killer players this go. I don’t feel I’m being smothered in huge accounts just very high skilled players. I think, no I know, that’s worse than playing big accounts piloted by sub par players. Nothing to do but hunker down for the long haul and try and improve. Just when you think your good someone always smacks you upside the head and reminds you to keep practicing. :)

Did you increase your roster/prestige since last season?
  • MotWMotW Posts: 17
    Thank you for your views everyone I really appreciate it and I got to see it from some other perspectives. It is true I am in gold so I should just be patient thanks everyone!!! 😊
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    MotW said:

Thank you for your views everyone I really appreciate it and I got to see it from some other perspectives. It is true I am in gold so I should just be patient thanks everyone!!! 😊

It’s tough with the way matchmaking works right now. This is me at Silver 3–can’t say every match was great, but every opponent had higher prestige than I do (mine is at 15.5K and I’m holding R4 materials and stones).

7 fights, 6 matches. Exactly 50% win/loss rate. Most losses were close, some were predictable after draft. At least two of them I had my first champ selected for me via BG bugs. To quote Thanos, “perfectly balanced as all things should be.” Unfortunately, balanced in BGs often means no progress.

I’d like to think I’m decent, but I’m basically facing myself in these matches. The result is I wound up right where I started.

Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Dr. Zola
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    Mackey said:

Pikolu said:

Greekhit said:

MotW said:

So you want the G3 rewards your opponent is after too, but you are not willing to face the competition?
    You are basically asking for a “fixed” match to your measures, instead of facing the competition. I’m I right?
    Kabam catering to that mentality with their awful Prestige matchmaking, is what have ruined any competition element in VT.
    VT is a pure joke at this point.

Ideally the 16k prestige people, who are great at the game, would have started well ahead of gold 3 so they could start the season competing instead of having to grind the ladder to get to the point where they could actually compete. Hopefully when kabam gets the seeding tech implemented, then we will see better matchmaking through the lower parts of VT.
    I'm confused ... are you saying that anybody with 16k prestige is a god at the game? Prestige doesn't speak towards skill level in the slightest, you can literally buy your way to high prestige with next no skills
    I'm just adding a conditional to my sentence, so it isn't all 16k+ prestige people, it is any 16k+ prestige person who is also good at the game. That is the purpose of my comma clause there.