**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

(AEYKAIIPW) ISO ECONOMY INTERMISSION: SERIOUSLY GAME?

How do you figure out how much ISO is actually available to the players? Just look, right? Find all the ISO, count it up, stick them all in a spreadsheet and there you go. Might be tedious, but pretty straight forward, right?

Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUuSAjsmwzQ

Really, game? Really?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: THE FIRST ONE
(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: THE LONG ONE
(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: THE ONE I BROKE UP INTO TWO PARTS TO PRETEND THEY WERE SHORTER

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    Did it add that iso brick directly to your iso storage? Because I know with farming revives you can grab the revive and just quit the quest and still have the revive.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Did it add that iso brick directly to your iso storage? Because I know with farming revives you can grab the revive and just quit the quest and still have the revive.

But you have to complete it to reset the map
    TheSaith said:

Pikolu said:

But you have to complete it to reset the map
    That isn't the point, the point is you still get the item. That's what I'm wondering about with the iso.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

Potions, revives, and energy get added to your inventory immediately, because the intent is for you to be able to use them immediately, before you complete the map. But other path rewards are supposed to go into that reward pile and be awarded to you when you complete the map. At least, that’s how it has always worked in the past. If it dropped directly into my inventory that would be a bit difficult to tell given how much ISO I currently have in overflow. I’ll test for that possibility later. It’s a small thing, just another speed bump on my ISO adventures.
    Addendum: I've been told I might be misremembering, and all rewards in paths award immediately and all chests award at path completion. It is possible I haven't noticed this detail until I started paying very close attention, but either way I'll figure it out as I complete my information gathering next week.

So it is possible that the glitch here is in my head, not in the game.
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    Shortest post by DNA?
    I did some research to save you some time. So I took a path of EQ that had an iso drop on it and I opened a cav crystal to give a break between my basic iso and the new iso I would get as shown here.

Right after I picked up the iso brick on my path, I checked my inventory again and it still wasn't there.

However, after I completed the quest, the iso brick showed up in my inventory. I think I might have been too quick on checking my inventory since the game might not have put it in my stash. The iso brick is distinguishable from the ones I got at the end of the quest due to the timer.

The timer leads me to believe that the path iso acts just like the items you pick up along paths. Hope this helps 😁
    Pikolu said:

The timer leads me to believe that the path iso acts just like the items you pick up along paths. Hope this helps 😁

My experiments agree with your own: that ISO brick is going directly into your inventory rather than going into the path reward section of the map rewards bucket. However, as I discovered and you seem to have seen as well, the *gold* on the paths does obey the original "collect upon completion" rule as it does go into the path rewards holding area (it is visible in your screenshot) and based on my testing that is not just visual: the gold does not enter my gold inventory until I complete the map.

So some path rewards obey the path reward behavior of hold until completion, and some don't. I used to think the exceptions were potions, revives, and energy, because it makes some sense for that stuff to become available immediately to the player. But it seems the ISO bricks are also flagged to do that, or at least some of them, while gold rewards aren't. Which is a little weird.

Which seems to be the theme of all my ISO work. Its all a little weird.
    DNA3000 said:

Pikolu said:

My experiments agree with your own: that ISO brick is going directly into your inventory rather than going into the path reward section of the map rewards bucket. However, as I discovered and you seem to have seen as well, the *gold* on the paths does obey the original "collect upon completion" rule as it does go into the path rewards holding area (it is visible in your screenshot) and based on my testing that is not just visual: the gold does not enter my gold inventory until I complete the map.

So some path rewards obey the path reward behavior of hold until completion, and some don't. I used to think the exceptions were potions, revives, and energy, because it makes some sense for that stuff to become available immediately to the player. But it seems the ISO bricks are also flagged to do that, or at least some of them, while gold rewards aren't. Which is a little weird.

Which seems to be the theme of all my ISO work. Its all a little weird.
    Based on my observations, I think the guaranteed one-time path rewards, like the gold or the path rewards in acts 7 and 8, are the only ones that will be added to your upon completion of the map. It seems to me that any randomly generated path rewards are just added to your account immediately.