**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Dixie_normas77Dixie_normas77 Posts: 55
    It's funny they have time to merge my forum post but no time to give anyone a response
  • JaynoxJaynox Posts: 4
    edited March 2023
    I legit will be spending the rest of this month farming then and at the end of this I will for sure be done with all endgame content. I cannot believe you guys cannot read the room from the original post you did, the least you guys can do is for this "Solo Event" you need to increase the revives by 3-4. I love this game too much not to fight for something that has been in the game since I can remember.

I hope you guys reconsider strongly, it's not too late.
  • rischiorischio Posts: 163

28 pages into this conversation and 1 comment from Kabam. Clearly they need to know this is upsetting to the community. Kind of shows how out of touch the company is. If they want to stop the farming then let us save up our revives to a much higher level. We do not need them all of the time. I find myself selling them because they sat in my over flow too long. We do not have hard content to beat all of the time, so I waste a lot of them. Then something comes out that I need them and they are not there. It is not fair to us. Not everyone has the skill of the top players and depend on using revives. Maybe we go back to no limits on inventory like it was when the game started.

I think now is 8am in the pacific coast.
  • HipocerosHipoceros Posts: 88
    Idiots, they just needed to low the energy refill rates instead this sht or even increase their price. So we can keep doing the same thing spending a little more.
  • Heir_of_thanosHeir_of_thanos Posts: 54
    I think this may actually stand as the single worst idea by Kabam in the history of the game. I seriously cannot think of another idea Kabam’s had that’s been worse. This is a disgusting insult to the player base and will cripple the game as we know it.
  • JaynoxJaynox Posts: 4
    Jaynox said:

I legit will be spending the rest of this month farming then and at the end of this I will for sure be done with all endgame content. I cannot believe you guys cannot read the room from the original post you did, the least you guys can do is for this "Solo Event" you need to increase the revives by 3-4. I love this game too much not to fight for something that has been in the game since I can remember.

I hope you guys reconsider strongly, it's not too late.

furthermore, don't you think Kabam should be happy that we spend our time which we never get back, into their game revive farming? like come on guys, you lot make millions upon millions yearly, we see the $ and you want more, can we have one full year of player appreciation for putting so much time and money into this game, if it was not for us this game would have died in 2017.

This feels like a slap in the face to us as a community, this is the only mobile game I truly soaked my time into I've been playing since q1 2015 and I don't want to stop because you guys are at an insane level of money greed.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★

I think this may actually stand as the single worst idea by Kabam in the history of the game. I seriously cannot think of another idea Kabam’s had that’s been worse. This is a disgusting insult to the player base and will cripple the game as we know it.

I'm not saying you're wrong but that's a bold statement based on a plethora of bad decisions.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Until kabam responds to this specific point it's pretty clear they're reasoning is absolute garbage. Revive spamming is bad for the game unless they've been paid for? Revive farming is the reason lots of people are even playing the end game content, they'd rather content not be played which is strange indeed.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

So how long until they nerf ROL pots?

That’s been done consistently over last few years. Kabam won’t say they have tho
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

If this doesnt speak volumes, i dont know what will. Kabam, youre digging your own grave pulling stuff like this. The Contest is your only viable source of revenue and i can guarantee this will NOT cause an increase in sales. In fact, youll likely lose a bunch of your player base which in turn will cause revenues to decline.

Great job 👍

Similar thinking here but from my experience I doubt it that’s what going happen. Hopefully, the community wakes up cos of this. Many have talked about not spending, quitting and stuff like that when Kabam messes up like this but have struggled to carry out those wills. Only few have. People have to manage their addiction to the game first, then they’ll have a measure or full control or power. That’s the only way backlash will have real weight in my opinion.
  • Black1377Black1377 Posts: 10
    Is money all you care about? Or you want to changed game totally into pay to win? If not zhen make fair to anyone and made limit for purchase also othereise only players who spend a lot will complete this **** content you create to just make people spend more money and is not even in skills anymore
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Everyone blaming Hercules, bros chill out leave the man alone lol. Let’s focus the attention on the revive farm thingy! Next episode on the forums. Why Hercules isn’t good on 8.2? And how Kabam silence nerf him. So you can’t complain then, you are making Kabam take action against hercules lol 😂 anyhow peace ✌️
  • SycosaulSycosaul Posts: 2
    I came back during the Christmas events and with how generous the gifting event was i thought the game and Kabam had changed for the better from when i left in 2019. When i left i was FTP but after returning i have spent a good chunk. Since i returned there's been a few issues that really make me want to put the game down for good again, the increase in EQ difficulty for no reason, general lag/input issues, cheaters, and now this. This shows me nothing has really changed and Kabam really doesnt understand their customers and how to monetize their game.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Contradiction:
    Kabam in the opening paragraph in the forum post:
    "introducing a new way to earn consumables without having to rely on path RNG."

Also Kabam, in the same forum post, introduced a RNG component to rely on:
    Easy - One Path has "a 1% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"
    Hard - One Path has "a 5% chance of containing 1 level 1 revive"

Bonus Question(s):
    "This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do."

Since the beginning, people have earned millions of battlechips in Arenas and cashed them in for units and used the units to buy revives to beat challenging pieces of content. Please explain how this as any less of a loophole, and, if applicable, explain how you plan to either correct what is effectively another loophole or how you plan to dilute the rewards. What's the difference between spending 60 minutes/day in Arena vs 3.2.6? Why is one detrimental to the game and the other is not?

Mic drop......

This is exactly what I was just saying. It's fine to grind arenas for units to buy revives so how is farming any different. Both use a players time as currency. In arenas you get bc, gold, units and champs. Farming you just get energy and revives.

That’s because arena farming is next on the list for May/June.
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    If they want to limit the use of revive then put a limit on it so the skill can prevail. Not limit the "free" revive farm. This thing they are doing shows that the dont mind if you use unit for the revives but only if you use the free ones. What a #### show.
  • JacoBroJacoBro Posts: 1
    I honestly can't believe this is happening. I pray that this is a really bad April fool's joke. Every single thing about this decision is downright stupid. What a waste of what could have been a great game.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,076 ★★★★
    Your reason for nerfing the revive farming was because of the expectations of Carina's challenges. You built that challenge with the certainty that players were going to lose fights and needed to spend saved units or money to revive.

When we play these more difficult modes, we're not just playing against the defenders and node buffs...we're also playing against bugs, game crashes, failed inputs, mounting technical issues that we've been tolerating for 8 YEARS that have resulted in unecessary K.Os. So what happens for many of us when we were unecessarily KO'd? We had to unecessarily spend money or units on revives.

So for you to have the nerve to nerf the ONE resource many players had to help them get through this **** show of a game because you're "worried" about "losing money", just shows the level of disregard you have for us and GREED you have for yourselves.

Where are your concerns for OUR (monetary) losses?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

If this is the way it is going to be? I think it is time to make ALL revive and restore pots a percentage.
    The bulk of them are useless for higher tier champs. If they were all, t1 and up, a % it would not matter what tier the summoner has reached, they would be relevent and useful at every level of the game.
    So fine, take away farming! But improve your product if you will not let us accumilate the massive numbers it takes to restores a 6* or God forbid! A 7???

People keep saying this. In what universe would this possibly be implemented in a manner that’s fair to the player? It’s ridiculous to look at the past year and expect that. They’d scale all the potions to a 5/65 Sasquatch and that’s what % health we’d all get.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Mauled said:

As I've said before I'm wholeheartedly against this change for a few reasons. I'm going to focus on the two that I believe are the most significant.

1 - The potion/revive market has been in dire need of an overhaul for years, but especially in the last year or two since our champions have been hitting R3/4 and now R5. In order to revive and fully heal an un-boosted R4 costs something like 120 units, depending on the health pool, and even more if the champion is boosted. As the potion economy currently stands cases it's actually worth allowing boosts to expire - depending on the boosts you're using -before healing a champion. Using the free potions from 4 hour crystals it takes an average of about 10 crystals to heal a champion from a 40% revive (assuming you're a Paragon), using the lv3 from RoL it takes about 15 or so.

The potion situation being so ludicrous is one of the reasons that revives are farmed in the way that they are: players can't afford to spend the units to heal their champions up, or have the time to spend hours and hours farming RoL for lv3 potions to heal. It's far more efficient to just farm revives and use 20% revives.

Solution: Health potions should be % based, starting with 10% for lv1, up to a 60% heal for lv6.

2 - Difficult content is being designed to make you revive. If you look at AoL upon release that was a piece of content that came with a hard ceiling on the amount of damage that you could do per hit - 85k - and a hard ceiling on the amount of hits you could do, depending on the power level of the champion ~240 hits. Unless you're using someone like Prof X, or Stryfe using a heavy-only playstyle soloing any of the fights was next to impossible, and it still is for many of the champions in the game no matter what their power level is now. This is a design philosophy that has continued into the Carinas Challenges, V1 was full of punitive challenges like the Star Lord challenge which is impossible to do without an enormous amount of revives, V2 isn't quite as bad though the Carina's Challengers challenge is still a revive fiesta. Carina V3 was designed to force you to revive multiple times per fight - there's only one of the Challenges where Peni isn't a total revive fiesta (CMM), for example.

Solution: The design philosophy needs to change. There's a difference between hard and impossible content. Much of Carina V3, AoL (At least on release) is impossible content and people just aren't keen on the idea of spending 2-3k units to do a challenge or a single line in a quest.

Completely agree @Mauled. Great points.

The revive farm is a consequence of negligence of reviewing the potion ecosystem and making sure that a reasonable amount of account potions are available in endgame content. I’m not talking about ground breaking things here but a revive every other quest on a single line that doesn’t refresh would be a huge upgrade. Including heal pots that are relevant to the story content. This doesn’t meant L3 (1500 go revives in TB difficulty, gtfoh with that) but maybe L5s on an Act8 line. Another option would be to changed pots to % based pots, then maybe a L1 might be something of relevance to all players. Rather than less than 1% of a 6star R5 HP… again gtfoh with that.

Additionally it’s a consequence of unreasonable objectives that aren’t designed to be challenging yet fun like EoP but instead are design to consume resources in punishing fashion that requires a level of Masochism to push through, as you know that no amount of skill makes that content possible
    People used the same excuse for spamming the Act 1 Rev.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Kabam will do what they were trying to fight, they will increase the number of arena bots, more hackers and they will increase the number of players by hiring mercenaries to do the events. Kabam, I ask you, what are you going to do to fight the hackers and mercenaries who are going to increase the quantity?
    About mercenaries, kabam punished them only once, when they had a legend tag in the Act, just do the same thing for mercenaries who play AW and BG on other people's accounts.
This discussion has been closed.