**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds: Addressing Concerns and Future Improvements Dev Diary

Comments

• Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Posts: 62
    This all sounds great. Good response kabam.

It's difficult to find a solution to some of this that will keep everyone happy but at least you clearly understand what the problems are.

And of course it will take a few months to bring in these changes. It's not a simple thing to rework some of the major systems like this.

Monthly updates would be appreciated. I know some people will moan either way but there's a big section of the player base that will feel much more positive if we're not kept in the dark.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

I just want to say thank you for acknowledging these issues and for committing to fix them. It becomes easier for me to deal with the suboptimal experience when you’ve acknowledged the issues, agreed they need to be addressed and committed to doing so . Thank you and please prioritize finding solutions to BG because I think this mode is vital to the longevity of this game. BG breathed some new life into this game for a lot of people and having quick accessible solo competitive game play with great rewards is really important to keeping people engaged in this game who don’t love AQ, AW and who want something more than story mode that isn’t Everest style challenge. If you get BG right I feel like you’ll keep people who otherwise might be looking to move on from MCOC.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact they had been completely ignoring us and blowing us off over the thousands of posts on these issues over the past three seasons.

They finally only make an official acknowledgement after several months of ignoring the issue once they finally came to terms with the fact the issue wasn't going to go away.
    That's a little dramatic.
  • ____CAM________CAM____ Posts: 2
    Also why am I matchmaking with over 3M accounts, my account is only 1.4M and 14K prestige
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,486 Guardian

No other company would continuously push a product or a mode that is bugged

I know many game companies that can and do this too. There are certain companies that are releasing skeletons of games and they don't even finish them until like a year after if they get fixed at all.

• InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★

Also why am I matchmaking with over 3M accounts, my account is only 1.4M and 14K prestige

Your going for same rewards as them, why shouldnt you?

And what tier are you in? If your higher than bronze than zero sympathy as I'm 17k prestige still in bronze so really don't understand why lower players think they should only face lower players on easy path to GC while far stronger rosters slug it out every single match against top players in the game starting in bronze.
    According to this logic, 14k should be matched with 7k prestige as well, You know "You are going for same rewards". There is no bracket in BG for matchmaking specified then why above scenario never happens? :lol:
  • Jean_Lou77Jean_Lou77 Posts: 21

How is this even possible? Will we be compensated for these bugs?
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★

And what tier are you in? If your higher than bronze than zero sympathy as I'm 17k prestige still in bronze so really don't understand why lower players think they should only face lower players on easy path to GC while far stronger rosters slug it out every single match against top players in the game starting in bronze.
    According to this logic, 14k should be matched with 7k prestige as well, You know "You are going for same rewards". There is no bracket in BG for matchmaking specified then why above scenario never happens? :lol:
    If they are in the same tier (ie platinum 1) then 100% they should be eligible to be matched against each other. Why do some people insist on thinking that players should be rewarded for NOT progressing their rosters when we are all going for same rewards in BG?

And yes, there are invisible brackets within the tiers that cause players to be matched up with players closer to their overall roster strength. These invisible brackets seem to get a little more fluid in higher tiers (notice OP never responded back to what tier he was in).

Additionally people are losing interest quickly in BG meaning less people searching for matches. If no one is on in similar "invisible brackets" and then the search expands as the search time increases.
    It does not makeup with statement "You are going for same rewards", invisible bracket is also an assumption as matchmaking parameters never reveled. Only thing we know is we are getting matched in Platinum 1 with Platinum 1. However if you were playing Bronze still there is not a single match between my scenario, Every Account is same at lower level. Why special treatment to lower level when rewards are same for reaching next tier? When comes to rewards everyone is same but when matchmaking everyone is different. Either things should be aligned with each other or one should be changed to match other.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★

Yes, they should. If they're in the same bracket and fighting for the same rewards everyone should be fair game to match.
  • All these steps address the main concerns of the playerbase for sure.
    the only concern is timeline.
    i hope they stagger the updates to make incremental changes to ease the pain of the gamemode. That would be better than one huge update (and i'm sure that is their aim)
  • JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 165 ★★
    It's so bugged fix your game or give us compensation. 200 Elder's mark for nothing once again :)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Jeancrb said:

It's so bugged fix your game or give us compensation. 200 Elder's mark for nothing once again :)

Not sure if this is an actual suggestion, but I am perplexed how the team can list at least 6-7 specific ways BGs has been bugged but make no mention about an apology or efforts to ameliorate the issues.

Dr. Zola
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    DrZola said:

Jeancrb said:

Not sure if this is an actual suggestion, but I am perplexed how the team can list at least 6-7 specific ways BGs has been bugged but make no mention about an apology or efforts to ameliorate the issues.

Dr. Zola
    This is exactly my feeling. Things are broken, as they acknowledged finally. Its going to take time to fix, annoying but I do understand how time works. But to just be like "Sorry its a suboptimal experience" and not give any sort of items or anything to make up for the multiple ways you are losing out due to bugs and cheaters just feels bad. I mean even just making the weekly victory shield in the BG store free till its fixed would be something, not a lot but it would at least be a small step in the direction of trying to repair the relationship with the player.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Jeancrb said:

Dr. Zola
    Like I said earlier, they should have sent out a package of like 20 shields. They know that the game is bugged and people aren't happy, yet they won't do anything about it for 3+ months. And they expect us to just accept it.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Jeancrb said:

Dr. Zola
    I think the bugs are now so ingrained and ongoing with no timeline to be fixed, that if Kabam gave any compensation now they’d have to give it again continuously going forward. I think they are scared to go back to the weekly compensation we had when the OG input issues, even though we now experience the same issues and more, albeit caused by different bugs. Couple these with battle ground specific bugs and I don’t know how anyone can actually play the mode.

Lagacy literally gave up on his stream because of BG bugs. Kabam, the problem is real. The discontent is growing. An expedited interim solution is needed. If you can’t fix the game, I think you need buy people’s loyalty with BG compensation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OffGL4awESg
  • ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 83 ★★
    Placing the first defender is undeniably a disadvantage. Not only that but if you are the first to place the defender you are also the first to place the attacker. You are revealing your plans for the opponent to counter. If there are 3 rounds in a match the one who went first had a disadvantage twice while the opponent had the disadvantage once.

I think the best way to make it fair is to have both players chose defenders and attackers at the same time blind. As in both players chose who they want to defend and when they are locked in they are revealed to each other. Then they both chose attackers blind and when those are locked in they are revealed and the match proceeds. This is definitely the most fair thing to do but I can see it potentially being an issue with to much guesswork on who the opponent will pick.

Alternatively, you could have the order go Player 1 places defender, Player 2 places defender, Player 2 places attacker, Player 1 places attacker. This is instead of the current P1 Defender, P2 Defender, P1 Attacker, P2 Defender.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I think they wrote a bad post on purpose. They will wait for the reaction and then change the revive to be guarenteed once per day. Then they will say, we backed down and comprimised and hope that settles the community.

If they started with the guarenteed revive per day there would still be community outrage and would be more difficult to win the community over afterwards
  • spotted_zebraspotted_zebra Posts: 1
    It seems like there should be an easier fix. Something like

1. Leave the current victory track method of winning X matches in a row in place, to advance, and call it the fast track

2. Add a slow track where you can win a total of 2X matches in any number of tries to advance in the victory track.

Then if you win a few in a row you advance but if can't win a few in a row you can still progress by winning a set number of matches. It's a game, this makes it fun.

This allows you to always see progress in the victory track, which will get more people playing it. Make the victory track a solvable problem for anyone willing to play enough and they will play more. Leave the way you match people as is in the victory track.

Then make the gladiators circut the blood bath where you get matched to anyone and everyone and you have to win matches in a row to advance.

This way everyone can enjoy the victory track and its rewards and the best players with the best accounts get the glory of smashing people in the gladiators circut.