**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What do you think Kabam will do in response to all this backlash about revive nerf?

What do you think Kabam will do in response to all this backlash about revive nerf? 223 votes

Remove the Apothecary and reinstate previous system (maybe with lower drop rates)
4%
CrowegArchdemon_mikeimp123nOuxBocksaroxSparty6LickyChungus_L0rdPureOz 9 votes
Better rewards and/or lower energy costs for Apothecary
14%
MasterSmokeJerryJiverJazz_MessengerCat_Murdockflip3609sbroStellarRockyshockyFabriciusOGAvengerFuskieTripleBMaratoxSaksham_narulaRocketWaffleo_oRenaxqqOMXSean_WhoCaptainDenversLpoo 33 votes
Laugh in our faces and tell us to deal
81%
KpatrixBigPoppaCBONESnakeEyes69DAREMOZEE7Mr_PlatypusSeverus35Chadhogandanm11FreakydOKAYGangMongoPawnChovnerJinxesaxeHeraldofNonePatallacTheVyrusphillgreenWzzrddBosleyasgardtroll 181 votes

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    The Apothecary will launch because at this stage it's probably already passed through the development phases and is in a staging environment or something similar to that ready to launch. Barring minor tweaks, the Apothecary is probably ready to go.

Likewise, the change to Acts 1-3 have probably been coded/scripted and tested, and likewise will be ready to go.

I suspect that the most realistic thing to hope for is a change to the Apothecary quest and an increase in items. And maybe an increase to the general inventory limits.

Sorry if this isn't sunshine and rainbows, but that'll be the reality methinks.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    They'll do what they already planned to, why would they care what their customers think 😄
  • None of the above
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 62

I think they don't care about it
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Better rewards and/or lower energy costs for Apothecary
    I think (hope) they will bump up the revives slightly. Give the easy difficulty a garanteed revive also. This way you get your 2 revives a day at a lower energy cost than previously. For the tradeoff that you can only get 2 a day.
  • KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    edited March 2023
    Same thing they did with control issues... pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Boost inventory to 25, extend expiration to 30 days.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    DNA3000 said:

The developers were fully aware there would be a strong backlash to these changes, and decided to do them in spite of that fact, because sometimes you just have to do unpopular things.

When the devs want to do something and there's a big backlash, players can sometimes convince the devs to change direction. But when the devs need to do something, no amount of backlash will cause them to change direction, and we're not really in a position to argue with them over what their development and operational needs are.

Atleast they shouldn't lie about helping player base. Let the fact remain fact. I would support when a hard decision is backed with big kahonas.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Let's make the distinction between "developers of the game", i.e. Kabam and software developers.
    Software developers don't decide anything other than when it comes to the technical aspect. Stakeholders and other higher uppers make the decisions.
    Kinda tired, as a developer, of seeing everyone badmouthing them on the forums when they have very little to do with this type of thing.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    Sadly I'm going to assume that they'll crack on anyway. If we're lucky the Apothecary won't be the totally pathetic quest that it currently looks to be.

I should think that pretty much everyone involved in the development of the game knew this would go down like a lead balloon but were given their marching orders. It's times like this when I wonder if there's a special screaming pillow next to Miike's desk when he gets given these instructions and is told to try and package it so that it's loosely acceptable to the player base.

If we're very lucky this will provide Kabam with the opportunity to rebalance the potions and revive economy so that players are more inclined to use revives and potions in conjunction rather than the far more efficient 20% revive system that's currently in place.

Lv1 Health Pot - 10% heal
    Lv2 Health Pot - 20% heal
    Lv3 Health Pot - 30% heal
    Lv4 Health Pot - 40% heal
    Lv5 Health Pot - 50% heal
    Lv6 Health Pot - 60% heal

This would balance the potion economy perfectly and make all potions relevant to players of all progression points and remove the dichotomy that boosting is actually bad if you can't one shot the opponent and have to heal as a result.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

Let's make the distinction between "developers of the game", i.e. Kabam and software developers.
    Software developers don't decide anything other than when it comes to the technical aspect. Stakeholders and other higher uppers make the decisions.
    Kinda tired, as a developer, of seeing everyone badmouthing them on the forums when they have very little to do with this type of thing.

I don't blame miike or Jax or the game developers.
    But I have been blaming "the new higher upp" who was appointed last January by netmarble.