**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Counter point: Don't Nerf Hercules and here's why..

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
As the title suggests, here's my reasons why I suggest Hercules stays the way he is.

1. There are nodes and characters that can counter Hercules' immortality. Any Mystic with nullify can take care of this & champs like Absorbing man will reduce its duration by 90%

2. If you dislike using Hercules because he makes content too easy, then use other characters. Isn't that what Kabam has been trying to do all this time? The Variant events were designed to get us to use a variety of other champs. Remember that not everyone has the same skill set that you do. Hercules' immortality may seem trivial to you but it could be essential for less skilled players.

3. Is Hercules broken? Not really. He does have unique abilities that if used properly, can help clear end game content but there's nothing that I've seen that makes him impossible to beat or immune to all abilities. If you're upset that he proves to be difficult in Battlegrounds, take the time to adjust your roster & bring in a better team.

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

If kabam wanted us not to use herc, they would've put some nodes which limits his performance. Same as what they've done with quake.

Instead they gave us champion switch nodes which promotes using Herc
    They know what they are doing
    People are just making mountain of a mole
    The terget should be revive nerf situation, not a champion that can't solve anything
  • Primal_RaptorPrimal_Raptor Posts: 1
    edited March 2023
    I say they should nerf him. Kabam knew he was going to be OP when they put him out and now they're whining about revive farming because of him. They knew this was going to happen and now they're attacking our resources just because they down want to disappoint players by nerfing him directly.

For the betterment of the game, he needs to be nerfed because he's thrown the game out of balance. He may not counter everything but people find a way to counter whatever's supposed to counter him anyways or just use that one champion that can clear said node and then go back to using him. He's literally become the players handicap champ and it's really a shame.

Kabam just nerf the dude and stop attacking our resources. Y'all did it to Namor, Scarlet Witch, Thor, and Doctor Strange, why not do it to him too? A lot of players keep complaining about it they nerf him then they'll "quit the game". Please. If they were going to quit then they would've done it a long time ago ecspecially with the ton of bugs going on not only in general questing but Battlegrounds too.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★

I say they should nerf him. Kabam knew he was going to be OP when they put him out and now they're whining about revive farming because of him. They knew this was going to happen and now they're attacking our resources just because they down want to disappoint players by nerfing him directly.

For the betterment of the game, he needs to be nerfed because he's thrown the game out of balance. He may not counter everything but people find a way to counter whatever's supposed to counter him anyways or just use that one champion that can clear said node and then go back to using him. He's literally become the players handicap champ and it's really a shame.

Kabam just nerf the dude and stop attacking our resources. Y'all did it to Namor, Scarlet Witch, Thor, and Doctor Strange, why not do it to him too? A lot of players keep complaining about it they nerf him then they'll "quit the game". Please. If they were going to quit then they would've done it a long time ago ecspecially with the **** ton of bugs going on not only in general questing but Battlegrounds too.

The same argument could be made against other champs that Summoners relied heavily on. Champs like Quake, Corvus, Aegon, Magik, Blade ect. These were the equivalent to Hercules back in the day due to their novelty but over time, their popularity declined.

Your argument is predicated on the idea that Kabam's decision to remove the farming option, is a result of Hercule's kit. This is speculation at best and you're advocating for a change that affects many, on the off chance this may have something to do with Kabam's short sighted decision.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t bet that Kabam will nerf Hercules.
    The backlash would be much more than the revive nerf situation.
    Probably Hercules is gonna have the Quake treatment, in order to gradually get his potential uses reduced.
    I don’t expect him to be available as a 7* for a long time, like Quake who never made it to the 6* pool.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Cancel culture has no place in this game. Herc is here to stay. Stop directing your anger to a champ because game mgmt made a change to revive farming. Anyone who thinks nerfing Herc will improve anything is delusional.

Doing so would make the revives farming issue a pimple on the ass of an ant because the community would be mega pissed off if Herc was nerfed. Kabam might be many things but they aren’t that stupid to nerf Herc.

Ps wait until Gladiator hits the game…Herc will look like small beer then.
  • No one is nerfing herc but are suggesting it due to the changes. Your arguments don’t really touch on the reason people have suggested nerfing herc as it isn’t a defensive issue it’s his offensive abilities. Herc is broken, this is widely agreed upon. People do choose not to use him for stuff, however he has become the new #quakeit
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★

No one is nerfing herc but are suggesting it due to the changes. Your arguments don’t really touch on the reason people have suggested nerfing herc as it isn’t a defensive issue it’s his offensive abilities. Herc is broken, this is widely agreed upon. People do choose not to use him for stuff, however he has become the new #quakeit

What exactly makes him broken offensively? He's a ramp up champ that has damage equal or slightly above CGR, Sasquatch and Sunspot. Longshot can one shot cosmics with buffs and Doom has some of the best utility in the game that makes him a very difficult defender.

My point is that there's nothing that Herc has, that stands out from other champions who can dish out that level of damage.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    I have a Hercules 6* R4 duplicate and a Ghost 6* R3 duplicate.
    And these two together with Quake break the game, if I were kabam, I would increase the immortality time from 9 to 12 seconds, removing the immortality pause when attacking the opponent, I can go from 9 seconds to about 30 seconds of immortality, spending like 30 seconds hitting the opponent while unblockable, is broken. And Ghost I would put a limit on passive furies, only being able to gain a passive fury with a 3 second cooldown. And the Quake that I also have 5* R5 duplicate is having a nerf to have the 6* version of it, without the nerf the 6* Quake would be the champion that would most break the game.
    Then there are always some whiners saying "you want to nerf because you don't have these champions", I do and I use them a lot, except Quake because it's 5* and I hate its gameplay.
    Whiners can disagree all they want, I want the game to last for many, many years, I've been playing since May 2015 and with broken champions doing almost everything, the game may last less.
  • Old_Man_LimnosOld_Man_Limnos Posts: 60
    Suggestive thinking can backfire. Don’t post ideas about nerfing/not nerfing champs until it’s mentioned by our overlords.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 310 ★★★

Suggestive thinking can backfire. Don’t post ideas about nerfing/not nerfing champs until it’s mentioned by our overlords.

Everyone is talking nerf or no nerf, but how about a buff? Every time we win a fight using Herc and don't use his immortality, we get a l1 revive added to our stash? This will solve everyone's complaints :)
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Chuck an ability accuracy decrease global node and Herc is nerfed in content, and if Kabam really see him as a problem I bet that’s what happens with 8.2 or 8.3 or whatever we’re on
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Etm34 said:

Chuck an ability accuracy decrease global node and Herc is nerfed in content, and if Kabam really see him as a problem I bet that’s what happens with 8.2 or 8.3 or whatever we’re on

It doesn’t even need to have an ability accuracy decrease global node because that would affect other champs too.
    A “God tagged champions suffer -100% immortality buff duration” global node would restrict players from using him, if the developers want to prevent players using him in future content.
    It ain’t that hard.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    WhoDaPoo said:

Everyone is talking nerf or no nerf, but how about a buff? Every time we win a fight using Herc and don't use his immortality, we get a l1 revive added to our stash? This will solve everyone's complaints :)
    RttL be like
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Kabaam will still release a champion more broken than Hercules mark my words.