**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Modders are Bragging!

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Dave7099 said:

THE_MISO said:

First off, this guy is more than likely lying to cause outrage. Abraham Lincoln once said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet". This is as true today as it was then.

Secondly, more often than not, people who are multiple offenders will get hit for all of these offenses, even if they haven't yet. We've only done 1 or 2 waves of Bans for Incursions so far. This is not a "one-and-done" situation. They may also not have been caught in ban waves for the other offences yet.

IF for some reason we find evidence that this guy is telling the truth, AND he hasn't been hit with a permanent ban, I can promise you. we'll ban him so hard his Children will get banned.

If you ( KABAM ) catch someone cheating why only a 7 day ban ??? That’s the problem @Kabam Miike i don’t normally believe everything I read but clearly that’s a big problem ban the accounts permanently a 1 strike policy
    This has been answered many times before, but a 1 strike policy does not help rehabilitate players to come back as responsible players that play the game legitimately. We don't want to kick players out of the game permanently and hope instead that we can show players that Modding is not allowed and that if they want to play the game, they have to do it like everybody else. If they don't want to play legitimately... Then they can go play something else.

Modders are taking wins from actual honest players and making for a worse playing experience for everyone. With how big of a problem this is, why do they get 2nd and 3rd chances?
    Y'all are way over reacting here. The statement about taking harder stance against those who mod for incursions and BGs is separate from what he's talking about here. They are still going to permanently ban the people they said they would be there are lesser penalties for modding or 3rd party software infractions for things that only affect solo modes.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Dave7099 said:

THE_MISO said:

First off, this guy is more than likely lying to cause outrage. Abraham Lincoln once said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet". This is as true today as it was then.

Secondly, more often than not, people who are multiple offenders will get hit for all of these offenses, even if they haven't yet. We've only done 1 or 2 waves of Bans for Incursions so far. This is not a "one-and-done" situation. They may also not have been caught in ban waves for the other offences yet.

IF for some reason we find evidence that this guy is telling the truth, AND he hasn't been hit with a permanent ban, I can promise you. we'll ban him so hard his Children will get banned.

If you ( KABAM ) catch someone cheating why only a 7 day ban ??? That’s the problem @Kabam Miike i don’t normally believe everything I read but clearly that’s a big problem ban the accounts permanently a 1 strike policy
    This has been answered many times before, but a 1 strike policy does not help rehabilitate players to come back as responsible players that play the game legitimately. We don't want to kick players out of the game permanently and hope instead that we can show players that Modding is not allowed and that if they want to play the game, they have to do it like everybody else. If they don't want to play legitimately... Then they can go play something else.

Modders are taking wins from actual honest players and making for a worse playing experience for everyone. With how big of a problem this is, why do they get 2nd and 3rd chances?
    Y'all are way over reacting here. The statement about taking harder stance against those who mod for incursions and BGs is separate from what he's talking about here. They are still going to permanently ban the people they said they would be there are lesser penalties for modding or 3rd party software infractions for things that only affect solo modes.
    Oh so the massive rewards from solo mode like an R5 gem from EoP .. are modded.. yet they get a lesser punishment?...
    Get caught in BG, Incursion, other is all the same..
    I remember when Kabams excuse for everything was.. "to keep a balance"... How does a 7 day ban and the "supposed removal of rewards" keep the so called balance...
    I understand the stance from Kabam.. of not permanently punishing a 1st offense for a "NEW" player... But someone with years should know better..
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    I’ve got to think that statement in KT1’s chat is an out and out falsehood, but…

…it’s the “truthiness” of it that ought to sting a little for the game team.

Dr. Zola
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

If people have been caught modding and Kabam only wants to implement a 7 day ban, this should be coupled with all rewards stripped from that content, if crystals have been opened and champions gained and ranked, delete the champions from there account. Delete any rank up resources gained from their account.

I think most MCOC players would be fine with a 1 week ban if all of the ill-gotten rewards were stripped from the account. If that means taking more than what was earned e.g. they already had a 6* Rank 4 Herc but took him to rank 5 by Modding Carinas EOP just delete Herc from the account. They can re-earn Herc and rank up through legitimate playing like everyone else.

Robbing a bank and going to prison for a week but keeping the stolen money is not fair on everyone else who lives there lives as law abiding citizens. You want to rehabilitate the robber and not throw them in prison for life, that’s fine but they can’t be allowed to keep the stolen goods.

No, I would expect a Ban from such content from now on too, meaning lock them out of BGs, Special Quests.. limit them from now on to story, EQ, and SQ
  • KingLotusKingLotus Posts: 77
    I don’t understand why is so hard to encrypt the data game , just some line here and there and done with modders , even in youtube they show us how to hack the game , how to decompres the archive how to edit and bla bla , but really? So much money is winning this game and they are unable to pay a secure platform? Come on this is allready a cheap joke :) for exemple today i saw something intresting in bg the disconnect is not caused by some bug its because of modders they just do something and you get disconnected :) luckly i can’t express myself in here how i fell sometimes
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★

THE_MISO said:

I agree with Kabam Mike.
    1 strike is too hard. Maybe 2 or at most, 3, strike but definitely not more than 3. When I first started this game loooooooong ago, I didn't know about this forum and what was and wasn't allowed. I never used any 3rd party app but I can see where someone makes a legit mistake.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

I can understand a 7 day ban for a first time offender but if that first time offender has run through large pieces of content then no, they should be banned for good. Why should some modded account get to keep and use those rewards?

Exactly that's the thing. What's the use of banning them temporarily. Moreover these people clear large chunk of contents, open big rewards.

If Kabam really wants to punish the cheaters then take away all the reward they got that particular month by clearing large contents by cheating.
    Who says they don't remove the rewards and resources? As far as I'm aware, they have taken the rewards along with the titles.
  • Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 215

I can promise you. we'll ban him so hard his Children will get banned.

That quote 👌😂
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 263 ★★★

Abraham Lincoln once said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet". This is as true today as it was then.

So wait, there aren't hundreds of hot women dying to meet me in my city.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,539 ★★★★★

THE_MISO said:

I mean hopefully it will be more than 7 days and keeping the plunder otherwise I don’t think the hair on their knuckles will feel that ban let alone their kids.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    If kabam wants to ban them for 7 days at first then the only way that would be justified in the current state of the game would be to take away all the rewards they earned illegitimately…with pvp being a major part of the game now,any gains made by 1 person using mods will impact others when they face him in bgs
  • Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    Get them the 7 days ban and for 1 year. just disable all the monthly challenges and eop abyss etc. Only let them play in a controlled manner act 1 thru 6 no aq and aw no arena no BG also . And put some sort of distinctive mark on their profile that they can't never change. and i know is easier to ban them completely but is easier too send them to a server that don't have all i just described. After the year has passed if they haven't logged in in certain amount of time their account get deleted
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★

I got warned by Forum Bid Daddy apoc.

"Why not reset the progression of the cought cheaters. Then it'll be a real test if they want to cheat again or not.

At this point many don't cheat again.
    -His legends title is still there.
    -He got AG from incursions.
    -He got shards and other resources which he does not deserve.
    -He gets exponential progression

Anyone who will fight his champs has a disadvantage, why? Cuz he did not get his roster/progression legitimately.

Progression reset and stripping away the rewards is a must.

Everyone will be fine if kabam Don't ban them permanently.
    Second chances, sure.

But how can you justify this unfair advantage?

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed, because the cheaters have increased as they are getting everything they wanted and alredy expect a 7 day ban.

Just one thing is asked here.
    Strip away the illegitimate rewards
    Hard reset the progression."

Talk about keep your enemies close, the cheaters are the only enemy of the game.
    I'm out!!

Took the words right out my mouth and of the few posts/suggestions I have put out

I understand the whole repenting idea. But, accounts should never be able to keep modded rewards. Rankups and whatever rewards were used up should also be reset. If none of this is possible, I think it’s fair to say the account should be permanently banned. And a possible content lock out for set number of days(6months to a year, a non-negotiable given the fact they broke ToS once) If they really repent, those high end content can surely wait while they finish up lower content first

Honestly hope these are changes the game team are talking about. At least based on the latest dev diary posted
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    we are almost on week 4 of this month's sq but I still see a lot of legend modders who did it on week 1 of the sq.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    So does each piece of content count as a violation of the tos or is it each time you are caught modding?

For example if a player downloaded a mod and used it to run eop, gauntlet, all carina's challenges, abyss and labyrinth. Would it constitute 1 violation and a single 7 day ban? Just confused on how the escalation process works.