**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Have recent problems impacted your spending in the game?

JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 171 ★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
Let's say over a period of 1 year/1.5 years with: the inputs issues, the modders, some nerfs, some bugged contents, now the revive farming nerf etc...

I'm curious to know if all these issues have impacted the way you were spending in the game? And if you feel like it I would be glad if you could explain why :)

Personally, playing for now 4 years, I have gradually stopped buying offers. And since 3 months I have even stopped buying the sigil, I don't really see the point anymore and I'm having more pleasure with others games currently even if I play mcoc daily.

Have recent problems impacted your spending in the game? 155 votes

I'm spending more than before
1%
Keonexjohnlaw3742Halpy 3 votes
I'm spending equally
8%
Eb0ny-O-M4wMhd20034RockyshockyBAStrongEwell65SSS69Giantwalrus56FerahgoItsyaboyStephy05GrassKnucklesChiefhobTHE_MISObigger_daddyCerti 13 votes
I'm spending less
18%
BigPoppaCBONEJinxesaxeGK_23UnyonfaceCropDusterGodrohrp01arispseudosanembraceTedthebellhopKappa2gSbkruebSarvanga1_WhoDaPooSkydad23BocksaroxGinjabredMonstaArifuteraTrapKill66MasterzxPro 29 votes
I'm spending significantly less if not zero
70%
MasterSmokeSnakeEyes69DrZolaGrandOldKaiTrakazFabiusBRbuffajrNoodes_PatallacTheVyrusSmokely7BosleyNoıreVergeman78SeptristicdlgmbgtDarth_Stewiefrodo2377Taiphoon_zeroGmonkey 110 votes

Comments

• JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 171 ★★
    It would be interesting to have a look at Kabam's figure. Though it might probably be the same - if not better - profits because the game is getting more popular every year.
    Which probably is one of the reason why they don't take so much actions to make old-time players more happy, they don't see the financial consequences of it unfortunately.
  • ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 63
    Jeancrb said:

Let's say over a period of 1 year/1.5 years with: the inputs issues, the modders, some nerfs, some bugged contents, now the revive farming nerf etc...

I'm curious to know if all these issues have impacted the way you were spending in the game? And if you feel like it I would be glad if you could explain why :)

Personally, playing for now 4 years, I have gradually stopped buying offers. And since 3 months I have even stopped buying the sigil, I don't really see the point anymore and I'm having more pleasure with others games currently even if I play mcoc daily.

On 4 July i will by nothing at all
    Because of there a lot of bags lags and e.t.c no more money from me
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    I'm spending equally
    I am ftp sooo…
    Mhd20034 said:

I am ftp sooo…

I never spent so ...

Omg yes sorry I realized like 2 minutes after posting that I forgot the ftp option :smiley:

I haven’t spent a dollar since last December, until a moment of weakness and frustration broke me down last week. Desperate to collect some stupid title, I bought a unit pack thinking that I would be able to unit-man my way through an incursions boss fight that was proving to be just a little beyond my skill level. It was a reasonable expectation based upon my previous similar and successful experiences with higher level content. However, after running through half the units with negative results I realized it was a completely futile task. The combination of mind-reading AI with god nodes and game input issues was something I could not overcome.

Sure, some of the issue is related to my skill ceiling but I believe that much more of the issue involves the tweaked AI or bugs or whatever kabam is calling it at the moment. Even if the issue is 99% skill based, the fact that the game has so many bugs right now makes it impossible for us to make that determination and impossible for kabam to make that argument.

After this experience I have not just accepted all of this as the status quo now but I am actually grateful for getting suckered out of my hard earned money. Kabam’s inaction on gameplay quality issues that are most important to the MCOC community and their misguided focus on trivial revive farming is beyond tone deafness. This perceived indifference to the community outcry has fully cured me of my already severely waning spending habit on this game.

I will not be throwing anymore of my money into a bad gaming experience. Thank you kabam.

Thank you! It perfectly resume my thoughts!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,984 ★★★★★
    I have dramatically reduced my spending, but not because of bugs or anything of that nature. I just don’t see the appeal anymore.

R3 champions are all you need to clear every piece of content in this game, and I have more of them than I could possibly need. I just don’t feel the need to get my champs powered up because there’s nothing that I’m sitting at and thinking like “if only I had a bigger healthpool to work with, I could get this fight down.”

I just don’t see any reason to spend on rankup materials to R4 and R5 champions who can do it all already at R3. And this isn’t tied to the abundance of revives because I’m doing the vast majority of content (outside of Everest content like Carina’s Challenges) either completely or nearly itemless. During the weekly rotating EOPs, I would redo them until I got the one shot most of the time.

At the top end, I have almost every champion I could want and I have them ranked up to a level sufficient for all existing content. What am I supposed to be chasing? That’s why I’ve stopped spending. Nothing worth buying.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I'm spending less
    Catmanndo said:

Not even those Sunday $5 paragon deals will open my wallet.
    I think the best days of mcoc are behind us.

Those are the only good deals. They will get you more 6* than a modder can get by cheating and completing content.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Jeancrb said:

Yup, Sigil expiring, not gonna renew, not gonna spend anything come spring deals/July 4th/Cyberwhatever /
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Feels like deja vu commenting in this thread…

Spending less. Playing less. In-app purchases disabled.

Why? Failure of the team to address controls issues and bugs/cheating in BGs.

Dr. Zola
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,045 ★★★★
    No point in spending money on a broken game.

Until my champion can dash back against a lengthy defender heavy hold instead of just standing there, the way it worked 80-90% of the time for literal years in the past, I'm not going to spend any money.