**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Do You Beat Mordo?

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
My play style is built around block and parry, and that just gets me killed fast by Mordo. He's unique, no other champ plays like him. How do you beat him (other than revives)?

Comments

• spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I just sit there and hold block. He will throw a heavy or a special (if he has one). Evade that, and counter. You can usually disrupt his power gain this way too. I haven't quite mastered it yet, but I've gotten a lot better at fighting Mordo with this strategy. You take block damage, but it's not a big deal.
  • RafaelRafael Posts: 7
    Keep blocking, when Mordo uses his heavy, evade and dash fw. Bait his L1/L2 and attack after his special move. If you corner him, he'll use heavies and specials more often (and you can hit a heavy when he's in power gain). If you stun him, just ignore and keep blocking (or use a special or, if you time it correctly, hit a heavy just when the stun timer finishes). He's not that hard to beat, even his L3 doesn't do much damage. Let's see in AW with tons of 5* Mordos ("coincidentally" I'm seeing lots and lots of people getting him in 5*)
  • WearemanyWearemany Posts: 47
    Drax final answer
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Truthfully, it sounds like none of you know how to fight mordo after reading the comments...Drax is the only actual solution given and that's not even learning how to fight him, that's just using the one champ that can fight him normally.

Widen your skillset past block and parry, learn how to evade. You need to learn how to do it for various things in the game anyway unless you never intend on getting better. Evade is a very important part of the game in many many situations rather than just taking unnecessary damage from holding block.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Hit twice while he blocks evade and then intercept. It might take a few tries to get him to rush you and don't use that method once he has a power bar full. He does cooperate best when he is not in power gain mode. Once he has a power bar full do the same but instead of intercept get ready to evade his l1 or l2. I will sneak in a parry then wait to attack until the spilt second stun ends but only in story quest or arena. In aw the attack is jacked up so high it is not worth the risk.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    JSnook wrote: »
    Drax.

The best way to feed MD for mordo from drax's furies.
  • Mike_BMike_B Posts: 33
    You forgott dubli Falcon of you put the Redwing Ready buff onhim you can Parry and hit him without getting the debuff on you
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Iceman
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Exactly what Spumington said, sit there and block until he throws a heavy attack, evade it and start blasting him. He's easy peasy with that strategy
    I posted drax a quick simple solution for someone posting about how to beat a champion. Without having to teach the mechanics of evade/intercept in text. If that was a disappointing response. Get over it!
    Not a very good solution if you don't have Drax or you don't use Drax in AW and you run into a Mordo.
    If someone asked how to beat a basic champ. They most likely don't have the mastery or skill yet to be able to evade/intercept. Maybe stopped being self absorbed and ignorant. Not everyone can be 300k rating. We all started at the bottom maybe try to help people instead of sounding like an ass is all I'm saying.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I use the blocking strategy in tier 2 of AW, and it works fine. The block damage isn't near as high as I expected it to be, and it's a simple strategy that works. Use a regen champ, and you'll get all of that block damage back.

It may or may not be the best solution, but it's the best solution for me. If the OP gets a few suggestions, he can figure out what works best for him. It's not a contest.
    I gave him a strategy that he can use if he doesn't have Drax. I don't know how that counts as self absorbed and ignorant.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I also agree with what spumington said. Other than that I try to time my combos so that his power gain will trigger in the middle of one meaning that it's instantly cancelled out by my next hit. And yeah he doesn't seem to care if you use a heavy when his power gain is active either so there's always that if it doesn't work out. Even on a miniboss node his sp3 only does around 2k damage at r4/r5 usually. The X-23 heavy doesn't always work for me though, sometimes it hits and other times it doesn't. Usually better if I wait a second to move forward a bit but I generally don't take the risk.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Wearemany wrote: »
    I posted drax a quick simple solution for someone posting about how to beat a champion. Without having to teach the mechanics of evade/intercept in text. If that was a disappointing response. Get over it!

Are you seriously complaining about the fact that other people are posting alternate suggestions to "just use Drax?"
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    For some reason I have my best luck against him with CA WW2 but I tend to fight him the same regardless. There's some good advice here. I tend to hit him while blocking to back him up. Lots of baiting and heavies too. PRACTICE! Use your duels. The more you fight him the better you'll get. Good luck
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    My play style is built around block and parry, and that just gets me killed fast by Mordo. He's unique, no other champ plays like him. How do you beat him (other than revives)?

Heavy attack at him while he is defending

If he gets stunned, don't ever attack him
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    You got 3 options:

-After you parry him, charge up your heavy attack. A split second before the parry expires, let it rip. It should connect just as the parry stun runs out.

-If you have X23 or Elektra (maybe others too), launch your heavy right after you parry him. He can't astral evade the flip style heavy attacks.

-If your SP1 or SP2 is ready, just parry him and let the special rip. He can't evade specials either.

Option 1 - you don't have to heavy attack. I actually would recommend a basic/light attack because it's quicker to connect. I use the parry/timer management routinely against more I with great success. Generally you only need it once or twice in a fight. After that, just bait l1 or l2 and counter.

Best of luck!
  • BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Well Mordo is the best pain in the ass now a days for me. As my best champs are Hulk, Gambit and Ultron. All got same strength Stun. And my personal strength Parry. But Mordo literally stoll my stranght. But i just modified a bit for him. Dont hit when i Parry him, wait to fade it. Usually give SA2 of gambit, after sa of Hulk wait again, not too many prob with ultron. So it really became simple for me, just wait a bit longer.
    But actually this is not the real prob with Mordo, the real prob is his Power gain. Fortunately his SA arent that much devastating like Hulk or Electra or Hyperion.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    edited June 2017
    Agree with @Grinder above,
    - Widen your skillset away from parry.
    - Learn to intercept
    - Use his powergain to your advantage so you don't even need to parry.
    - Use slow combos so they will last into when he gets his next power gain so your hit cancels it
    - when he is in powergain he will keep powergaining if you don't hold block or any controls, you will start walking towards him which forces him into corner so you can heavy attack.

Map5 Mordo - Without MD can be taken down with a 2* SL eg:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oJxxbMiFxI4&t=147s
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Quake :)

With Quake I literally try to win vs him with 0 hits. Just hold block the entire fight and you will win.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I use iceman myself against evade champs. I love hearing the hate from alliances as I mow down mordo and NC with ease on tier 1/2
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I use iceman myself against evade champs. I love hearing the hate from alliances as I mow down mordo and NC with ease on tier 1/2

Iceman is awesome. Then there's the immunity node...ugh..lol