Zone 2 safe unsolvable

AustinU823AustinU823 Member Posts: 84 ★★
I had time on my hands while watching a show and tried every possible combination for the hints we have so far, knowing the code is 2 __ 8 and none of them unlocked the safe. I’m assuming the safes will only be crackable one week at a time, just in case you try to waste your time solving it now

Comments

• Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    well... people opened the infinity crysteal 10K times... so... I suppose you might find people.

Or just wait a few days.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,913 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I hadn't considered this.
    With enough organization and planning... an alliance could brute force the combination for the second safe without finishing any of the objectives...

Challenge extended.

Brute forcing will be much more difficult using the fake clues from zone 1 as part of their solution 😆
  • Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Member Posts: 140
    I'm going to assume, by the response format of the OP, that the OP did not account for the fact that numbers could possibly be reused in the combinations. See my previous comment for a list of all possibilities containing 2 and 8
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

Therefore, there are 4,096 possible 4-number combinations with repetition allowed and the order matters that include the numbers 1 through 8.

Would a combination lock going from 1111 to 8888 not have more than 4,096 possible combos??

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

I'm going to assume, by the response format of the OP, that the OP did not account for the fact that numbers could possibly be reused in the combinations. See my previous comment for a list of all possibilities containing 2 and 8

Btw, aside from EVERYTHING else wrong with your inital comment, the combination is from 0 to 9. I don't know why you think it'd only go from 1 to 8 but that's not the case. So yeah 10K total combinations seems about right
  • Nash_GTXNash_GTX Member Posts: 3

The 2 and 8 are false clues, they are labeled as Zone 1 as well, not Zone 2 clues. The next set of clues will be available next week. You would have to guess all 4 digits of the code.

I have tried this and can confirm that 2 and 8 are not a part of the next set of clues. Ran all possibilities that start with 2 and end with 8.
  • CassyCassy Member Posts: 1,078 ★★★
    3174 xxxx xxxx
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

is it only math?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,798 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

3174 xxxx xxxx
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

is it only math?

There’s 26 letters in the alphabet and 10 numbers from 0 to 9. I don’t see that being a correlation.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    Their comment from another place..
    Cassy said:

When you divide all codes with prime Numbers it spells:
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

Still trying to figure out what that means ?

Dividing by various Primes to get different single digit results each between 2 and 9 for each digit's place, then translating that to alphabet based on numeric keypad on phone (2 is either abc, 3 is def, etc), then doing a puzzle to figure out what words can be made from each of the place's 3 character options.

—OR—
    How about taking the codes (1st being 3174) and splitting them apart.
    Using each 2 digit number (31 and 74) as a lookup into ASCII code table to see what character they translate into.
    And in the end you’ll have a 6 character word.
    Could maybe spell out SPIDEY (as an example).
    So just work backwards, what is ASCII code for I and D, and then week after for E and Y.
    You’d have to account for them using some initial offset into the table though.
    And even if you select the Offset used so that 31 corresponds to Capital “S”, then lower case “p” is only 29 places away, not 43 (74 minus 31).

About as confusing as that Prime Number MEAN DTHE BOYS
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 358 ★★★
    Wait a second…there are three safes, there are 6 clues per safe, that’s 18 clues total, divide by the six total fake clues and we get three, HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

3174 xxxx xxxx
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

is it only math?

Me and the boys

• SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    Bugmat78 said:

Cassy said:

3174 xxxx xxxx
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

is it only math?

Me and the boys

So... Which are the numbers?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

Bugmat78 said:

Cassy said:

3174 xxxx xxxx
    MEAN DTHE BOYS

is it only math?

Me and the boys

So... Which are the numbers?
    I'd like to know myself. Don't know how @Cassy came up with that decoding
  • Lennon123Lennon123 Member Posts: 40
    Oh god what I am reading about?
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Why am I seeing so much chatgpt in the forums…