**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So now a possible delay in 5.4 dropping?

We in the mcoc community have been waiting for this chp 4 to arrive for sometime to rank up some of our champs for over a year. This extensive testing thats has been said has been done thoroughly by the words your moderators. You tell us this 12 hours before 5.4 os about to drop. We have been asking and pleading to fix or change your severs for months now. Constant emergency maintenance.
Alot of us top tier players changed our schedules in life and in game to finish this content exclusively. Yes get a life said by some players. I understand Alot dont care for the delay. Why wait now right before the content is supposed to be released. When events and arenas are announced they're expected to be finished products.

Why dont doesnt this follow through with protocol. You dont buy a 3/4 finished car. When a game comes out for a console it isnt half way done when it hits the store or digital download. If your having trouble finishing content dont give us a release date then change it hours before release. Pls fix or get new servers or get a new game engine. We changed maps and wars priorities for this content. Sincerely uncollected

Comments

• KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I agree... But at least they being honest this time. If they are not ready to put out a finish product. Then, you know the community will chew them out. I planned my afternoon for this tomorrow... But dude... there is still other enjoyable things I can do tomorrow. So... I want to say something good about Kabam this month... They doing the best they can. Nobody is perfect... And we should be happy we got a game like this to play. We all big fans... So let's appreciate it and everyone take a chill pill...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    It would be much worse if it drops and there are server issues right after. It's prudent to make sure things are sorted first.
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    edited December 2017
    I understand what your saying @Kingyakoopa but the time frame is what is upsetting
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    edited December 2017
    So why worry about this now? None of your other content gets delayed due to server issues? You just release and deal with the issues after the fact. This all Sounds fishy to me.

And what about all the items that were purchased that would now potentially be expired by the time this is release?

I don’t buy this delay due to server ****. You’ve never worried about it before.

@kabam
  • GangsterSauceGangsterSauce Posts: 63
    edited December 2017
    It would be much worse if it drops and there are server issues right after. It's prudent to make sure things are sorted first.

prudent to make sure things are sorted first but not new champions before releasing them amirite.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Born wrote: »
    So why worry about this now? None of your other content gets delayed due to server issues? You just release and deal with the issues after the fact. This all Sounds fishy to me.

And what about all the items that were purchased that would now potentially be expired by the time this is release?

I don’t buy this delay due to server ****. You’ve never worried about it before.

@Born, very good point about items stock up in the stash but may not be used in time and may potentially expire

prudent to make sure things are sorted first but not new champions before releasing them amirite.

Totally different wheelhouses.
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    I started to build my stash 13 days ago prepping for this and now it’s all gonna expire
  • It would be much worse if it drops and there are server issues right after. It's prudent to make sure things are sorted first.

now you're just cherry picking.

Not at all. Huge difference between possible issues with New Champs being released, and making sure the server doesn't **** out completely during a rush from a major release.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I think the bottom line here is that they knew they were releasing 5.4 tomorrow, they should have been prepping the servers for weeks now... there's no reason for this to be happening, it should have been delt with before we even noticed server issues.

Not at all. Huge difference between possible issues with New Champs being released, and making sure the server doesn't **** out completely during a rush from a major release.

You really think this recent server drop has cause them to all of a sudden say, hmmm maybe we need to get our servers in order before we drop chapter 4? And less than 12 hours before it is due to be released? Common man, these server issues have been part of the game for a long time now. It makes no sense for them to all of a sudden say it isn’t good enough for the release of chapter 4, 12 hours before it is supposed to happen.

The game will go down, no doubt about it. Nothing they will do before the release will prevent it. It goes down multiple times every week even without heavy loading.
  • Well we want them to do it right. I agree with it. i actually wish they would shut the game down for a day or two. I think it's whats needed to fix alot of the issues. So for them to admit it, is a good thing we have been asking for. More testing etc.

You really think this recent server drop has cause them to all of a sudden say, hmmm maybe we need to get our servers in order before we drop chapter 4? And less than 12 hours before it is due to be released? Common man, these server issues have been part of the game for a long time now. It makes no sense for them to all of a sudden say it isn’t good enough for the release of chapter 4, 12 hours before it is supposed to happen.

The game will go down, no doubt about it. Nothing they will do before the release will prevent it. It goes down multiple times every week even without heavy loading.

Yes. I do think. They have Legends Runs starting with its release, and a good number of people chomping at the bit to get the Resources that come. Delaying it so they can make sure the server is sorted is exactly what I think.
    It makes all the sense in the world when there was a large issue with it the day before.

Yes. I do think. They have Legends Runs starting with its release, and a good number of people chomping at the bit to get the Resources that come. Delaying it so they can make sure the server is sorted is exactly what I think.

They deleted my last post. But anyway, people who do legends runs know not to attempt a run when the content is first released. Not only is it the time when the game is most likely to go down, it is also before all the possible bugs are found and sorted. With that being said, it has never stopped them from releasing content before, so why now?

People are always on here complaining about servers dropping out when they are attempting a run, yet each month they still release them on schedule.... and to add to that they have said numerous times that server down time will not be calculated into a legends run....

They have know about their server issues for a long time now, makes no sense for them to decide to do something about it 12 hours before chapter 4 is released. They have shown no sympathy in the past.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Calm down people don't feed into them its what fuels this laziness they have for the game take for example other mobile games that have actual "talks" with players like live streams and Video Documents. Examples: Vainglory, Supercell, gameloft, and etc.
    This is bordering on conspiracy, and it's obvious you feel a certain way, so I'm going to say this and move on.
    Server crashes are not planned. They happen. If there are signs that an issue may arise, like a crash the day before, it makes complete sense to sort things out first. When an issue arises after it's already begun, that becomes a different scenario where they have to address it while the Run has already started. One is preemptive, and the other is a response to something. If they can stop things from happening, they usually do. That doesn't mean it's an infallible system.
    That's about all I have to say.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156

100% chance there are bug server issues whenever they get around to dropping 5.4. Nothing this company has done in three years of running this game should engender any confidence in their ability to keep the servers running.

Anyone going for a legend run on day one is an idiot.
    Their servers go down multiple times each week even without them being heavy loaded. Been doing that for a long time. They have never once said, sorry guys we are not happy with our servers, we won’t be releasing this or that content until they are fixed.

And if they do indeed delay this content for that reason, then we can expect 100% stability from here on out? I’ll beleive that when I see it lol
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    edited December 2017
    As in right now the game went down twice today. Second time being right this moment. Goes hand in hand with me saying they need new servers.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

What? lol. So it is prudent to delay potentially bugged content but not potentially bugged champs? It's OK to admit that Kabam screws up some times...
    We can't complain about servers going down, and in the same thought logically argue against doing what they can to prevent it when they release 5.4.
  • Funny this doesn't even have anything to do with 5.4 not dropping later
    We can't complain about servers going down, and in the same thought logically argue against doing what they can to prevent it when they release 5.4.

Lol. I am not complaining about their servers going down, I have grown to accept it. I am however questioning it as a reason for delaying chapter 4. I don’t buy it for one second. They haven’t shown this level of concearn with any other content they release.
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    I Open all my 4h free crytals and buy the new offer at the Shop. If u Delay 5.4, stop that the items go out of the stock!!!!!!
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    If there is a delay with 5.4! How long will it be for? Will my items expire that I have bought these last few days?, I’ve spent an Odin on single revives, team revives and energy refills, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf if this is the case I want my 3k units back.

Lol. I am not complaining about their servers going down, I have grown to accept it. I am however questioning it as a reason for delaying chapter 4. I don’t buy it for one second. They haven’t shown this level of concearn with any other content they release.
    Then it is conspiracy. I'm out.
  • Stu198311 wrote: »
    If there is a delay with 5.4! How long will it be for? Will my items expire that I have bought these last few days?, I’ve spent an Odin on single revives, team revives and energy refills, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf if this is the case I want my 3k units back.

We're hoping if we have to delay it, it would be a day or two, if not only a few hours.
  • Hey Guys,

We know that this isn't ideal, and it's not something we want to do, but with the fights in the chapter being pretty difficult, and the likelihood of players Boosting up for the content, we want to make sure that the game is in peak condition when it is released.

Additionally, you're right, this isn't something we've done before, but that doesn't mean that we can't start.

I'm closing this thread down now, because it's pretty non-constructive.
This discussion has been closed.