**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Servers down [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Taskan wrote: »
    My alliance lost the war because of the maintenance. We overcome all the questions (evaluation, diversity ...). We lost because
    we finished to finish the little life that remained of a boss only. It was an hour to end our war.

4z0viptisrdd.jpg

My alliance was damaged. They provide a time of 24 hours to play the war. They can not penalize us for emergency maintenance, and we would win.

you had 24 hours to finish. Organize better and finish earlier. Don't blame the lack of organization on Kabam. Well organized teams can finish with 5+ hours left on the clock.
  • Sumo33Sumo33 Posts: 12
    All lies miike
  • Is the game still down
  • Sumo33Sumo33 Posts: 12
    U know exactly when ur taking the game down all we get is smoke
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    No denying, his team would have won if the servers didn't go.
  • I have a theory on why the servers are going down constantly.

Kabam needed to re-monetize the game because whales weren't spending enough since there was nothing more for them to do. So Kabam introduced 6* champs to get a whole new round of spending started. Not very creative and kind of boring imo, but that's what they went with. This created a situation where everyone's 4* champs will become somewhat irrelevant.

Kabam decided to make 4* shards and rank-up items for them more readily available due to the above stated future obsolescence. The direct result of this is that newcomers are building rosters quicker than ever and the pool of players playing arena has increased dramatically. This results in strain on their servers and we get lots of downtime.

Only a theory, but if it is correct, or even partially correct, Kabam needs to find a way to reduce the load on their servers by reducing the amount of time we spend grinding arenas or spend some money and increase the size of their server farm.

They need to do something soon though, because a lot of players have already left and I, myself, am always on the verge of leaving this game behind due to the constant outages. Add the constant bugs and total lack of transparency to the mix and this is more frustrating than fun.
  • MissMissyMissMissy Posts: 78
    Same issue happen to us, Kabam informed us that we had equal game time. So it was our fault waiting til the last two hours to finish our attack just like every other alliance does. 🤬
  • Nerfbat73Nerfbat73 Posts: 30
    pseudosane wrote: »
    I have a theory on why the servers are going down constantly.

Kabam needed to re-monetize the game because whales weren't spending enough since there was nothing more for them to do. So Kabam introduced 6* champs to get a whole new round of spending started. Not very creative and kind of boring imo, but that's what they went with. This created a situation where everyone's 4* champs will become somewhat irrelevant.

Kabam decided to make 4* shards and rank-up items for them more readily available due to the above stated future obsolescence. The direct result of this is that newcomers are building rosters quicker than ever and the pool of players playing arena has increased dramatically. This results in strain on their servers and we get lots of downtime.

Only a theory, but if it is correct, or even partially correct, Kabam needs to find a way to reduce the load on their servers by reducing the amount of time we spend grinding arenas or spend some money and increase the size of their server farm.

They need to do something soon though, because a lot of players have already left and I, myself, am always on the verge of leaving this game behind due to the constant outages. Add the constant bugs and total lack of transparency to the mix and this is more frustrating than fun.

You are close to being on the right track. The problem is the amount of players logging in to the server at one time. With the current offers people are logging in more and the server is overloaded. It is the reason a lot of games have multiple servers to choose from. Normally the game has been able to handle it fine. When the hamster is Last 2 months have been a different story. I think it is either a networking issue which seems the most likely or something in one of the patches is causing issues.
  • pseudosane wrote: »
    I have a theory on why the servers are going down constantly.

One problem with your theory is that it cannot simultaneously be true that the cause of the emergency maintenance is more players equating to a higher server load, and Kabam needs to do something about this because lots of players are leaving the game because of the server load. If less players leave than join that's not generally a problem mobile game operators worry about.

The bigger problem is that horizontal scaling - adding new players - is rarely the cause of server strain because MMOs like MCOC generally use instance servers. In other words, for every X players playing the game the game environment spins up another instance server for them to share, similar to map servers or shard servers in a traditional MMO. And its most likely the case that the instance servers are virtualized and they can spin up as many as necessary for the number of players that have active accounts for the game.

Its usually something else that the average player wouldn't think about, because they wouldn't be aware of it. Sometimes it is the dispatch server slowing down and bottlenecking. Sometimes you end up with a lot of zombies of sessions cluttering up the landing zones. Sometimes the back end database clogs with some weird roll up job that it can't finish quickly enough and the game slows down as a result creating problems. Every game is different, so it is impossible to completely guess what might be happening without knowing the precise architecture of the game.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Same here. UK.
  • Joe_vj76Joe_vj76 Posts: 30
    yup, again and again and again
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    Kabam Can u Pliz try to be more ative and fix the serveres.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    How many more times do we have to deal with this bs. I want no I demand compensation.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Messing up my arena
  • SkyfallNowSkyfallNow Posts: 110
    same here Indonesia telkomsel
  • DarkNemesisDarkNemesis Posts: 51
    Pretty sure this says it all you know Kabam You know!
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    Yup

x3n6wqpn0aog.png
  • same here
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    It's a daily thing now I guess
This discussion has been closed.