Update: Erroneous 'Bundle 1' for Thronebreakers in GWBB

Comments

• GrandmabunzGrandmabunz Member Posts: 21

It's crazy how y'all can't just be happy for your fellow summoners, a few people benefitting from this bug isn't going to affect you in any way. People have been spending money to get ahead since the beginning of the game

We don’t have a right to be angry that we did not exploit kabam and we got the bad end of the stick? Uhhh. Makes logical sense.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

It's crazy how y'all can't just be happy for your fellow summoners, a few people benefitting from this bug isn't going to affect you in any way. People have been spending money to get ahead since the beginning of the game

Yeah, we want to spend that money on that Bundle too, so it is fair for everybody
  • MoneyclipMoneyclip Member Posts: 9
    Jefechuta said:

Moneyclip said:

Yesterday I read through the disappointments of some players who spent money to get the bundle.

It’s very nice from Kabam to let the people keep the shards.

BUT:
    - it is nearly impossible to take the shards back from the people, because this would mean to get signature levels lower, compensate iso and many more things. So it would be anyhow nearly impossible regarding the effort for Kabam would have to put into this topic.
    - The people who bought packages to spend them for these amazing offer and didn’t have the chance to buy the bundle should be compensated with more bubbles or something else. Most of the people bought the bundle just because of this offer.

This would be fair in my point of view. Because all the other players wouldn’t have bought the offer anyhow because they were either saving for something else or just weren’t aware of it in the first place.

This solution would meet both interests and wouldn’t harm anyone.
    Just be aware that it was a mistake and you all can’t request to get an offer back which would change the game immediately. It would be unfair for paragon and thronebreaker players who worked hard to achieve the amount of champions they have right now and would completely change the dynamics, if anyone could get like 10 6* champs within one day.

Just think of it as an early sign up bonus and congrat the players who were able to be so fast.

You all wouldn’t blame legend titles for being fast.

The problem is that this is a bug, a bug that affected a determinated amount of people in the best way, a bug that, as you say yourself, they cant fix since it is very complicated and basically impossible since it affects Shards, Rank Up resources, Sigs and Awakening Gems, so they cant do nothing to get that Shards back, but the fact that they aint going to do anything about it is not a fix, and this is not even something just free, is something you have to pay for, so it is not that bad to enable that Bundle again for the rest of the players, both TB and Paragon, so people can pay for that bundle the same way that "small" amount of players did, THAT would be a fix.

What would be your solution?
    How should the make it fair for all?

If anyone would get like 100k 6*shards it would effect more than just rosters. It would effect battlegrounds, alliance wars and many more.

As it was an error we all can’t blame them for not giving the offer back to everyone. I’m also upset that I wasn’t fast enough. But it is how it is. It would just infect to much and would also make things like completing 8.2 or something else completely irrelevant for a specific time, because all the players would have more champs to rank up and get their rosters on a specific level.

It would just change the main rosters of all the players (instead of long term paragons).

Anyhow - the offers the give us these days are pretty damn good and it should help you anyhow!
    So what do you plan to do for those of us who gave you actual money and then you quickly took away the offer… what happens regarding that? You know some people spent actual cash just because they saw that offer. And you get to take away the offer, but keep the cash.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★

So what do you plan to do for those of us who gave you actual money and then you quickly took away the offer… what happens regarding that? You know some people spent actual cash just because they saw that offer. And you get to take away the offer, but keep the cash.

They have already stated in another thread to open a ticket and request a refund through them, they will refund you as long as you haven’t spent the baubles
    Lokx said:

They have already stated in another thread to open a ticket and request a refund through them, they will refund you as long as you haven’t spent the baubles
    Cool thank you must have overlooked that.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    The *only* way to make this right is to make the erroneous bundle 1 the actual real bundle.

But they won’t do that because they recognize how “dangerous” it is.

So they reward a few and punish the rest. How very Kabam.

The *only* way to make this right is to make the erroneous bundle 1 the actual real bundle.

I agree that thats too much, I think the most fair way would be to give that Bugged Bundle but instead of 10k shards, Nexus Mythics
  • ninosninos Member Posts: 44

How are they punishing you? That is SUCH an overreaction

Putting you in a disadvantage
  • Gfu55Gfu55 Member Posts: 3

This is common sense.

Kabam you need to make this right for anyone who is TB who did not exploit that offer. Can you not for once reward us honest players who don’t try to exploit your errors? Why not reward us honest players who spend real time and money and don’t try to exploit you every time you drop the ball. I’ve played for 8 years and I’m honestly at my wits end with how unfair you guys are about this stuff. This will cause imbalance in war and BG. More people got it than you’re letting on. But since the issue is too hard to fix, reward the rest of us who actually did not exploit your bug. Be fair. For once. I get mistakes happen, but I do expect the resolution to be fair for everyone. And this is not.

We deserve fairness. Negative shards or compensation for the rest of players (not just tb) are fair solutions. Doing nothing isn’t.
    I prefer the second but at least something fair. As a recent tb this could have doubled the size of my 6 star roster. It’s a massive advantage for some players at the same progression as me.

I went from being excited about this event to feeling disappointed and like I got shafted. No way I’m buying a deal to get a quarter of what others got for free.

Hopefully on Monday they will have time to come up with a better solution.

Btw first post :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    They don't owe every Player compensation because some people got extra through a glitch. It isn't a Small Claims Court. There's no pain and suffering to argue in that.

They don't owe every Player compensation because some people got extra through a glitch. It isn't a Small Claims Court. There's no pain and suffering to argue in that.

We don’t know the actual percentage of tb that took advantage of this mistake. But judging by my alliance, about a third. I think that is a significant disadvantage. But I know you like to argue with everyone so I won’t go on and on about this, just wanted to give my opinion.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

How do you know you're at a disadvantage? You don't know who got the shards. You don't know what champs were pulled, if any. You don't know if they play BG's hardcore or are casual. You don't have any information other than some people got extra shards. You may never come across any of these players period in your time. And you'll never know exactly because they are just regular accounts. You aren't at a disadvantage. It's just something you've made up in your mind to cope with this.
    Gfu55 said:

We don’t know the actual percentage of tb that took advantage of this mistake. But judging by my alliance, about a third. I think that is a significant disadvantage. But I know you like to argue with everyone so I won’t go on and on about this, just wanted to give my opinion.
    Your Alliance isn't representative of the entire Player base, though.

So you want to relive Gauntlet all over again? Remember how it was supposed to only come back for those that didn't do it etc..? How can they make your idea work without messing it up? And in what time frame? It'll take weeks to figure out who got it and how are they going to activate it for those that didn't?
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I just find it ridiculous that they can make, and allow to stand, a mistake like that based on the justification that it was only a small number of people but then don't back that up with real numbers they must have to be able to honestly make that statement. They make the periodic promises of more transparency and then more recently invoked it again with them saying they wanted to start providing us some actual numbers with things like cheaters detected and dealt with etc. Why doesn't that apply here?

It is pretty hard to trust a statement like that without real numbers being provided.
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

How do you know you're at a disadvantage? You don't know who got the shards. You don't know what champs were pulled, if any. You don't know if they play BG's hardcore or are casual. You don't have any information other than some people got extra shards. You may never come across any of these players period in your time. And you'll never know exactly because they are just regular accounts. You aren't at a disadvantage. It's just something you've made up in your mind to cope with this.
    It doesnt matter lol, 20 6* are more than 2 6*, thats disadvantage enough
    Not everyone got 20. Some only got what they had for F2p as well. Again, your FOMO is causing you to exaggerate again.
    Crine60 said:

I just find it ridiculous that they can make, and allow to stand, a mistake like that based on the justification that it was only a small number of people but then don't back that up with real numbers they must have to be able to honestly make that statement. They make the periodic promises of more transparency and then more recently invoked it again with them saying they wanted to start providing us some actual numbers with things like cheaters detected and dealt with etc. Why doesn't that apply here?

It is pretty hard to trust a statement like that without real numbers being provided.

It was open for 40 minutes, limited to the amount of people who were Thronebreaker, and online at that moment. Not hard to see how it was a small number.
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Not everyone got 20. Some only got what they had for F2p as well. Again, your FOMO is causing you to exaggerate again.
    Dude, Im talking about the chance of having X, its not hard to understand but you choose to dont, If anyone has the chance to get 20, and you dont have that chance, you can only get 2, because of a mistake, you are in disadvantage, and thats not debatable, thats just a fact
    You aren't. That's a fact. Remember, the game knows what you want according to the community and it will never give you the good champs.

Your "logic" is full of assumptions. You assume a huge mass of people got 20 6*s. You are assuming they all pulled every champ they wanted and they are all rank 4 now. You assume they are going straight to Masters in AW and going to the top of the leaderboards in BGs.

It's all assumptions. It was probably a couple hundred people given that it was only available for a very short time. It's no different than the people spending money to buy all the offers and you not being able to spend a dime.

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Dude, Im talking about the chance of having X, its not hard to understand but you choose to dont, If anyone has the chance to get 20, and you dont have that chance, you can only get 2, because of a mistake, you are in disadvantage, and thats not debatable, thats just a fact
    You aren't. That's a fact. Remember, the game knows what you want according to the community and it will never give you the good champs.

Your "logic" is full of assumptions. You assume a huge mass of people got 20 6*s. You are assuming they all pulled every champ they wanted and they are all rank 4 now. You assume they are going straight to Masters in AW and going to the top of the leaderboards in BGs.

It's all assumptions. It was probably a couple hundred people given that it was only available for a very short time. It's no different than the people spending money to buy all the offers and you not being able to spend a dime.
    It is different since the in this case the game itself does not let you do that, but it let others to do before the removal of that bundle, its not even about what they do with the shards, the fact that they could have the chance to have all dupes and you dont is disadvantage enough dude, dont look for excuses, it is not fair and thats that.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

It was open for 40 minutes, limited to the amount of people who were Thronebreaker, and online at that moment. Not hard to see how it was a small number.
    You have absolutely no idea of how many people potentially fit those criteria because Kabam didn't provide actual numbers. You can assume it was a "small" number based on that and can state for a fact that it was less than if it had been available to all progression levels but that's as far as you can go based on not being provided actual data.

Small, or whatever wording the actual post used, is a subjective term. Actual numbers are what they are without all the assumptions and guessing currently going on. If they honestly looked at all the data involved to make this determination then they should have had it readily available before making that post and should have been able to provide us with at least some of the relevant numbers.
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

It is different since the in this case the game itself does not let you do that, but it let others to do before the removal of that bundle, its not even about what they do with the shards, the fact that they could have the chance to have all dupes and you dont is disadvantage enough dude, dont look for excuses, it is not fair and thats that.
    "Could have". I'll look for excuses. It's fun poking holes in your flimsy logic.

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

"Could have". I'll look for excuses. It's fun poking holes in your flimsy logic.
    It must be fun for you lol, Im pretty calm, you are wrong and you are trying to be right when you are not, in a RNG game its all about assumptions, the chance to get something is difference enough