**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Update on the Fight Against Cheaters: May 2nd

The last few weeks have been busy for the anti-cheat program. On the Battlegrounds front, we have continued to improve our cheat detection. Thanks to our data team, we also have a brand new tool to help us in our manual review of borderline cases. This tool has helped us identify some high-ranked cheaters that had previously slipped through our other detection methods.

We also took action on the over 1800 accounts that were carried by cheaters in Incursions. These players received an escalating ban and were stripped of their Legends titles. Additionally, these players had 7* shards removed from their accounts equivalent to the maximum value of rewards they could earn completing a Threat Level 6 run (this includes both the Zone rewards and the rewards from the meta event).

Why 7* shards? Because removing the dozens of different types of rewards these players gained would have been impossible, and because almost all of them had 7* shards, there was a convenient resource that would could remove to apply the punishment. We also felt that removing one of the most coveted resources as punishment would demonstrate that we take cheating very seriously. The other option was to apply a negative Unit balance (AKA Contest Credits) to the accounts, but we have never done this before for behavior that didn't involved real money changing hands. Let this be a warning though, if you engage in breaking our Terms of Service in any way, you may find a negative Unit balance in your account in the future.

We do anticipate one more ban wave related to some borderline cases for Incursions cheating. In the meantime, to those of you who received a temporary ban, your accounts have been flagged and a lower threshold of evidence will be used to ban you again in the future. If you would like to continue playing our game, it's time to become upstanding citizens of the Battlerealm.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    This is the best news I've seen in a long time! Thanks for keeping up the good fight
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 198 ★★
    Well done Kabam, glad that progress is being made in this direction.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Good work. Sucks you have to devote so much energy into stopping cheaters, but that's the world we live in.
  • Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 215
    So there’ll be Another ban wave!
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 207
    Finally , thank you ! Please keep it up. Morale = happy players = more spending to keep the contest alive 🤑
  • Mtmkill_33Mtmkill_33 Posts: 22
    Just yesterday I read this post, where the scammer was crying that 7* fragments were taken from him. And lo and behold, after 2 hours we will find out that all this time there was an anti-cheating program in the game. Stop embarrassing yourself and deceiving players with false information.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★
    Nilmar55 said:

Yah KAPAM , just Punish the poor players and show your muscles on them.
    And keep your eyes closed on the real cheaters who tock avery single reward in the game.!!

7* shards!!
    What a shame!!

Are you saying that you are a modder?

Coincidence? I don't think so.
  • Nilmar55Nilmar55 Posts: 2
    Krishna24 said:

Nilmar55 said:

Yah KAPAM , just Punish the poor players and show your muscles on them.
    And keep your eyes closed on the real cheaters who tock avery single reward in the game.!!

7* shards!!
    What a shame!!

Are you saying that you are a modder?
    Absolutely not, but I keep seeing the real modder & hacker still free from any punishment,
    No titles token, no rewards & not banned also!!
    The most amazing robbery team we've ever seen. Bravo, you surprised me.
    DL864 said:

noclutch said:

I am one of those players that got suspended for 7 days.

I appreciate that you guys are now (even though its late) are showing some efforts against cheating. However I want to address something here.

I have been doing BGs and AWs for a long time. I just cant get past the roster gap between an endgame spender's whale account and my occasional spending account.

I am more than happy to get every new deal, character or rankup material that you guys sell. Who doesn't wan't to get a newly released character or good chunk of newly added rank up material, right?

So here is my point, I dont have enough money to buy every deal you guys offer.
    This puts me to a disadvantage of having less champs at highest rank and less diversity of characters in my roster compared to a massive spender.

In this state neither I, an occasional spender nor an ftp player can compete for the #1 rank in any gamemode that is dependent on roster size or ranks. Thats pretty much all of the pvp modes in game BGs, AWs, Arenas and everything that has a leaderboard, that applies to event leaderboard as well.

I accept that getting carried my a cheater is not ethical and it takes community in wrong direction.
    But pushing offers that create massive gap in character rosters makes imbalance in the player base as well, essentially creating a divide.

With input issues and arena top ranks cheating not being resolved, It frustrates us as players who cant bypass the grind aspect of the game by just spending.

I picked a player from global chat and asked him to carry me in incursions for insignificant amount of money. It was way better worth of my time than doing BGs with 0 points bug or hours of redundant arena grind.

And you know removing 80%* of my 7 star shards does make me sad but its not the worst thing as compared to How I feel losing to a whale account in BGs.

To anyone that hate me for getting carried, I accept that hate.
    I knew what I was getting into and I did it.

"If you would like to continue playing our game, it's time to become upstanding citizens of the Battlerealm"
    One could also say "Its time to be responsible administrators of the Battlerealm and work in favour of your citizens instead of just capitalising on them"

It sounds like you are trying to justify your shady actions do to whales and bugs.You have an r4 herc and spend a little bit. You still had to get carried. That says more about lack of skill then roster size. I agree bugs stink and I can't stand what is happening in bgs but that's no excuse. You got caught except it and not try water down your actions by blaming kabam, whales and bugs. Smh
    Who are you justifying the robbery of an account? A scammer just like him.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

Who are you justifying the robbery of an account? A scammer just like him

What robbery are you talking about lmao. I'm the guy saying that account got what they deserve. That's who I am buddy.

Sounds like your account is in the same boat. I can taste the salt
  • SpartanChaosSpartanChaos Posts: 22
    DL864 said:

How is it robbery of an account? You mean returning what the account stole by cheating in the first place? Don't cheat and you won't lose your rewards

DL864 said:

How is it robbery of an account? You mean returning what the account stole by cheating in the first place? Don't cheat and you won't lose your rewards