**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• AgardAgard Posts: 2
    Veterans this & veterans that.. like the owners care much about those at the top end, that's why they're at the end. Sure rewards could be better, but that's not a ways to go about claiming that they're losing the so called veterans. Stop
    Playing than & stop the bluff. Not to mention the 5* awakening gem only those over 200k got & a redo, as well all the rewards they got from Sw before the nerf, which ain't right. Should've been the other way around!!
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    I'm surprised nobody from Kabam has replied to any of these comments....I get they are more or less, just people upset, but still, they should be some type of reasoning as to why the rewards don't match the difficulty they are saying it's gonna be.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I gotta say the rewards look pretty week.

It's surely gotta be an outrageous jump in the last chapter thinking about it.

Hopefully they might get bumped a little or the thing we know nothing about it totally awesome and holds some sweet things
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Agard wrote: »
    Veterans this & veterans that.. like the owners care much about those at the top end, that's why they're at the end. Sure rewards could be better, but that's not a ways to go about claiming that they're losing the so called veterans. Stop
    Playing than & stop the bluff. Not to mention the 5* awakening gem only those over 200k got & a redo, as well all the rewards they got from Sw before the nerf, which ain't right. Should've been the other way around!!

These Vets u don't care about paid to make the game you are playing now, you should show a little respect for them. They're the reason Kabam didn't completely ruin the game when 12.0 came out.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    *Weak...like my spelling lol
  • :'( triste
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    When you look at the rewards remember that the 4* r4->r5 gem is worth 5 t4b and 3 t4c of the SAME class. The rewards are a little less than i expected but are still pretty good.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    When you look at the rewards remember that the 4* r4->r5 gem is worth 5 t4b and 3 t4c of the SAME class. The rewards are a little less than i expected but are still pretty good.

But is a r5 4* worth a r3 5* ?

In terms of CR, yes. Depending on the Dup Level of each, the 4* could have more Sig Abilities, considering it takes about double Sig for a 5* to equal a 4*. Base Stats are slightly higher with a 5*. Not much.
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    'Underwhelming' is the new expectation. The game is a chore now, and no longer a refuge for some fun.
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    are they actually going through with this with these measley rewards? Damn, they go through with a lot of mistakes. LOL, Release of Phoenix, 12.0, 12.0.2, and now this.. 3orvmp0rtj8d.jpg
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Remember that someone who can 100% 5.2 has ZERO need to R5 a 4*.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

In terms of CR, yes. Depending on the Dup Level of each, the 4* could have more Sig Abilities, considering it takes about double Sig for a 5* to equal a 4*. Base Stats are slightly higher with a 5*. Not much.

Wrong.
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    Aren't rewards supposed to be scaled up for harder content? I think that rewards are regressing rather than progressing. For players like me who are now over 400K, these rewards are insulting. I agree with another poster that the monthly quests have better prizes than Act V, Chapter 2... that doesn't make any sense. Why should we have to go through hell and back to only get **** rewards?!
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★

I respectfully disagree with you there. I've 100% 5.1 and I have completed RTL but I only have 3 5/50s. I could really use another one. This reward would allow me to rank one of them and save cats for my 2/35 duped 5* SL. Now I will say that maybe they should let a user pick either a 2to3 5* rank up or 4to5 4* rank up. But to say that someone that can 100% this has no need for one is a bit of a stretch.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Hopper1313 wrote: »
    You're a lunatic. Getting a champion to R5 is not difficult in any way. Just requires a month of AQ. Awakening a 4* is 100x more work and 100x more luck. With the expansion of 4* champions, it is ever harder to awaken a single champion. The only situation where a R5 ticket trumps a generic awakening gem is when you have every champion awakened that requires awakening to become useful. In that case, sure. But most people have at least a few champions they have been craving to awaken (dr voodoo, ghost rider, scarlet witch, starlord, iceman, .... etc).

I'm pretty sure that's not the only situation in which the R5 ticket would be more valuable than a generic awakening gem. I have champions that would benefit from awakening that I haven't awakened yet. But I still have generic 4* awakening gems I haven't used yet. Whether I awaken a champion or to what degree I rank them up depends on how useful the resultant champion would be to me. Sure, I can just wait a month for crystals to arrive but I'm still mostly t4b bottlenecked. I would love to rank up Yellowjacket, Nightcrawler, and maybe Juggernaut on defense, but Hyperion is going to get all my t4b plus the next one, and then there's Voodoo I want to get to R5. After that there's Elektra, Ghost Rider, and X-23. And after YJ and NC I still have Quake, Spiderman, and Hulk, plus OG Vision. So at one per month that's about a year of backlog, and that's before I acquire anyone else I might want to rank up, like Gwenpool who is coming up as a basic.

Of the champions I would specifically like to awaken as a priority, there's Hyperion who is coming up fast as a basic, so I'm waiting for that. I'm currently working on Starlord. I would like to awaken Quake, Thor, and Hulk, and OG Vision. But none of them are game-changing awakens, so I can wait on them: I could awaken them now but I'm saving awakening gems for when the awaken would in fact be game-changing for me.

The calculus ends up for me that the R5 ticket is currently more valuable. I'm not saying I'm the average player, but I don't think I'm alone either. And I don't think my particular choice here is particularly crazy. The specific way I upgrade champions is the thing that might be different for me. I don't want to spend awakening gems on something until I can rank them up. By the time I do have the resources to rank them up I often have already awakened them by luck or by arena grinding. In fact at the moment the only champion I would awaken is OG Vision, because I specifically can't draw him by luck to awaken him. But *until* I have the resources to rank him up, it makes no sense to burn resources to awaken him when I won't use him. So the critical bottleneck for me is ranking, not awakening. For people who are ranking up faster than acquiring new champions, the choice might be the exact opposite.

Wrong.

Care to point out how that statement is wrong?

Wrong.

Care to point out how that statement is wrong?

You argued that a R5 4* was equal or better than a R3 5*, which is 100% wrong. I don't think you have a very good grasp on this game.

I said in terms of CR. I also talked about the usefulness of the Sig, and the difference in how much is needed to match. I have a fine grasp on the game. I did not say better than. Nor did I say the value was the same. A little quick to jump there.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited June 2017

Ok then where can you get a generic 4* awakening gem or a 4* rank up ticket in everyday play?

max crystals
  • They should provide more information .
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156

This is wrong. It's probably worth about 60% of a the raw materials.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Not true, I 100% 5.1 without items, and expect to do similar on 5.2, and yet I still have a 4* in each class i wouldn't mind taking to rank 5
    Elektra
    Spider-Man
    Scarlet witch
    Hyperion
    Ultron
    Iceman/nightcrawler/x23
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Immortal wrote: »

Ok then where can you get a generic 4* awakening gem or a 4* rank up ticket in everyday play?

max crystals

Firstly what about the 4* rank up ticket
    Secondly max sig crystals are not everyday play
  • Machinist2011Machinist2011 Posts: 3
    How long does it take to get you act together and actually do something for the community for once? You f**k up and you do NOTHING, you f**k up again and you give us an update x10 and still it's messed up! And what do you do? You give us something (summoner appreciation) and you guys actually think it's good enough? We spend soooooo much money since 12.0 and all other updates because you couldnt make a good working game... The least you could do is give us units, L3 team and solo revives and pots for AQ and AW... Cause this s**t cant be denied anymore... Not by KABAM, not by Mike, Adora, and so on!! You messed up, we payed the price and you sit in your comfy chairs counting your money!! And then come these A5C2 rewards... Well f***ers, guess what... We have taken your s**t for way to long!! Listen to the community or go f**k yourselfs!!!
  • LentoLento Posts: 1
    Yo

• I think prices are really poor considering the costs of stamina and potions you are going to use (you are going to need a really competitive roaster as well).
    Kabam is trying to make the 5 stars the centre of this game but is not giving enough shards or catalist to rank them up even with the harder paths like this upcoming 5.2... I think they should drop the 5star costs to 5k shards and 7.5k for the featured and an higher success rate of finding catalyst from aq crystals.
  • WWWEZWWWEZ Posts: 13
    Personally I think this looks good. Kabam did a great job with 5.1 and these new nodes and other effects create greater scope for interesting teams and tactics. I hope it is super difficult, it's boring with nothing to do.. Ok there's LOL, but we don't talk about that. As for the rewards, I agree that they could be a little more tailored to 5*, but remember the 4* awakening gem was only available for completion of all 4 chapters of Act 4 so I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be the same for Act 5. Imagine if they gave us a 5* awakening gem now, does that mean we should get 3 gems for chapter 4?