**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Value of 3* Characters?

So I have a roster now of:

5* heroes x4
40+ 4* heroes, at least 30 of 25 of which are 4/40 and unlocked
About 25 3* heroes
All the 2 and 1* heroes

What is the continued value of the 3* heroes? I never use them in quests, and rarely compete in the 2/3 arena simply because its too much time for too little reward. I use them occasionally in the 3/4 star area, But can infinite streak without them.

Should I just sell them all and collect the ISO and 135 4* shards for each sale?

Thoughts?

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Save em, dupe em to sig 99, get max sig crystals and twice as much 4* shards.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Never sell. If you were playing at all this week, you know that selling low tier champs can lose you a 5* (the 1* 2* arena)
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    Duping 3* gives iso and 4* shards.
    Nuff said...
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    They're good for basic arena too. With those useless arena boosts they can get more points than a 4/4- 4*.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Everything in this game plays it's roll. No, 3 star characters aren't your go to guys to complete stuff, although, they are very useful to have.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    A factor to get (not discussing whether to keep or sell) 3* is to get a feel on character abilities and performance. Being able to "test drive" the 3* helps with making rank up decisions. Of course there is help in the forum but it is still important to gauge if you like the character play style.

Another aspect is to improve your game play skill. Using 4* and 5* helps clear contents.
    Using 3* and coming up against challenger rating, having lower attack and lower health trains game fight.

3* helps with that little bit to add on to SA points and using expiring class catalysts.

Others contributors had mentioned many other benefits to keep a 3*.

I have yet to come across a top player who consistently sells low tiers champs. It does not mean those low tier champs can't be sold, it is merely whether the short-term gains outweighs the mid and longer term benefits.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    As others have said, you get better rewards if you keep them.
    I use my 3* to make the boring grind stuff a bit more interesting. I hit the class cata runs with 3* that aren’t even maxed since it makes the grind more challenging and more fun than just crushing everything with my tops.
    3* are also a good way to test drive champs since they are easier to get, to dup and to get to high sig than 4* and 5*.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    You should be focussing your ISOs on the 3* to get them as high level as possible.

Their contribution to arena runs are very valuable when they are maxed.