**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does Viv Vision need a buff?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Have just pulled her as a 6*.

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

KT1 said she’s “under-tuned”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Do you think she would benefit from a buff?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    We all will know the answer when kabam post her re-balance report. Only They have access to her numbers, aka her in-game statistics.

I've seen people on both sides of the coin. I don't have her yet. No comments.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    I was thinking Same but man when i tried her myself she's amazing fun to play. BG killer, specially in this meta passive heal block is just so good, Alot of utility, imunity, yes low health pool but still she shines . Every champion can't be having CGR demage all the time 🤣🤣
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Check out @GrassKnuckles he has Viv content
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

I have her at R3 and I do think she needs to be viable in other forms or content. Her damage is great, she needs just a quicker return time for her armor ups.

She needs the opposite of what Shuri needed.

I enjoy the play style, but don’t enjoy that you get one shot to eliminate the opponent, after that it’s a slow grind.

I think the point of her is that, if ranked properly, she can take down exactly the healthpool you need her to. And if she can't, using a boost will cover the rest
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I just got her last week and I think she's pretty great! She has lots of utility and her damage does increase based on the amount of solar energy you have (which you acquire from your SP2) when you launch your SP1.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

I just got her last week and I think she's pretty great! She has lots of utility and her damage does increase based on the amount of solar energy you have (which you acquire from your SP2) when you launch your SP1.

After you throw sp2 are you supposed to continue with medium/light ending combo until sp1? Isn't doing this will consume up the solar energy?
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★

Mr.0-8-4 said:

After you throw sp2 are you supposed to continue with a medium/light ending combo until sp1? Isn't doing this will consume solar energy?
    To be honest, my guess is as good as yours. With my limited experience with her, I found that by doing a medium/light ending combo and then parrying my opponent, I seem to gather combat power faster than normal. This enables me to launch SP1 twice. Having her awakened, increases your damage output by placing an energy vulnerability on your opponent.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    As if the poster were serious...
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

I have her at R3 and I do think she needs to be viable in other forms or content. Her damage is great, she needs just a quicker return time for her armor ups.

She needs the opposite of what Shuri needed.

I enjoy the play style, but don’t enjoy that you get one shot to eliminate the opponent, after that it’s a slow grind.

I think the point of her is that, if ranked properly, she can take down exactly the healthpool you need her to. And if she can't, using a boost will cover the rest
    Yes, but that can go the opposite way with Shuri, Proxima Midnight, etc. we don’t get to use them because of the long ramp up, this is also what has happened with a champion like mantis who is also getting a buff.

Champs now a days has to be more than just one trick pony. She should be punished for not playing in her loop, but not 3 minutes.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Rasilover said:

She needs sig 200 to have real results

Hmmm .. that’s really disappointing. Resources are limited at this time and I don't think I could afford taking her to sig 200.

How about you try her and see for yourself?

I don’t want to rank her up and waste resources, hence the question.

I’m very patient and prudent about my rank ups.

Shut up about her base stats. If you play her right you will never take a blocked hit so why does it matter

I didn’t say it, Lagacy did. I’m just quoting him.
    Pikolu said:

How about you try her and see for yourself?

I don’t want to rank her up and waste resources, hence the question.
    The question you should be asking isn't does Viv Vision need a buff? The question to ask is is Viv Vision worth ranking up? Because there are many champions that need a buff but among them are many champions still worth ranking up. Also there have been champions that many agree would still not be worth ranking up after their buff as well.

Viv Vision is 100% worth the rankup and she does what she is supposed to do very well.
    But is she worth ranking up if you can’t sig 200 her though?

Someone here had said she really needs max sig to be effective.

Also resources are limited, I don’t want to use all the rank up material then find out she needs 200 sigs that I don’t currently have.

#resources_are_limited

Have just pulled her as a 6*.

Watched a few videos on her from Lagacy to Karatemike to KT1 and it seems they think the champ is a little underwhelming.

Lagacy had him in the third tier (from top), and said that she has really low “base stats”.

KT1 said she’s “under-tuned”.

Karatemike was probably the most bullish of her, but who isn’t he bullish on? lol..

Anyone been using her?

Do you think she would benefit from a buff?

Genuine question.... after watching those videos, did you take her for a spin? Did you try any of the rotations they used? Did you try any of your own rotations? it's fine to gather information about a champion, but it's also important that you find out what you like or don't like about a champion.

I'll use Silver Centurion as an example. He's not widely seen as the best or worse but he's very good at what his kit allows him to do. Most of the content creators weren't high on him but I have found many, many uses for him in lots of different content.

This is an obvious pattern with you. Most recently with Mantis.
    Would you not ask someone who had scaled Everest for advice before setting off yourself?

Think.
This discussion has been closed.