**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Well this problem has affected me in AQ I can’t join AQ it say spectate idk why any reason for this when I been in the same alli for a long time ?
  • JP1119JP1119 Posts: 7
    On the topic of compensation, I’d like to ask that the expiration timers for catalyst also be considered. I scooped up every recent offer that included t4b or T1a with the expectation that those resources would be used for several key rank ups after quickly exploring all of act 5.

I know kabam has acknowledged players concerns over expiring items. I’d just ask that the clock also be paused for expiring catalysts. At least for a week or two after the eventual release of 5.4
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Obviously, step one is getting the game back to some sort of stability.

But I would hope step two is to address adequately lost resources, time, and opportunity costs. Because of its intermittent nature, this outage isn’t like an emergency or scheduled maintenance that can just be waited out. Much of the last two days of gameplay are lost, and along with that AQ maps, AW, boosts, catalysts, shards, streaks and a host of other things (but not 5* AGs—the very suggestion that someone should get that for an outage is beyond ludicrous). Players start, stop, start again, stop again, over and over. That’s costly.

Get the servers right first. Then make sure you get right with the community.

Dr. Zola
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    DrZola wrote: »

But I would hope step two is to address adequately lost resources, time, and opportunity costs. Because of its intermittent nature, this outage isn’t like an emergency or scheduled maintenance that can just be waited out. Much of the last two days of gameplay are lost, and along with that AQ maps, AW, boosts, catalysts, shards, streaks and a host of other things (but not 5* AGs—the very suggestion that someone should get that for an outage is beyond ludicrous). Players start, stop, start again, stop again, over and over. That’s costly.

Dr. Zola

Ludicrous is what the current situation of the game is. How is asking for a 5☆ AG unfathomable but expecting the game to work properly somehow isn't.
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    I’ll accept the 6k units I spent on items for 5.4.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Because there was so much wild speculation about this, I decided to break down and just figure it out. As far as I can tell, the backend servers for MCOC appear to be hosted on google cloud platform. At least, that's what the game client seems to talk to a lot.

So speculating about any hardware component of the game infrastructure is probably fruitless. There's no obvious way to tell what they are running in the compute engines, whether it is Windows or Linux, but for game back end engines that's largely irrelevant given how most game engines are designed.

The actual problem could be in the actual software running on the compute engines, the presentation or balancing layer (App engine or other), the Google cloud infrastructure, the Google Cloud Networking layer, the database engines (Google or other), or a lot of other things implementation-related. But people speculating that it is slow hard drives or running older versions of Windows are probably not on the right track.

This exactly. Regardless of the provider, a cloud infrastructure can hickup on so many different levels it's just not funny anymore. From the actual hardware to the virtual machines, so much I/O goes on where things can go awry alone that it's searching for needles in stacks of needles squared. Problems happen, it's not always going to be an easy fix.

This is not something I am willing to just go and put blame for onto any one party. And the way demands are made in this thread, from the ridiculous to the downright insulting... Yes, I'm also not amused, but seriously people, take a few steps back, breathe and go do something else. It's not the end of the world. Honestly.
  • devsworlddevsworld Posts: 12
    This getting frastuating....
    it like play one fight than next fight go inn and than server issue... get kick out of game and when game up.. we get half health... entire day 2 aq happened in same way and now it started on 3rd day ... already lost one champ...
    i m out untill they fix it...
    it annoying now
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Alright I'm not demanding compensation sense we know it is being talked about but I do want to throw a few ideas out there.
    So first lets start off with AQ compensation, the 100% completion rewards should be given out to every allaince heck you could even double it as an extra we are sorry factor.

For arenas gift refills/boosts to every one effected.

But now for the "We are sorry that this happened" compensation. Lets start of the overly nice and very unlikely one. A free 5* Generic Awakening gem, yes this would be nice and everyone will for sure benefit from this but it is incredibly unlikely these will be given out as compensation/calender rewards anytime soon. Time to the more likely ones a 4* Awakening gem, t4cc crystals, Energy refills, potions, refills and t1 alphas with a few t2a shards. Granted a majority of these prprobably won't happen but it will be a great way to keep the player base happy and apologize for the massive inconvenience.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Asmodeyus wrote: »
    Each time the servers have gone down, when they come back up the scoring for everything is off, ot lower. Example. Summoner Advancement, when this first started we had 388,000+ points, after a couple of the disconnects i checked and we were down to 355,000+ points. I checked the roster and members, no one left, no one joined in that time frame. Then today i logged in and we were down to 242,000+ points under and rank rewards still showing available. So I decided to check the perfect series event and same thing has happened. Points have dropped my tens to a hundred thousand.

All of point totals have been getting screwy since thw outages.

Now I tend to have to agree here with the players regarding AQ and Arenas, ive taken several "auto losses" because i win thw fight, suddenly game goes down, and then when back in, instead of redoing the fight, says network error, bam, auto loss. There is no fair, or correct score you can give for the system triggering auto losses. At this point, just conceed and give the people already in ranked arena the champ already. This has lasted for almlst 24 hours now.

I even submitted a ticket when i noticed SA issues with scores. I got an automated response in general about the outages and then auto closed ticket.

I get it that compensation comes later however, dont you think we at least deserve more than an email door slammed in our face when we report a seperate problem that may be linked? Still have the ticket number that got closed and no answer as to why scores have been changing.

I suspect the reason for altered point totals is with the server issues, not all activity is being saved. For instance, I have been disconnected in arena so much that I have literally fought the same team 10 times and have still not gotten the points for it. There is a brief window before getting disconnected where you’re still playing, but your actions are not saved.
  • DaSPI95DaSPI95 Posts: 4
    I hope we're compensated. Lost an entire day of gaming. 😑
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    Thanks for the update @Kabam Miike we missed 3x100% on map 5 today because the dude we were waiting on couldn’t log in to clear a symbiod. Hopefully it’s resolved soon.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    DaSPI95 wrote: »
    I hope we're compensated. Lost an entire day of gaming. 😑

But you enjoyed a day of real life on the opposite side of the coin, which shouldn't mean you are due compensation.
  • bignate165bignate165 Posts: 15
    The servers went down when I was loading into AQ and now when I try to go back in I cant join, it just says spectate and that I can only join one AQ at a time. I need this fixed ASAP.
  • Do we get componsation?????
  • NickhammerNickhammer Posts: 12
    This happens if you give holiday for that one guy who know about troubleshooting your server issue.
  • So the servers went down yet again as I was entering AQ and now I an unable to participate. Getting a message that I can join only one AQ at a time, on top of that the champs I attempted to join with are locked in.
  • JFerg114 wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Ludicrous is what the current situation of the game is. How is asking for a 5☆ AG unfathomable but expecting the game to work properly somehow isn't.

People have a reasonable expectation for the game to work properly. No one is suggesting otherwise that I've seen.

But compensation for instability or outages should attempt, as best as possible, to address the costs associated with that disruption. They should not be leveraged into a winning lottery ticket.

Also, we still don't know the source of the problem yet. I would expect Kabam to do something to mitigate the problem for the players no matter what the cause is. But my expectations in this regard would be different if the problem was due to something under their direct control verses something they had no control over.

People were speculating that it might be due to antiquated or insufficient hardware resources, but that seems to now be extremely unlikely. People were speculating that the cause was extreme load that Kabam did not anticipate, but that also now seems unlikely. It could ultimately be a bug in software Kabam has full control of, a bug in software supplied by a vendor, or a problem in one of the many components of the cloud infrastructure they appear to be using. My attitude towards compensation will depend on which of those possibilities (or something else) turns out to be true, and the degree to which Kabam is transparent enough for me to tell the difference.

This would be a good opportunity for Kabam to really try hard to be transparent to the best degree possible. Because I would not expect anyone to simply take Kabam's word at face value that the problem was "unavoidable." Informing the customers what the actual problem was, where it was, and what is being done to prevent all similar problems from recurring would be worth something in my opinion. Not saying those things would contrawise give license for players to believe the worst.

And it is always possible to do that without throwing someone under the bus, which is often the excuse used to claim the information to be proprietary.
  • Asmodeyus wrote: »
    Each time the servers have gone down, when they come back up the scoring for everything is off, ot lower. Example. Summoner Advancement, when this first started we had 388,000+ points, after a couple of the disconnects i checked and we were down to 355,000+ points. I checked the roster and members, no one left, no one joined in that time frame. Then today i logged in and we were down to 242,000+ points under and rank rewards still showing available. So I decided to check the perfect series event and same thing has happened. Points have dropped my tens to a hundred thousand.

Interesting. That would suggest one of a small number of possibilities.

• This is ridiculous with all these Service interruptions Kabam you are preventing me from getting a 5* green goblin Crystal which is going to end in less than 24 hours and I’ll never have time to get 200 5* shards for it With all the interruptions thanks a lot Kabam especially since I’ve been with you guys since the beginning you have a great game but you take advantage of players and don’t properly compensate players for your mistakes and there’s thousands of players out there that feel the same way I do and thanks a lot again for preventing me from getting one of the only 5* champs I want (green goblin)
  • Thanks a lot Kabam for all the service interruptions I only need 200 5 star crystal shards to get the green goblin five star crystal but that’s not happening now with all the interruptions
  • VêNDëTTåVêNDëTTå Posts: 58
    Contest of maintenance is the new meme 😂
    JFerg114 wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Game is in ruins. Compensation should be at a minimum generous. And while I certainly wouldn’t turn one down, there’s no nexus between the game’s problems and 5* AGs. Unless, of course, you were about to explore 5.4.

Dr. Zola
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    [quote="hurricant;c-
    hurricant wrote: »
    Biro wrote: »
    I am losing starlord
    I waited so long to awaken starlod I did first arena 6.5m now & got him now reached 3m if I didn't awakened him will very dissappointed

This makes no sense because the game is down for everyone not just you. Everyone is losing the same amount of arena time

No because timezones..... down less for people who are asleep while it is down..... i lost 3hrs last night while my mate was sleeping.... while inwas sleeping he played.... mmmmm.... i lost more time than him.... common sense....
    edited December 2017
    @DNA3000

“People were speculating that it might be due to antiquated or insufficient hardware resources, but that seems to now be extremely unlikely. People were speculating that the cause was extreme load that Kabam did not anticipate, but that also now seems unlikely. It could ultimately be a bug in software Kabam has full control of, a bug in software supplied by a vendor, or a problem in one of the many components of the cloud infrastructure they appear to be using. My attitude towards compensation will depend on which of those possibilities (or something else) turns out to be true, and the degree to which Kabam is transparent enough for me to tell the difference.

This would be a good opportunity for Kabam to really try hard to be transparent to the best degree possible. Because I would not expect anyone to simply take Kabam's word at face value that the problem was "unavoidable." Informing the customers what the actual problem was, where it was, and what is being done to prevent all similar problems from recurring would be worth something in my opinion. Not saying those things would contrawise give license for players to believe the worst.

And it is always possible to do that without throwing someone under the bus, which is often the excuse used to claim the information to be proprietary.”

I like this. I don’t always agree with you, but this is solid.

Dr. Zola
  • VêNDëTTåVêNDëTTå Posts: 58
    x3ib4aw62r4l.jpeg
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I really just want to know a ballpark estimate on when act 5.4 is gonna be released. Not even a 100% time, just a general time frame. Is it going to be tomorrow, the next day, next week? If it's not going to be released tomorrow, I would like to do another path of LOL since I've already made the time to do act 5.4.. would rather not waste the free time I've made, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.... I'm sure based on w.e issue you guys found to be causing this, you can make an educated guess.
  • RealStealRealSteal Posts: 199
    All I ask is for 2 5* rank down tix for all the problems then all will be right in the world for a very long time :)
  • Hopefully, this will rectify the problems I've been having since downloading the new module. It's been seven days since the new event and I've not been able to enter ANY arena.
    I can collect crystals and look at my new Howard the duck which is fun in it's own right, but I'd actually like to play the game without error messages and game crashes.
    tw5rpw89afwe.png