**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A monthly 5* arena with 2* ?

Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
This special arena was greatly appreciated in my alliance. It was the most played arena. Such a good reward (a basic 5* shards crystal) desserves to spend time.

With 6* coming and 5* becoming more common, why not to introduce this kind of arena monthly ?

Comments

• I second this notion! Made me actually want to play arena for once.
  • This would be really cool if it happened, but something I could actually see happening would be ranked 5* shards and 4* shards for milestones. I could see it happen sometime after 6* champs come out, but who knows!
    I love the idea of it though!
  • grinding this arena was one of the best times I have had in this game lately. The great prizes forced me to finish it very quickly but also finally having a use for champs that I never play with or touch felt really good. I would love it if Kabam would find some way to incorporate this into the game permanently ... even if the rewards needed to be reduced slightly
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    grinding this arena was one of the best times I have had in this game lately. The great prizes forced me to finish it very quickly but also finally having a use for champs that I never play with or touch felt really good. I would love it if Kabam would find some way to incorporate this into the game permanently ... even if the rewards needed to be reduced slightly

2 star champs have always still had a use in the game, with a decent roster of them you can spend 2 hrs or so each arena series getting milestones. it gives 65 units, and a fair amount of PHC. sure its boring, but they are still very useful.
  • CptCrutchCptCrutch Posts: 21
    Lol no. The whales won't have it. Talk about devaluing 5*s. Be grateful they had a cool promotional arena(was based around facebook likes) that gave you and your alliance members pretty much a free 5* champ.

Now having different style of 2* arenas worth doing to actually get use out of the 2* is a good idea. A 2* arena that rewards a 5* monthly is far too much.

Aggravating I save months and thankfully pulled 5* Hype in November. A friend made an alt account, 4 days deep he has 4* dusa and just pulled a 5* hype from the arena 5* crystal. That is demoralizing in its own way. 5* champs will have great value in this game for a long time to come. The real heavy heavy spenders may have a roster of 5-7 6*s by end of 2018, 5*s will still be perfectly relevant, strong, and useable.

Basically enjoy working for your 5* champs, not having them handed to you. Kabam has come through in other outlets of the game in making 5* shards more accessible, just have to work for them. I've seen my friend pull 3 5* champs in 6 total pulls(blade, dupe Hela) from 300 unit uncollected crystals. They are much more in circulation now compared to summertime even.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Well maybe 10k is too much but what about 5k ?

5* are the new 4*
    4* are the new 3*
    3* are the new 2*
    and 2* ... are definitively useless
    When you are a 300k or more player, do you really play arena for a 3*? No. Or maybe if you have time to waste.
    Now, the question is the same for 4*.
    Players focus on 5*. 5* are not the future, they are the present. Just look at all possible champions in the basic crystal. That's the evolution of the game.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    You dont need this monthly. In the monthly quest you get 10k shards now if you run heroic, master and uncollected. Plus this was kind of a christmas thing, doubt it will ever be monthly
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I don't think it should be purely on the fact that it was made to be a reward, not actual designed content for the game. I've seen players that don't even have a single 4 star pull god tier 5* champions like archangel and gwenpool because of the arena which is not the way it should be.

Now a different point, saying that 5*s are the new 3*s and 4*s are the new 3*s is a not a good argument for this case. It is an unfair comparison, a 3* can't complete nearly all the content in game while 4*s can still making them the present. Having a 5*s is recommended but there is no content besides 100% LOL that is only completable by 5*s without gross amounts of spending. I'd like to see you try to finish 5.3 the most recent permanent quest content with 3*s but it is quite easily finished with just 4*s.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    I feel bad for the people who sold there 2*