**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A monthly 5* arena with 2* ?

Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
This special arena was greatly appreciated in my alliance. It was the most played arena. Such a good reward (a basic 5* shards crystal) desserves to spend time.

With 6* coming and 5* becoming more common, why not to introduce this kind of arena monthly ?

Comments

• Options
    I second this notion! Made me actually want to play arena for once.
  • Options
    This would be really cool if it happened, but something I could actually see happening would be ranked 5* shards and 4* shards for milestones. I could see it happen sometime after 6* champs come out, but who knows!
    I love the idea of it though!
  • Options
    grinding this arena was one of the best times I have had in this game lately. The great prizes forced me to finish it very quickly but also finally having a use for champs that I never play with or touch felt really good. I would love it if Kabam would find some way to incorporate this into the game permanently ... even if the rewards needed to be reduced slightly
  • Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    grinding this arena was one of the best times I have had in this game lately. The great prizes forced me to finish it very quickly but also finally having a use for champs that I never play with or touch felt really good. I would love it if Kabam would find some way to incorporate this into the game permanently ... even if the rewards needed to be reduced slightly

2 star champs have always still had a use in the game, with a decent roster of them you can spend 2 hrs or so each arena series getting milestones. it gives 65 units, and a fair amount of PHC. sure its boring, but they are still very useful.
  • Options
    CptCrutchCptCrutch Posts: 21
    Lol no. The whales won't have it. Talk about devaluing 5*s. Be grateful they had a cool promotional arena(was based around facebook likes) that gave you and your alliance members pretty much a free 5* champ.

Now having different style of 2* arenas worth doing to actually get use out of the 2* is a good idea. A 2* arena that rewards a 5* monthly is far too much.

Aggravating I save months and thankfully pulled 5* Hype in November. A friend made an alt account, 4 days deep he has 4* dusa and just pulled a 5* hype from the arena 5* crystal. That is demoralizing in its own way. 5* champs will have great value in this game for a long time to come. The real heavy heavy spenders may have a roster of 5-7 6*s by end of 2018, 5*s will still be perfectly relevant, strong, and useable.

Basically enjoy working for your 5* champs, not having them handed to you. Kabam has come through in other outlets of the game in making 5* shards more accessible, just have to work for them. I've seen my friend pull 3 5* champs in 6 total pulls(blade, dupe Hela) from 300 unit uncollected crystals. They are much more in circulation now compared to summertime even.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Well maybe 10k is too much but what about 5k ?

5* are the new 4*
    4* are the new 3*
    3* are the new 2*
    and 2* ... are definitively useless
    When you are a 300k or more player, do you really play arena for a 3*? No. Or maybe if you have time to waste.
    Now, the question is the same for 4*.
    Players focus on 5*. 5* are not the future, they are the present. Just look at all possible champions in the basic crystal. That's the evolution of the game.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    You dont need this monthly. In the monthly quest you get 10k shards now if you run heroic, master and uncollected. Plus this was kind of a christmas thing, doubt it will ever be monthly
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I don't think it should be purely on the fact that it was made to be a reward, not actual designed content for the game. I've seen players that don't even have a single 4 star pull god tier 5* champions like archangel and gwenpool because of the arena which is not the way it should be.

Now a different point, saying that 5*s are the new 3*s and 4*s are the new 3*s is a not a good argument for this case. It is an unfair comparison, a 3* can't complete nearly all the content in game while 4*s can still making them the present. Having a 5*s is recommended but there is no content besides 100% LOL that is only completable by 5*s without gross amounts of spending. I'd like to see you try to finish 5.3 the most recent permanent quest content with 3*s but it is quite easily finished with just 4*s.
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    I feel bad for the people who sold there 2*