**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iPhone X dashing problems

Am I the only one having this issue. My palms keep touching the edge of the screen because of no bezels. So I keep dashing forward and backwards and losing fights

Comments

• Perry1973Perry1973 Posts: 7
    I am having all kind of control issues with it.

I am having to play with an iPhone 6s plus
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I got a case and the difference is night and day regarding palms touching edge of screen
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    😂 1st world problems: I’m so rich I bought the best iPhone and I’m mad because my game doesn’t work because I have big hands
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Lol sorry that was a little mean
  • Yes the same issue with the iPhone X. Won't stop dashing forward when block. Three different cases and screen protectors.
  • LastEmperorLastEmperor Posts: 10
    Im having the opposite happen actually with iPhone X, when going in to attack , champ dashes backwards. Have also had the game randomly pause on its own.

Are you guys aware of this @Kabam Miike ?
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    Im having the opposite happen actually with iPhone X, when going in to attack , champ dashes backwards. Have also had the game randomly pause on its own.

Check out the post I just put in this thread. Hopefully it will help you out until kabam releases a fix for this.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/29985/iphone-x-optimization#latest
  • LastEmperorLastEmperor Posts: 10

Check out the post I just put in this thread. Hopefully it will help you out until kabam releases a fix for this.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/29985/iphone-x-optimization#latest

Thanks, however thats irrelevant to what i posted. Swiping forward to charge in and attack then dashing back shouldnt come close to tapping block and said champ dashing back.
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    Sorry I meant to tag @TheeWolverine. Check out the post I linked above and read my response in that. Hopefully that helps.

I’m not sure about your issue LastEmperor. I haven’t had that issue on my iPhone X.
  • @Darth_Kaladinn thanks. I had tried moving back a little didn't work but moving all the way back above that little area above the mute button and center by speaker totally stops dashing and such. But brings new problem of finger cramping trying hold it so far back towards end of phone. But thanks for that advice now just need kabam to move the area up to the down volume button then will solve a lot of peoples complaints with the IPhone X complaints. @Kabam Miike
  • Rdl29170Rdl29170 Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Just got my iPhone X yesterday. This is ridiculous. Champs either dash forward into attacks or dodge backwards during offensive maneuvers. Either way it’s costing me lives in AQ, where the problem seems more prevalent. Please fix this! Has nothing to do with hand position. I’m using a case and no part of my hand touches the screen other than my thumbs.
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    edited December 2017
    It is absolutely brutal at times. Switched over to an iPhone X 2 days ago. Totally excited to get off my iPhone 6 and the game’s lag on that device. Upon using the iPhone X I instantly started having this problem dashing forward. Killed me in 5.4 several times. Costing me units I shouldn’t have to spend.

Went back to the iPhone 6 and didn’t have it happen once. Back to the iPhone X and it happened again first fight, and second, and third.

It appears that they have not calibrated the game play for the iPhone X at all. If you hold block and move you thumb even a tiny bit or push harder into the screen that causes your thumb to spread you will dash forward and there’s no forgiving. That on top of which just seems to be random input glitches.

This is really sad and disappointing. Part of the reason I picked up an iPhone X was specifically for this game. I don’t know why I expected it to just work as intended.

Really disappointed kabam.

Ig.
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    Oh this dashing forward bug. And the holding heavy but instead dashing backwards. If you want to know why it’s happening kabam the sensitivity is completely off. People use left and right thumbs for each activity and if you hit the screen at a slight angle or move your thumb a nano meter it will think you’ve swiped to the dash or the evade. You can’t have 100% precise finger placement like a robot... people’s fingers move a tiny bit when on the screen. This is super poor UI/UX implementation and it didn’t used to be like this.

It is forcing people to use a ton of items costing a lot of units for things they can’t control.

Fixxxxx it. It’s getting ridiculous. This on top of the random movements and complete lack of response to user inputs at times (multiple evades) mean your match can just go haywire at and point in time and there’s nothing you can do.

Ig.