**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW changes (again) and Rank Down Tickets

Dead serious here. I know people are saying we need rank down tickets for the server outages and I think that to be somewhat silly myself BUT I don’t see anyone talking about AW changes and how most the community has ranked up certain champions based on what is now an obsolete and removed AW scoring system.
The changes (yet again) to AW scoring need to be addressed by again letting players rank down and then use those resources to rank up the defenders they now need again.

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    They won't be doing so, as in the future they've said they'll be issuing Class Rank Down Tickets in the future

As for AW, most of us can't really tell whether these changes are good for the community because correct me if I'm wrong but Diversity was ruling every Victory or Loss
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I think part of the problem is that kabam did say multiple times with each change that they had plans to make more so we all knew changes were coming.

I myself haven't ranked up a champion for AW specifically since before the removal of defender kills. With the amount of complaints daily demanding some form of defender kills to be returned it was sort of obvious that a big change was coming.

Even now they have mentioned that more changes may be coming so again I don't plan to rank up anyone specifically for AW until after they announce it is the final iteration of AW.

Now obviously I can understand the frustration if people have ranked up luke cage, spiderqwen etc. specifically for diversity but knowing that changes were coming I think people's rank ups were a little premature.

Now I know some people may have believed that defender kills were never coming back but with only 2-3 people ever defending kabams decision to remove them when everyone else said they needed to return told me that eventually kabam had to listen and make another big change.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    They explicitly told you more changes were coming. My advice to everyone I knew after the original change was not to rank for defense. I don't know why people did.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    They explicitly told you more changes were coming. My advice to everyone I knew after the original change was not to rank for defense. I don't know why people did.

I for one ranked for prestige over defence

Need a good attack force
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Count me in, I am all in for rank down tickets...

But not holding my breath, though... Now they go and not only close, but delete any posts on RDT...

As with this one of today:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/38709/rank-down-tickets-question

Poor move, Kabam...
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    they made a mistake showing us they could do something like this because they should have expected people would want and need them again. They honestly should be a yearly thing for units once a year you can buy up to ~5 of each star level using the glory store rules that each one costs more than the one before.

don't give them away but make them something people can prepare for and be like "i know we've released a lot of new characters and content this year and you the player want the opportunity to change some past decisions and play new champions at the height of their capabilities"
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    There's something they call beta testing
    Kabam should have run tests before releasing any form of updates
    So premature rank ups or what not makes no sense
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Cihag wrote: »
    Count me in, I am all in for rank down tickets...

But not holding my breath, though... Now they go and not only close, but delete any posts on RDT...

As with this one of today:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/38709/rank-down-tickets-question

Poor move, Kabam...

Its a new feature of the forums I have noticed. Once a thread gets 5 flags for abuse or spam (must all be the same) the thread is removed. Great feature and I love it
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★

People ranked up because of diversity and defender rating--this is self evident. Diversity was King and if you wanted to win you ranked up. The problem is that Kabam keeps on moving the goal posts and for those that like to win, you end up using resources that ultimately are wasted.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Kabam never said this will be the final version of aw so ranking up champs for an unfinished product is not Kabams fault. Plus RDTs are only for champ changes not content changes
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    This is the perfect way to build profits without adding value to a game... changing the fundamental rules of the game after you've left a system in place long enough to suck up resources that cost money...
    Also, the 5 flag rule is BS.

The original post has 5 flags (probably not all the same), but people should be able to ****. Not have people who are sick of these types of posts just flagging posts.

What some people need to realize is that if you're not eating, sleeping, breathing MCoC, you're not on the forums when people start complaining about RDTs or AW changes, so when you come on to toss in your 2 cents, you're tagged as another whiner who needs to get good, instead of what you are: A person who spends money on a game that's cheating you.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    Also, the 5 flag rule is BS.

The original post has 5 flags (probably not all the same), but people should be able to ****. Not have people who are sick of these types of posts just flagging posts.

What some people need to realize is that if you're not eating, sleeping, breathing MCoC, you're not on the forums when people start complaining about RDTs or AW changes, so when you come on to toss in your 2 cents, you're tagged as another whiner who needs to get good, instead of what you are: A person who spends money on a game that's cheating you.

So you are allowed to ****, I agree, but then others are allowed to see that **** as spam or abuse, that's only fair. Add to that the fact that we have 10+ threads every day for RDTs, people ask for it for compo, they demand it at the drop of a hat etc, and people get annoyed as I am sure you can see. So threads getting deleted is a good thing

If you could explain how Kabam have cheated you, that would help. I mean specific details of how you feel cheated per champ etc?
    I do agree that people should be flagging things, but if only five people need to flag something as spam or abuse to trigger a review, that's a pretty small amount for this large of a forum. I would say that the number needs to be higher. That's a pretty small sample of people that could control the discussion board content. If 5-10 non-admin forum members decide to keep certain discussions off the boards, they could with the 5 flag rule.

I'm sure the 5 flags are just that, flags, and then admins decide if they're truly spam or abuse... but your last post was flagged as abuse and I personally don't feel like you were abusive. Someone flagged my post as spam because they want to discourage my type of discussion. I can live with that. If you're on the forums a lot, I can see how the constant griping is spam to you. I'm not on enough to feel like it's spammy. But your last reply to mine wasn't abusive.

My personal problem is that I live in the past too much with this game, and I'll admit that. Over the last few years, everything in game has been monetized. Earlier in the games development, free items on quest maps were a regular occurrence. Now, even a level 1 pot is a rarity on a map and you need about 25-30 to fully pot up a 4* 5/50 (I mean, if they do nothing for my line up, why be so stingy with them?) Energy refills were even regular enough in quest maps that you could farm them. It took effort, but you could. Beating WS in RoL used to net you a Level 1 revive, which I always felt was about right for the type of fight that is, now it's a big fight for a health pot that you need 3-5 to pot up a decently ranked champ.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Solrac_2 wrote: »

People ranked up because of diversity and defender rating--this is self evident. Diversity was King and if you wanted to win you ranked up. The problem is that Kabam keeps on moving the goal posts and for those that like to win, you end up using resources that ultimately are wasted.

but they explicitly told you they were going to move the goalposts...