**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is MODOK bugged? [Moved by Moderator]

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I use autofight on modok in heroic event, 106 hits received to 2 hits landed......
    What I'm really concerned about is how he is going to interact with parry mastery, catch medusa on a stun immune miniboss in war and the you will know what I mean, you get parried for punching, if he does this in war it's going to be impossible to beat him with his high rate of autoblock
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    So is that a confirmation that he is indeed broken? Could read the mod response a couple of ways.

Also, poster above is right, what a potion burner he would be in AW.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I just used Electra or bw pending what syn I wanted for route and had no dramas with him. Ability accuracy reducers destroy him and most of them are skill xbone would bee good too. I use same technique for Medusa on stun immune.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    I'm never one to complain about difficulty, and don't think I ever have in 3 years...

But I have to chime in and say his auto block doesn't seem to match what his abilities read. I've already cleared him 5 times in uncollected but the last two fights he was *literally* auto blocking every other hit in fast succession. There was nothing I could do.

This cannot be how he's intended to be designed. I can't imagine it being a good idea for this to get out in AW either if it is.
    You do make sense wil, it's the percentage of his ability that make him so much worse than medusa though, and first hit not just consecutive hits, good luck getting to elektras l1 and even the 4th and 5th fury crossbones needs while his reduction is only 60% from overrun, I don't know modoks autoblock percentage but if that uncollected is anything to go off I would guess over 80%
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    If you read his ability it clearly says auto block does not trigger parry ... sooo :)
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Hey everyone -

I know it's been a couple days since my last update, but this issue hasn't been forgotten. The team is working on getting it fixed. I don't have more to share, but when I do I'll be back. :)

So you are confirming that he is bugged?
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    They'll get him fixed shortly after his crystals go off sale and his arenas are over.
    @Speeds80 dont forget with Electra Parry is a debuff. I had no problem getting to sp1 just need to finish Phoenix map and I'm done with uncollected.
  • Hey again everyone -

Just wanted to provide a little further of an update. We can't yet discuss too many specifics as they are not currently finalized, but can confirm that our team is actively reviewing M.O.D.O.K. to address some areas we've identified as needing refinements. Once we have more concrete details, we will be sure to update you all again.
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @Wil6541 did not know that, I pulled her as a 5* this week so maybe she will get the 10 alphas for the r3 then (to the glory store I go. side note, 10 is just too many) . Haha and @Spera just cleared up my worries, i do still think him triggering the evade l1 mid combo is a bit ruthless but I've just been baiting whenever he gets to l1
    @Speeds80 no worries. She is pretty good. Plus with dw maxed her bleeds lasts from sp1 to sp1. Really only weakness is if you need the ability drop on an immune to negative effects node.
  • BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    @f9_abs what quality team :wink: lol
  • IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    Idk, I beat uncollected 100% and modok was far easier than prefix ice Phoenix. The secret is simply to pary and attack only when stunned. Take stun champs. It’s a pain but it’s not meant to be easy.
  • FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    I agree, i have zero desire to face Modok after beating him once in uncollected and master. Theres no way his auto block is ever inactive.
  • one technique to beating MODOK uncollected is use AA. stun then heavy attack then repeat. normally on the 2nd or 3rd heavy you can already inflict neurotoxin. if you can stack 2-3 neurotoxins than will deal massive damage over time to MODOK.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twlHtoypT5o

0:20 Instead of evading the easy first special, the game decides to block/parry, forcing unnecessary damage.

0:31 Then MODOK auto-blocks Ultron's second special while he is stunned. Supposed to happen?

0:35 Annnnd we dive straight into a Kabam novelty, block drop.
  • Grave35Grave35 Posts: 12
    You can see it in the video @Flash_Asher posted, he evades the second part of ultrons special, he gets hit with the blasts and then just evade, but it’s not an evade he just drifts back out of hit range and counters. What is that?does he have an auto evade?
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    "One at a time command" That's what it is for us! We can't attack and block at the same time which is unfair when the Ai can do damage and block or counter while blocking. This is the same with broken evade!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I thought it was me.

Was attempting to 100% master for the first time, get to modok with barely any health lost then get wiped out by autoblock and getting bashed at the same time.

I can live with autoblock as an ingame mechanic but the AI's ability to block and hit in one action is a scam.
    I've just finished uncollected ice Phoenix 100% trying to decide if I should
    Wait to do the other 6 runs at modok. Any more word please mods?
    , there are some Good tips here, I think I could do it with archangel, crossbones, and elektra (But this lag is out of hand, the amount of times my champs just decided not to swipe back and then full revive needed against ice Phoenix is really frustrating)
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Seems to be an issue of auto-block happening and then him going unstoppable for a second in order to fire off a special or hit us. No other auto-block champ reacts this way.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I think the AI has changed. I did 5 runs using lots of units then it got easier. It's good that the issue was identified and fixed, would now be great if we were compensated for the units while the issue was there. Raised a ticket but they suggested looking here and raising it but seems others have noticed this too.
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    god tier now and nerf later, so kabam style...
This discussion has been closed.