**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When diversity doesn’t matter anymore :/ (see pic)

Ok. Well congrats, we’re right back at it. To be fair I have a 5/50 magik 99 and a duped 3/45 magik (both on defense) what else did they expect to happen??ye6r9d7bi2cd.png

Comments

• Lol i just made a post about this. It's disaster.. mystics everywhere with full MD. Kabam not very forward thinking it seems
  • IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    Also Icemans and nightcrawlers. Rediculous. Diversity wasn’t a bad thing. It forced some creativity on the part of defenders
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    So what, f diversity.... That was the worse **** they did... Blade and Arch angel can kill magik.
  • Yup, but kabam is prideful and would not listen. All we needed was kills to matter. That's it!! No fun dying to MD, really makes you want to quit
    They are going to nerf md. You may have missed that post. But also, I want war to be fun. Harder nodes so specific champs are fun and challenging to fight. Like antman on the path seven final node. They can clearly do it.
  • My war has NC, Magik, Mephisto, and tons of Dormammu everywhere!!!
    Pretty much more item use. More revenue for Kasbam
    They went back to a money grab. War used to be all about reviving and potions. Now it is again. And clearly I know that @Armaganon00 as I brought my blade 🤣🤣
    Yup! Break out your wallets, pay to win war is back!! (I will not be paying)
  • If they fix MD and dorm unavoidable damage then we have something. @Firesteel_Baron . There's no skill involved with dying from variables that you have no control over.
    Fair. But only 100% ability redux champs help. May take up crossbones for magik. Blade only has 85% with starky. And it seems to work 15% of the time.....
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ahhhh just awesome. Fun wars are back!
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    IMWeasel wrote: »
    They are going to nerf md. You may have missed that post. But also, I want war to be fun. Harder nodes so specific champs are fun and challenging to fight. Like antman on the path seven final node. They can clearly do it.

please link the post announcing a nerf for mystic dispersion. thanks

It’s in the summoners sanctom
  • @IMWeasel crossbones for magik your insane all those fury buffs fuel md
    Technically a poll but history shows what’s follows those polls. They’re gathering feedback to gauge how much wrath will be received from a pending change
  • Try either dr voodoo, starlord, or blade
    Have blade at 60 dupe four star and unduped five star. Also have a 5/50 voodoo at 80. Thoughts??
    Could use starky and two blades for war
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196

It’s in the summoners sanctom

im skeptical that this is a real thing, link me a kabam employee explicitly saying they plan of nerfing mystic dispersion
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Now diversity is gone... everyone wants it back hahaha
    You’re being abrasive. I just said it was a poll, but the polls are almost always followed by action. They wouldn’t have them otherwise. But I yield to your superior being. You are truly the better person! When it happens you may come and apologize but you won’t.
    @DarkestDestroyer I never had an issue with diversity. I would prefer wars with diversity to wars where you have a bunch of people not playing because they don’t have one of the three champs needed to play
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Not a fan of diversity ... magik Is not too bad to deal against voodoo , arch , power drain champ , power lock and blade.
    Uc and juggy power drain or power lock
    But I still struggle to evade sp1 of spidey
  • Cable wrote: »
    Lets face it Kabam saw a drop in revenue from diversity and decreased diversity points so that we would go back to mystic wars. #moneygrab

Nope. This is a side effect of several changes happening in sequence. When diversity points were first introduced they arrived simultaneously with a change to the maps that made nodes trivially easy to knock over. This made mystic dispersion largely worthless, because it was too easy to kill almost any defender on any node. When they started increasing the node difficulty after realizing that the nodes were dialed down too easy and because players complained the maps were too trivially easy to 100% complete the increased difficulty *alone* was enough to start encouraging alliances to experiment with non-diverse defenses.

What people are seeing now isn't a sudden reaction to the current AW situation, its the natural consequence of the fact that if nodes are too easy the defender doesn't matter and diversity points are all-important, but if nodes are hard enough the defender matters a great deal and diversity points can be ignored if you can place a strong enough defense, mystic dispersion or otherwise.

People *want* to place their strongest defenders, and in every iteration of AW recently they either had a gun to their head telling them not to, or that gun was slowly pulled away and allowed the players to do what they already wanted to do. Reducing diversity points and reintroducing attacker kill points addresses some of the worst problems with 15.0 and 16.0 AW, but it reintroduces the 14.0 problem of mystic dispersion and non-unique defenders. That problem needs to be addressed separately, not with diversity point tweaks but better node design.
  • Just put on your big boy pants and deal with it, it’s a war for crying out loud! Or just place the same defence and use your skills to beat the opponent at their own game!
    Really you guys always have something to complain!
  • Only issue i have is juggs r4 MD 5.. and dorm m5. You evade and basically dead. If they would have fixed this early in war it still would have been good