People tanking in battlegrounds

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

It's also funny how people wouldn't bother doing it in the GC. Only in the VT, when they know there are weaker Players and no Rank Rewards.

Yes, because players are trying to optimise their points. In order to do that they need to get wins with Elder Marks then take losses with energy.
    Platimum is the optimal location to do it as the match making is open season there, guaranting lopsided match ups.

Any system that incetivises tanking is flawed.
    The system is not responsible for people taking advantage of it. The ones who suffer are the people genuinely trying to progress.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I just want to qualify what I said previously.

I’m tanking 100% of my fights, and in one of the lowest levels.

I’m essentially giving away around 50 total fights. That way I can generate a base of around 130000 points before moving up, removing the need to screw around with gimmicks later. It only benefits the community, and I am the one paying for it (with a purchase of marks).

These days, I’m a bit of a whale. I have 6 R2s, and an unclear number of R5s. When I start moving, it will be ugly for some folks. But, it will start with gifting 50 fights, and with no sandbagging for easy fights later. I feel this is the most ethical way to handle it.
    Coppin said:

This is as much cheating as getting milestone points during Hero Use auto burning energy in RTLL with 7*s...

No, it's not the same. I'm not calling it cheating, because that's a bit of a rabbit hole, but it's not healthy. When you have a game mode with a Tiered system like this, what you do affects the whole chain of progress. When you have Players faking their level out to take out weaker Players, you're skewing the results, both for the Players getting a bye, and for the Players being taken advantage of. It's not good.
    When you're talking about Hero Use, you're not affecting other Players in a Ranked competition. You're coming up against permanent content.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

This is as much cheating as getting milestone points during Hero Use auto burning energy in RTLL with 7*s...

No, it's not the same. I'm not calling it cheating, because that's a bit of a rabbit hole, but it's not healthy. When you have a game mode with a Tiered system like this, what you do affects the whole chain of progress. When you have Players faking their level out to take out weaker Players, you're skewing the results, both for the Players getting a bye, and for the Players being taken advantage of. It's not good.
    When you're talking about Hero Use, you're not affecting other Players in a Ranked competition. You're coming up against permanent content.
    Are we gonna get on this endless conversation again?...
    Cause if the system was flawless and the spirit of competition was enforced Conq/UC/Cav would have never gotten to Plat...
    Also they are getting screwed on rank rewards on my example.
    Tanking is also benefitting smaller accounts.. some are being pushed upper tiers they would never be able to reach.. (which means more rewards)
    It's not benefitting anyone. It's passing every other Fight along to be bait for the next person. It's garbage tactics.
    What of the people genuinely trying to play and advance? Should they just wait weeks because some shady Players want a few 7* Shards?
    No one is benefitting from this other than the people milking it. It's self-serving all-around.
    They had to intervene with Matchmaking once already because of this ****, and people weren't happy at all. Here we are with it coming up again.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Cause if the system was flawless and the spirit of competition was enforced Conq/UC/Cav would have never gotten to Plat...
    Tanking is also benefitting smaller accounts.. some are being pushed upper tiers they would never be able to reach.. (which means more rewards)
    It's not benefitting anyone. It's passing every other Fight along to be bait for the next person. It's garbage tactics.
    What of the people genuinely trying to play and advance? Should they just wait weeks because some shady Players want a few 7* Shards?
    No one is benefitting from this other than the people milking it. It's self-serving all-around.
    Its funny cause u got small accounts complaining about how the matchmaking system is at plat, and they can't even do objectives once they reached... and now they can 🤷
    I wouldn't call it a garbage tactice since the matching system is garbage from the get go...
    Just a few 7* shards... U should look at all the mileston rewards.. its not "Just" 7* its 6* shards, r4 and r5 mats open to ALL PROGRESSIONS.
    It's garbage.
    I have no issues with people complaining. It's understandable, but I've also taken the time to point out It's how the system should be at this point. Let them complain about the adjustment. They'll get used to it once they're aware that's how it is.
    What I don't condone is people manipulating the system. That leads to many more issues than just someone unhappy they're in the shark tank in Plat.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Its funny cause u got small accounts complaining about how the matchmaking system is at plat, and they can't even do objectives once they reached... and now they can 🤷
    I wouldn't call it a garbage tactice since the matching system is garbage from the get go...
    Just a few 7* shards... U should look at all the mileston rewards.. its not "Just" 7* its 6* shards, r4 and r5 mats open to ALL PROGRESSIONS.
    It's garbage.
    I have no issues with people complaining. It's understandable, but I've also taken the time to point out It's how the system should be at this point. Let them complain about the adjustment. They'll get used to it once they're aware that's how it is.
    What I don't condone is people manipulating the system. That leads to many more issues than just someone unhappy they're in the shark tank in Plat.
    You are always advocating about their ability to ne engaged and get some rewards... At plat they would probably have a 20% win rate.. making the ability to get points towards milestone rewards almost unreachable.. this way they get a chance to really good rewards that are not even gated to progression.. U will see UC with R4 mats...
    The system so far is garbage and it has been garbage since season 2...I don't see any manipulation when the system has been manipulated during 7 seasons
    I was, and still am, vocal about letting Players start out with a chance of winning. Which is exactly what I'm defending. The system allows them to have a modicum of success in the first few Brackets, and still maintains the spirit of a real competition.
    Without that, this kind of thing would be happening in Bronze, and they'd never get anywhere.
    The system hasn't been manipulated. It's been protected from manipulating.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

It's garbage.
    You are always advocating about their ability to ne engaged and get some rewards... At plat they would probably have a 20% win rate.. making the ability to get points towards milestone rewards almost unreachable.. this way they get a chance to really good rewards that are not even gated to progression.. U will see UC with R4 mats...
    The system so far is garbage and it has been garbage since season 2...I don't see any manipulation when the system has been manipulated during 7 seasons
    I was, and still am, vocal about letting Players start out with a chance of winning. Which is exactly what I'm defending. The system allows them to have a modicum of success in the first few Brackets, and still maintains the spirit of a real competition.
    Without that, this kind of thing would be happening in Bronze, and they'd never get anywhere.

Lettting players start with a chance of winning and spirit of competition in the same text?.. not possible..
    Yes it is. When you have a range of Player strengths this large in one competition, you don't have a choice. You're forgetting what led to the need to intervene is the same thing people are doing in Plat now. They want to complain about the system, but they don't want to stop messing with it. It's ridiculous.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

It's garbage.

Lettting players start with a chance of winning and spirit of competition in the same text?.. not possible..
    Yes it is. When you have a range of Player strengths this large in one competition, you don't have a choice. You're forgetting what led to the need to intervene is the same thing people are doing in Plat now. They want to complain about the system, but they don't want to stop messing with it. It's ridiculous.
    This is spirit of competition

https://youtu.be/8rqI8xwXVac

Being catered a bunch of similar matches to get rewards is far from it...

No one is catered anything. It's about starting at the same starting line.
    Fairness might be a term that's open to interpretation, but it sure isn't using the system to manipulate an outcome so you can take advantage of the weakest Players. You don't need to be a theologian to understand that.
    Coppin said:

Fairness might be a term that's open to interpretation, but it sure isn't using the system to manipulate an outcome so you can take advantage of the weakest Players. You don't need to be a theologian to understand that.

Being sheltered up to plat is not being catered?... Ok.. in my opinion it creates the sense of entitlement... Cause they got the easy pass to Plat and then they start asking why can't they keep on moving foward... Why they start facing Paragons...
    And Fairness is actually a term that has no interpretation... Its either fair or its not... There is no different levels of fair..
    They don't get an "easy pass". They win the Matches they're given, and it's not as weak as you're letting on. I know this from my own experience. I've met a range of Accounts on the way to Plat. Not just everyone of equal Roster.
    What's the alternative? You would rather everyone from UC to Paragon (also lower this Season) to be random from Bronze 3?
    How do you think that would turn out? Honest answer.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Being sheltered up to plat is not being catered?... Ok.. in my opinion it creates the sense of entitlement... Cause they got the easy pass to Plat and then they start asking why can't they keep on moving foward... Why they start facing Paragons...
    And Fairness is actually a term that has no interpretation... Its either fair or its not... There is no different levels of fair..
    They don't get an "easy pass". They win the Matches they're given, and it's not as weak as you're letting on. I know this from my own experience. I've met a range of Accounts on the way to Plat. Not just everyone of equal Roster.
    What's the alternative? You would rather everyone from UC to Paragon (also lower this Season) to be random from Bronze 3?
    How do you think that would turn out? Honest answer.
    You are an anomaly as you have claimed many times.. you might not be Paragon; but you are very close to a Paragon roster...
    They do get an easy pass, even easier this season since Conquerors are in the mix...
    I'll give u an example... You said you had a "Range"... My range has been players from 17k-18.5k prestiege... I didn't have a shelter to face a cap of 16k players...
    Its funny you are telling me they don't get an easy pass and then admit they get an easy pass by asking me how it would turn out...
    You already know my answer by all the times we argued this... The matchmaking system is garbage due to the game mode being garbage, YOU CAN'T HAVE 4 or 5 progression levels or divisions or whatever you wanna call them competing in the same pool and expect FAIRNESS
    I'm at 13k Prestige, and my range hasn't just been 1k. Not sure what you've been up against.
    What I'm telling you is you cannot by any definition, allow such a gap in Player strengths from the get-go, and call it fair by any definition.
    Add to that the Players camping out by tanking for the easy Wins.
    Anyway, I'll move on. It's obvious we have different views on this. I can agree to disagree.

Anyway, I'll move on. It's obvious we have different views on this. I can agree to disagree.

I just don't get you though...
    You wanted them engaged, you wanted them to get rewards, you wanted them to participate, people are getting them extra rewards by pushing them to tiers that they would probably never reach for 1 season only...
    This is on Kabam, add on top of that elder marks are not even giving the right ammount of points...
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    I often use 3* champs and let it auto-play just to get 48 hours solo event rewards.
    Coppin said:

I just don't get you though...
    You wanted them engaged, you wanted them to get rewards, you wanted them to participate, people are getting them extra rewards by pushing them to tiers that they would probably never reach for 1 season only...
    This is on Kabam, add on top of that elder marks are not even giving the right ammount of points...
    This isn't on Kabam. In no way, shape, or form did Kabam tell people to throw Matches to stay in easy Tiers and milk the Wins.
    This is on the Players who are looking to take advantage in any way they can. I don't even completely fault them because that's what Players do. What I don't cosign is the idea that it somehow benefits everyone, and Kabam is at fault.
    Just because Kabam sets Rewards for an Event doesn't mean they intended Players to get them at the expense of the system.
    Smaller Accounts are a part of the competition, whether you agree with it or not. That ship has sailed.
    As they are there, it's not reasonable to bash them around Bronze every Season and tell them "Tough!".
    Pikok said:

All those strategies are existing because matchmaking is manipulated. Sandbaging existed because Kabam did matchmaking based on deck strength. After changing matchmaking to prestige based lot of small accounts advanced to GC while some paragons were strugling in bronze ranks. So they changed matchmaking to be random from plat ranks. Now wins farming exist bcos of that. Every action has a consequence.
    Non of that would exist if matchmaking will be random and progress will not reset after every season.

That Matchmaking was the direct result of people sandbagging to begin with. You have people screwing with the system, then complaining because Kabam had to intervene, and then blaming Kabam for their choice to screw with the system again. At what point do these people take responsibility?

Smaller Accounts are a part of the competition, whether you agree with it or not. That ship has sailed.
    As they are there, it's not reasonable to bash them around Bronze every Season and tell them "Tough!".

Its not fair that I am sweating matches between 17-18k Prestiege all the way to Plat either while others are limited to fight Conqueros, UC and Cav...
    You said it yourself.. you are in Diamond... Had trouble other seasons.. this has been strange match ups... I honestly don't know if you would have made it out of Plat with a 13k prestiege roster... And I am not poking, I am seriously not doing that... But if people didn't send smaller accounts it might have been tough for a lot of accounts to even reach Diamond.. specially in this season that engages the largest pool of people...
  • PikokPikok Member Posts: 156 ★★
    Imagine similar manipulating in AW. Oh yeah we had that :smile: Kabam could avoid all of that if they not mess with matchmaking. Hope they will not mess another change in bg matchmaking in season 10.