**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Harsher quitting punishments are needed

Anyone who has done BG’s this month with any seriousness has noticed that the amount of paragons in victory track is extremely high because they are purposefully quitting and losing so they don’t advance tiers so they can continue to farm points in lower ranks. This is extremely unfair to everyone else and I don’t think it was ever intended for BG’s to be able to be farmed in. It completely ruins the purpose of it as a PVP and ranked game mode. There needs to be harsher punishments for quitting matches so you can’t just win with your marks and then burn energy to maintain your tier and then go back to using marks for points while you face lower opponents.

Comments

• Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 742 ★★★★
    You can't penalise players for not winning, also known as losing. Thinking of a system that does would be moronic.
    Simplest solution is: get a bigger roster and become one of those paragon players who bully the little fishes.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Forums never fail to surprise.
    This post is hilarious 😂
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I would like to see them too! I've spent all day in G1. Started with no wins in g1. Won two, lost two. Won one, lost two. And did this 3 times. Then won one and lost one by 800 pts in rd3 (actually lost due to time from stingy AI and rng)....then lost two more. I've gained 1 stinking dot all day.

• Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    I was so excited for BG during the beta and haven't really been again since the armor season. I'm really only playing now because my usual war rewards are in BG, but I'm still only working through gold because the game mode just isn't that fun for me to play for hours and hours on end.

As for paragons who are purposefully forfeiting and ranking, when they play seriously they should still be getting matched against other paragons or well developed TB rosters. When they aren't, you're getting easy points for a free win at the expense of their energy/elder marks, so what's the need to manufacture a punishment for them?
  • Options
    EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    It takes twice as many losses to move down as it takes wins to move up. So their actually giving you twice as many free wins to move up as fights that you might lose against them
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    This definitely needed a second thread.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

We need more quitters to help me advance!!

That's not actually helping anyone advance. It's playing the board like a xylophone.
    Let some guys ahead, then get them on the way up after some easy Wins for Solo.
  • Options

BeastDad said:

That's not actually helping anyone advance. It's playing the board like a xylophone.
    So with complete disregard to skill level and roster depth, these accounts are getting two tokens for free from a forfeited win/2* deck, and then only lose one when the bigger account plays seriously, but that's not helping them progress?

It's totally fine if you don't think it's ethical or that it's not the intent of the game mode, but you've spent pages worth of comments across multiple threads saying that it's detrimental to players and haven't once been able to actually explain why.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

It is literally helping them advance, verbatim.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

This so called farming will be non existent after this season, people are only doing it to get to the stupidly high point milestones that Kabam set out for the extra rewards. Why stress about it, if they're quitting out on you then you're getting a free win 🤷‍♂️

This isn’t true, it’s happened for several seasons now and will continue until something is done about beating up on small accounts for point gain.

It’s the equivalent of alliance shelling on an individual level and it’s dishonest cheating in my opinion.
  • Options
    AwesometimeTvAwesometimeTv Posts: 28
    Caleb1705 said:

BeastDad said:

So with complete disregard to skill level and roster depth, these accounts are getting two tokens for free from a forfeited win/2* deck, and then only lose one when the bigger account plays seriously, but that's not helping them progress?

It's totally fine if you don't think it's ethical or that it's not the intent of the game mode, but you've spent pages worth of comments across multiple threads saying that it's detrimental to players and haven't once been able to actually explain why.
    You assume that this just happens 1 match and then it’s over for a couple matches. This season has been so bad that I have been on multiple losing streaks of 5-10 matches and have been barely able to progress at all. I have talked to many people who just get hard stuck because they just keep facing paragons over and over and over. Theoretically you are right but in practice there’s so much losing for l anyone besides a decently built paragon account because these big accounts are farming wins.
  • Options
    AwesometimeTvAwesometimeTv Posts: 28
    Crys23 said:

You can't penalise players for not winning, also known as losing. Thinking of a system that does would be moronic.
    Simplest solution is: get a bigger roster and become one of those paragon players who bully the little fishes.

I’m not talking about punishing players for not winning. I’m saying punish players for quitting matches. Lots of games have punishments for quitting in ranked modes because it screws with your ranking without being a win or a true loss so you can manipulate it to take advantage of the system hence which is happening here. The ability to quit without a punishment to manipulate your rank completely ruins the integrity of a ranked PvP mode
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Mackey said:

This so called farming will be non existent after this season, people are only doing it to get to the stupidly high point milestones that Kabam set out for the extra rewards. Why stress about it, if they're quitting out on you then you're getting a free win 🤷‍♂️

They’re bringing seeded starts to BGs in the future which will shorten the path to GC and might incentivize this behavior. Of course, after this season the solo rewards may be insignificant enough that people don’t bother.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Crys23 said:

I’m not talking about punishing players for not winning. I’m saying punish players for quitting matches. Lots of games have punishments for quitting in ranked modes because it screws with your ranking without being a win or a true loss so you can manipulate it to take advantage of the system hence which is happening here. The ability to quit without a punishment to manipulate your rank completely ruins the integrity of a ranked PvP mode
    The issue is that you are not looking at the whole picture...
    This season BGs dont matter as much as the milestone rewards, they are being punished by forfeiting, they get a coin taken away; it affects the BG aspect not the solo and alliance milestones...
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 742 ★★★★

Crys23 said:

Then you know what the solution will be? I will find a match, set my phone down and go make myself a snack. Or just set let the phone sit next to me while I watch TV. So, technically, I'm still "playing out" the match. But my opponent will have to wait through all the timers for banning, each draft round, picking a defender and attacker and before entering the fight. And if I'm really bored, instead of letting myself get KO'ed in first 15 seconds, I will hit the pause button and make the opponent wait the full 2minutes till he gets to win the round.
    So, instead of someone getting a free win in 5 seconds, it will take 10 freaking minutes. Imagine the forum threads then.

You can't come up with a punishement for hitting the Forfeit button. It's not a crime to quit, simply because you can't impose your will on me, when I should win.
    Also, if there weren't any modders in GC, people wouldn't feel the need to point farm in VT as much. They just want to get best value from their elder marks.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

Caleb1705 said:

BeastDad said:

You assume that this just happens 1 match and then it’s over for a couple matches. This season has been so bad that I have been on multiple losing streaks of 5-10 matches and have been barely able to progress at all. I have talked to many people who just get hard stuck because they just keep facing paragons over and over and over. Theoretically you are right but in practice there’s so much losing for l anyone besides a decently built paragon account because these big accounts are farming wins.
    Lot of assumptions on your part. Why, with my bigger paragon acct (of 3) i lost twice to much lower level thronebreakers using energy and poor playing but i dug down deep, using that elders mark, and won against another paragon with fewer r5s and 7r2s than me. It was so draining, I'll have to take a break for 48 hrs or so. Lucky i got 800 tokens for my efforts and didn't quit once!

But yeah. Quitters.
  • Options

Caleb1705 said:

BeastDad said:

Can I ask what your battle deck looks like and how far you've already made it in VT? BG by design isn't meant for every player to advance through every progression level and it's also not meant to be the penultimate piece of content in the game.