**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Root not working!

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 949 ★★★★
I just fought Red Hulk in Labyrinth with Zemo and he used an sp3 while rooted. Prior to the patch release they were specifically special locked and it seems the feature is bugged, allowing them to just special whenever they want and making root useless! @Kabam Miike can you pass this to the team please?

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    It's was bugged before, now it's been fixed
  • Options
    IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 257 ★★
    Yes it’s funny, now zemo is even more useless then he already was. I can’t think of one solid reason to rank him other then prestige 😂
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Can Kraven still do this 🤔 why can’t Zemo have fun
    https://youtu.be/-SORZu8SHZA
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

That’s me playing Kraven in the video before the patch
  • Options

No that doesn’t make any sense, the enemy shouldn’t be able to throw specials during root.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

No that doesn’t make any sense, the enemy shouldn’t be able to throw specials during root.
    Where does it say they can't?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Actually... That's how u get out of root...
    On the Zemo note... I think rank down tickets are needed... I find him a bit trashy now that I can't lock him from sp3...
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I've posted a similar comment in another thread, so sorry for saying this twice, but:

Kabam haven't changed Zemo, and they haven't changed Root. They've changed the behaviour of AI when a defender is Rooted.

I was watching these videos for the 'Zemo Lock fairly recently:
    https://youtu.be/F_TuR1Ix8Ng
    https://youtu.be/5pemTJKVBT4

It took me less than ten seconds of watching the videos to say to myself "Well, they aren't letting that stay in the game..."

I mean, heck, the second one even calls it an 'Illegal Rotation'.

If it wasn't blindingly obvious to players that infinitely Root-Locking and killing virtually any opponent in the game was an Exploit, then that's their short-sightedness, I'm afraid.

The Zemo Lock was never an 'ability'. It was an unintentional Exploit with a predictably limited lifespan.
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    Manup456 said:

hey thats my video😂. appreciate the watch lmao
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    hi_im_sir said:

Manup456 said:

Manup456 said:

🧐
  • Options

hi_im_sir said:

Manup456 said:

Manup456 said:

🧐
    We’re in the same alli.
  • Options

I've posted a similar comment in another thread, so sorry for saying this twice, but:

Kabam haven't changed Zemo, and they haven't changed Root. They've changed the behaviour of AI when a defender is Rooted.

It took me less than ten seconds of watching the videos to say to myself "Well, they aren't letting that stay in the game..."

If it wasn't blindingly obvious to players that infinitely Root-Locking and killing virtually any opponent in the game was an Exploit, then that's their short-sightedness, I'm afraid.

The Zemo Lock was never an 'ability'. It was an unintentional Exploit with a predictably limited lifespan.

That is such a terrible way of seeing it, root is completely useless unless it stops specials from being launched.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Root is useless if you cannot special lock the opponent?

Ever heard of baiting specials? It's a thing you can do in the game. Might help.

• Options

hi_im_sir said:

Manup456 said:

Manup456 said:

🧐
    We’re in the same alli.
    ooo ark is that you
  • Options

Ever heard of baiting specials? It's a thing you can do in the game. Might help.

if thats the case the root timer should be prolonged in attack. theres not enough time to get a decent amount of hits in and bait a special
  • Options

if thats the case doom should never have been released. he has an infinite lock against most champs in the game. after awhile they started making nodes to counter it. kabam could just make root immune champs or root immune nodes
  • Options

Tell me you’ve never played any of the root champs without telling me you haven’t played them.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

That is such a terrible way of seeing it, root is completely useless unless it stops specials from being launched.
    Useless?

When Zemo inflicts root, this also:
    1. Inflicts a permanent 50% Decelerate
    2. Completely prevents Miss
    3. Means all hits inflict a permanent bleed
    4. Reduces the opponents combat power by 40%
    5. Increases Zemo's combat power by 40%
    That doesn't sound useless to me.

You'll just need to play around your opponents Special Attacks more, which the -40% Combat Power is clearly designed to help with. It should allow you to batter your opponent for a reasonable length of time whilst Root is up, without pushing them to an SP3.

As an general rule, the SP3 is the main thing you need to prevent your opponent getting access to. Because it can't be blocked, Evade, Miss, etc. It's reliable and usually dangerous.

Root wasn't meant to counter that - in fact it's inherent in the wording for Root that Special Attacks were always intended to counter Root. If champions weren't responding correctly to being Rooted before, and were failing to use their SP3, then that has rightly been fixed.

I'm sorry that you didn't see it coming, but if you give it some thought, is it really such a surprise?
  • Options

Useless?

You'll just need to play around your opponents Special Attacks more, which the -40% Combat Power is clearly designed to help with. It should allow you to batter your opponent for a reasonable length of time whilst Root is up, without pushing them to an SP3.

As an general rule, the SP3 is the main thing you need to prevent your opponent getting access to. Because it can't be blocked, Evade, Miss, etc. It's reliable and usually dangerous.

Root wasn't meant to counter that - in fact it's inherent in the wording for Root that Special Attacks were always intended to counter Root. If champions weren't responding correctly to being Rooted before, and were failing to use their SP3, then that has rightly been fixed.

I'm sorry that you didn't see it coming, but if you give it some thought, is it really such a surprise?
    Have you ever even played any of them? Especially Kraven. Do you know that he can lock down Rhulk amounts of hp? Nerfing that requires a proper explanation and compensation. He is unusable now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Useless?

Have you ever even played any of them? Especially Kraven. Do you know that he can lock down Rhulk amounts of hp? Nerfing that requires a proper explanation and compensation. He is unusable now.
    For the most part, I agree, but you're being very loose with the term "unusable"

He was that good because of a bug, and the bug has now been fixed. It's reasonable to ask for rank down tokens, but there's a lot more to these champions than the bug you ranked them up for.
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    Great KABAM.. Gambit relic, and now Zemo !!
  • Options

Useless?

For the most part, I agree, but you're being very loose with the term "unusable"

He was that good because of a bug, and the bug has now been fixed. It's reasonable to ask for rank down tokens, but there's a lot more to these champions than the bug you ranked them up for.
    They issued rank down tickets for Moleman because of a bugfix, Kraven has been released 2 years ago and now they "bugfix" him. This requires the same level of compensation.
  • Options
    ISO17 said:

Pretty sure the whole idea with zemos root was to only have to bait heavies from the defender. Not once did a defender ever use a special to break out of root before. It totally destroys the idea of root to begin with, if you still have to bait specials and watch the power bars why the heck have the mechanic to begin with?? It makes it completely useless

I know, it’s insane to me how many people don’t get that…
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Tell me you’ve never played any of the root champs without telling me you haven’t played them.
    Zemo, loads. Rank 4 sig 100. Never needed your imagined special lock.

Kraven, not much because lots of skill champs are way better.

But I can read and comprehend. Try it some time.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

There's no way you've used Zemo or Kraven without the special 1&2 lock. That behaviour is what enables you to keep hitting the opponent and they just keep throwing heavies
  • Options

There's no way you've used Zemo or Kraven without the special 1&2 lock. That behaviour is what enables you to keep hitting the opponent and they just keep throwing heavies
    that special lock was so op i almost solo'd abyss collector with zemo