**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ANNOUNCING EVENT QUEST: HOTEL M.O.D.O.K

Comments

• same..damn ice phoenix
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    I really like the text box changes for this event and the zoom in on characters. I know it's not a major change, but it just feels a little more appropriate for the context and style of this game.
  • Asoul9999Asoul9999 Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    (removed by moderation) joke
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    You know, @GroundedWisdom would somewhat be right if you didn't need BOTH t1a and t2a. I never understood why that was the case for alpha's, it's not like that for any other of the catalyst.

For 4*s you need t3cc and basics as well as Tier 4...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You know, @GroundedWisdom would somewhat be right if you didn't need BOTH t1a and t2a. I never understood why that was the case for alpha's, it's not like that for any other of the catalyst.

For 4*s you need t3cc and basics as well as Tier 4...

Sure but not at the same time. And not for the highest level
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    As much as Kabam has been insulting to me with majority of their development and deployment of their game mode - I call ice Phoenix a fair challenge.

She's purely about skill and player level. You need a 5* champion at rank 4 with decent damage output and health and then you need to play near perfect to get past her. You're intentionally left with very little health. Playing smart and near perfect will get you there. Having stark Spidey or Mephysto or rogue only makes it a little bit easier.

It's not designed for everyone to get past her.

The rewards are cool enough t5b fragments and whole bunch of other nice stuff including 6* shards - only the best of us should get it...

I'd say at least the heal block should not be permanent if it is. It's punishing enough we have to play near perfect, having a healing champ should give you the bit of edge over her as much as having the three above champs does.

No it's not. It's really lazy design. "Hey we need to make it hard and make players spend a lot of units" - "Just put a ton of unavoidable damage and a heal block in".

It's not fun, it's not a challenge it depends on how much units you have and if you have the single champ in the game that is immune.

M.O.D.O.K himself is the opposite of that. He is a really good defender and hard to fight, but he can be beaten with skill if you are able to adapt your attack patterns. Ice Phönix is just Kabam style BS.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    As much as Kabam has been insulting to me with majority of their development and deployment of their game mode - I call ice Phoenix a fair challenge.

She's purely about skill and player level. You need a 5* champion at rank 4 with decent damage output and health and then you need to play near perfect to get past her. You're intentionally left with very little health. Playing smart and near perfect will get you there. Having stark Spidey or Mephysto or rogue only makes it a little bit easier.

It's not designed for everyone to get past her.

The rewards are cool enough t5b fragments and whole bunch of other nice stuff including 6* shards - only the best of us should get it...

I'd say at least the heal block should not be permanent if it is. It's punishing enough we have to play near perfect, having a healing champ should give you the bit of edge over her as much as having the three above champs does.

You don’t even need a rank 4 5*. I have a 5* star Lord and 5* yondu both at rank 3. They survive with about a quarter health left when I boost them.
  • I'm pleased that the new difficulty is been added but I seriously miss the days and joys of exploring real master quest, this seems way more easy and much a liability than fun and excitement please bring back the old difficulties of master mode.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I'm pleased that the new difficulty is been added but I seriously miss the days and joys of exploring real master quest, this seems way more easy and much a liability than fun and excitement please bring back the old difficulties of master mode.

My friend difficulty has been scaled. If you want difficult play uncollected.

If you want master quest to be difficult use 3 stars.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Master quest hasn't been difficult in ages. Maybe it never was and I just got better and have better champs. But IDK that it needed to be nerfed. Don't really care though
  • Gwendoline wrote: »
    Please remove all 5* shards from all levels of event quest rewards and replace with 4 t1 alphas for all the cry babies

They wouldn't logically include T1As with that level of content either way, not in my opinion.

Why not? I know you don’t believe there is an alpha shortage, so I won’t bring that up, but can we take a moment and talk about the increase in t4b and t4c’s over the last few months?

Because they where barely anywhere for a long time. I had to work my ass of to get some shards and now we get fully formed catalysts just by logging in. AQ rewards have been redone in a way that makes the t4b and t4c more available, act 5 has them, special events have been a lot more frequent and now there is a new monthly increase.

And then I didn’t even mention the 5* shards yet. I’m getting them faster then I make milk (remember, 4 month old son, so I make lots of milk. He takes away a lot of my playing time and still I accumilate 5* champs way faster then when I was pregnant). Now we get even more shards. If you’re stocked up on gold, which I know not everybody is, but a lot are, then the only thing that keeps people from ranking anything is t4a. And with act 5 giving gold and the soon to return gold quest, people that lack it right now will be good soon.

And don’t even start about glory, it replaced, didn’t increase or decrease, it replaced the alpha and revives/heals. However glory did not replace map 3 crystals as you keep claiming, map 5 crystals replaced map 3 crystals, making once again the t4b and t4c more available, but not the t4a.

The people doing the uncollected difficulty are the same people that are currently bothered by these unbalanced rewards. The 5* champs need a high amount of ta1 but still everything else keeps increasing (5* shards, t4b, t4c, t2a, t5b, gold) but the t1a haven’t increased in ages.

So please tell me how, in your opinion, rewarding players that need t1a with t1a would be illogical. Is it just because the content will be hard and should thus not reward easy to get basic material? Because that would make a lot of sense if the t1a had made a similair progression as the t4b and t4c’s, but the alpha’s didn’t.

Simply because a T1A is not a top-level Resource. Same reason you don't get T2Bs from Master.

This is a weird statement to make, given that a) T1As are used in high amounts in 5* champion rank ups and b) master mode difficulty awards more T1A than heroic or normal mode difficulty.

Looking at the reward distributions from normal to heroic to master to uncollected, I believe that uncollected should award 6 T1A. Uncollected difficulty has two times the 4* shards, five times the 5* shards, 3.3 times the T2A fragment, and two times the 5* signature stones. I think it would be reasonable for uncollected to contain about twice the T1a rewards. They could probably add them as one per completion and one per full explore of each uncollected chapter.

I also noticed an oddity in the T4CC rewards between master mode and uncollected. Technically speaking, master mode contains more T4CC rewards. Master has 55 fragment crystals which is 110% of a T4CC crystal (granted, this will be distributed among different classes). Uncollected contains one T4CC crystal. That's less T4CC rewards in total value. That seems off.
  • CELEZECELEZE Posts: 46
    For legend run on the 20th, until what hour can i play for the title? Can anyone tell me please?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Please remove all 5* shards from all levels of event quest rewards and replace with 4 t1 alphas for all the cry babies

They wouldn't logically include T1As with that level of content either way, not in my opinion.

Why not? I know you don’t believe there is an alpha shortage, so I won’t bring that up, but can we take a moment and talk about the increase in t4b and t4c’s over the last few months?

Because they where barely anywhere for a long time. I had to work my ass of to get some shards and now we get fully formed catalysts just by logging in. AQ rewards have been redone in a way that makes the t4b and t4c more available, act 5 has them, special events have been a lot more frequent and now there is a new monthly increase.

And then I didn’t even mention the 5* shards yet. I’m getting them faster then I make milk (remember, 4 month old son, so I make lots of milk. He takes away a lot of my playing time and still I accumilate 5* champs way faster then when I was pregnant). Now we get even more shards. If you’re stocked up on gold, which I know not everybody is, but a lot are, then the only thing that keeps people from ranking anything is t4a. And with act 5 giving gold and the soon to return gold quest, people that lack it right now will be good soon.

And don’t even start about glory, it replaced, didn’t increase or decrease, it replaced the alpha and revives/heals. However glory did not replace map 3 crystals as you keep claiming, map 5 crystals replaced map 3 crystals, making once again the t4b and t4c more available, but not the t4a.

The people doing the uncollected difficulty are the same people that are currently bothered by these unbalanced rewards. The 5* champs need a high amount of ta1 but still everything else keeps increasing (5* shards, t4b, t4c, t2a, t5b, gold) but the t1a haven’t increased in ages.

So please tell me how, in your opinion, rewarding players that need t1a with t1a would be illogical. Is it just because the content will be hard and should thus not reward easy to get basic material? Because that would make a lot of sense if the t1a had made a similair progression as the t4b and t4c’s, but the alpha’s didn’t.

Simply because a T1A is not a top-level Resource. Same reason you don't get T2Bs from Master.

This is a weird statement to make, given that a) T1As are used in high amounts in 5* champion rank ups and b) master mode difficulty awards more T1A than heroic or normal mode difficulty.

Looking at the reward distributions from normal to heroic to master to uncollected, I believe that uncollected should award 6 T1A. Uncollected difficulty has two times the 4* shards, five times the 5* shards, 3.3 times the T2A fragment, and two times the 5* signature stones. I think it would be reasonable for uncollected to contain about twice the T1a rewards. They could probably add them as one per completion and one per full explore of each uncollected chapter.

I also noticed an oddity in the T4CC rewards between master mode and uncollected. Technically speaking, master mode contains more T4CC rewards. Master has 55 fragment crystals which is 110% of a T4CC crystal (granted, this will be distributed among different classes). Uncollected contains one T4CC crystal. That's less T4CC rewards in total value. That seems off.

I suppose I have to disagree. I don't see it in relation to the amount it takes to Rank a 5*. I see it as the level of content versus the level of Resource. Uncollected is the highest Difficulty. T2A is the highest Alpha. I don't see it as being necessary to have them in 4 levels of Difficulty. They're already in 3.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom U never agerd with pepoel one aplha tier1. Im also glady hav Them in. The uncollete. But. Then im sav. The. Tier5b frement then im just say find. Also the 6 shard. Make op for the tier1. But stil need Them. Im understand. We shuld not hav infinlet of Them But. Alest. 5 pair week witout AQ. Becasse then tier4b wuld be a leak.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Modok is starting to piss me off
  • Torino7MTorino7M Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    Modok really was design tô fire EP1 wile is blocking?
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    This has been awesome. So far have made it through each master lab. Some were tricky. Haven’t had to hardly use resources either, just a handful of gold once or twice. Thanks for the sweet event and rewards Kabam @Kabam Miike
  • Was the cut off for legend run 20th December 10am PST as it was released 6th December 10am PST?
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    Was the cut off for legend run 20th December 10am PST as it was released 6th December 10am PST?

@Kabam Doot I hope that it was the whole day of 20th December, because I searched all over the forums for a specific time cutoff and never found an answer. I could only play at the end of the day, and not earlier in the day, and finished before Midnight. I think because it was not specifically mentioned anywhere, that whoever finished with a date stamp of December 20th or prior should be included in the Time Attack list!
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Ain’t everything based off of where they from California so I don’t think the full day is or has ever been an option

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Piviot wrote: »
    Ain’t everything based off of where they from California so I don’t think the full day is or has ever been an option

Vancouver actually, same Time Zone. The Events usually hit 10:00 am PST/PDT, so that would be the Timestamp.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Yup. It was stated specifically in the Announcement that players have 2 weeks from the start of the event to clock in their timings. So that would be 10am PST on the 20th.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    Was the cut off for legend run 20th December 10am PST as it was released 6th December 10am PST?

@Kabam Doot I hope that it was the whole day of 20th December, because I searched all over the forums for a specific time cutoff and never found an answer. I could only play at the end of the day, and not earlier in the day, and finished before Midnight. I think because it was not specifically mentioned anywhere, that whoever finished with a date stamp of December 20th or prior should be included in the Time Attack list!

U snooze u lose Bro!!
  • robby010390robby010390 Posts: 13
    Hi

• Is anybody having trouble with the teleporters on Hot Stone Massage? I’ve fully explored line route A and B but it won’t let me teleport to any other routes? Thanks everyone
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Is anybody having trouble with the teleporters on Hot Stone Massage? I’ve fully explored line route A and B but it won’t let me teleport to any other routes? Thanks everyone

U ikow u Can move in the box where the telpert is.
  • Gamer wrote: »
    Is anybody having trouble with the teleporters on Hot Stone Massage? I’ve fully explored line route A and B but it won’t let me teleport to any other routes? Thanks everyone

Gamer wrote: »

I tried that earlier and it didn’t work but now it’s worked straight away! Thanks

• Was global chat working 3 days earlier