**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Interrupting successful L2s still happening, still no response?? [Closed]

Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Reposting a bug report which was largely ignored on the old forums, but continues to be an issue:

One of the biggest offenders is Gwenpool - her L2 can successfully make contact with the first hit, but fast-recovery AI such as AW, AQ minibosses, and some arena matches can allow the defender to recover from the first hit fast enough to block the football, which completely negates the point of a multi-hit special attack. This is not intended behavior and never has been. This is also not the only champ affected, just one of the easiest to recreate the issue.

Please, please give us some kind of acknowledgement instead of ignoring in favor of the same repeated reports and whine threads.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
    I'm not going to give up on this. Please at least acknowledge the bug, give us some kind of an update?
  • Moonite1Moonite1 Posts: 1
    I agree. That sucks. I've had it happen on multiple occasions. But it's a money earner for Kabam, so I guess it's low priority.
  • demeddemed Posts: 81
    I had the same issue when fighting venom (map 5) with my Ronan (special 2), and nebula (Rocket's Scrapyard) with my Rogue (special 1). While I was successfully using specials when the AI was not blocking, the champions had the chance to successfully recover and actually attack me during the specials.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Can happen with Loki's SA2 also. The first hit connects and starts the special but the enemy can recover and evade the wave then smack you before the final part of the special where he uses his staff for the final blow.
  • AlexsharonAlexsharon Posts: 17
    I've made posts.. I've replied to other people's post and I've even messaged mike about this bug but nothing. It's clearly a bug and I would also like some clarification that it's being looked at and all these posts aren't being ignored.
  • Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
    edited May 2017
    @Kabam Miike Can we PLEASE get some kind of acknowledgement here? I believe we've been more than fair and have kept this from degenerating into the hundreds of Kabam-bashing threads on this forum. We're asking for an answer to a legitimate bug, one every bit as prominent and important as the evade bug or the backflip-whiff bug.
  • "diminishing returns, move on"
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Hey OP, sorry for the delay on this. Could you please provide a bit more information about this so that we can do some further investigating?

- Device type
    - OS type
    - What specific Champions you are fighting against, if possible

We'll then get this info off to our QA team to see if they can reproduce the issue.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey OP, sorry for the delay on this. Could you please provide a bit more information about this so that we can do some further investigating?

- Device type
    - OS type

We'll then get this info off to our QA team to see if they can reproduce the issue.

This is not a device issue. Happening to everyone.

- iPhone 7+
    - Newest release (as of yesterday) & previous one before.
    - All champs
  • nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    It has nothing to do with the device. It is a result of the change to the AI.
  • DorknightDorknight Posts: 19
    It happens on my

- Iphone 6
    - iOS 10.3.2 and previous versions
    - Usually champs with Limber in Arena. I see it happen more in AW but I've seen it happen in AQ as well.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

- Device type
    - OS type

It's not a device issue, I've seen it across many devices and have seen many threads, posts, and chat messages about this since 12.0.

All different people, all different devices, different champions fighting against almost anyone so it's kinda pointless to try to figure out that when it's mainly a problem with the enemy ai reacting to fast, blocking from impossible positions etc.

As far as I know this was already being investigated and known by various admintrors/ mods including you recently.
    Hey OP, sorry that you're still seeing these issues when trying to combo into a Special. We're looking into this currently, and are hoping to have improvements ready for the next release

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/146/specials-no-longer-combo-after-5-hits-please-add-to-known-bugs-under-investigation#latest

Honestly you guys seem to forget a lot about what's going on or just ignore it. This problem isn't going away and isnt just a device issue it's something that happens a lot in addition to tons of other bugs that affect combat.

This happens to yellow jackets 1st and 2nd a lot, I've done a combo then power attacked an enemy with star Lord then hit into a special only to have enemy somehow block when they should be still been in air, etc. It happens a lot in most modes and don't think it's an easy fix just like the autofight bug which still isn't fixed yet.
  • DorknightDorknight Posts: 19
    This isn't about using a special after 5 hits. This is DURING the special animation. She hits them with the beginning of her S2 (kicks them back) and by the time she kicks the bomb at them they are blocking before it hits. The special doesn't connect and enervate isn't applied.
    Dorknight wrote: »
    This isn't about using a special after 5 hits. This is DURING the special animation. She hits them with the beginning of her S2 (kicks them back) and by the time she kicks the bomb at them they are blocking before it hits. The special doesn't connect and enervate isn't applied.

It's a part of it, this is all apart of the same issue with the AI blocking specials in an out of combos. They've known about this bug for quite awhile and have been investigating it for a little while.

Regardless of whether or not or not the special follows a combo or it's a stand alone the problem persists over multiple champions facing multiple ai oppeonts.

So far they really seem to like blocking yellowjacket, groot special one, crossbones a lof,star Lord and many others
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    @Kabam Wolf I've seen it with Loki as well as GwenPool.

Loki's SA2 vrs wolverine (most recent occurrence) on an iPad Pro.

The problem was similar to Cable's SA2 and TMK was corrected in the last patch.

@Darkstar4387 It's a separate issue. The one you are referencing is a result of AI reacting faster, or whatever the cause is. This issue is champions who are actually hit with specials that have multiple moves involved but break out of the animation mid special.
  • AlexsharonAlexsharon Posts: 17
    Yeah it's not a device issue.

It happens when GP kicks the opponent as far as she normally does without hitting the wall. Happens against all champions.
    edited May 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @Kabam Wolf I've seen it with Loki as well as GwenPool.

Loki's SA2 vrs wolverine (most recent occurrence) on an iPad Pro.

The problem was similar to Cable's SA2 and TMK was corrected in the last patch.

@Darkstar4387 It's a separate issue. The one you are referencing is a result of AI reacting faster, or whatever the cause is. This issue is champions who are actually hit with specials that have multiple moves involved but break out of the animation mid special.

And maybe I'm explaining it well enough ? It's still an issue with the ai, combat and whatever. Its an overall issue with them doing things they're not supposed to be able to and that's a part of it.

In general the enemy ai is reacting to fast blocking attacks left and right interrupting combos, blocking a bunch of specials in general and during combos, interrupting ours mid animation and or hitting us after we do ours or just shrugging off abilities, breaking through our blocks for no reason with reg attacks or specials or our blocks failing even when holding it, them attacking our characters when evading, getting extra strides to power attack you when your out of range ,etc.

It's all apart of many ongoing issues with the enemy ai, combat, animations, etc that has gotten out of hand since 12.0 and the introduction of the challenger rating.
  • Fine_DogFine_Dog Posts: 8
    I'm having this same problem with Hyperion. He'll throw the opening punch when the enemy has their guard down, then rise up to use the laser vision and the enemy starts blocking, so none of the incinerate debuffs work.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all on this. The game team is checking into this currently, and are looking to have some improvements released with the next game update. Thank you all for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.