**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Block not working... again

Is anyone else having trouble with block not working at all times? Quite a few of my alliance members (including myself) have had fights start and instantly take a combo to the face. Some are in eq where it's annoying, but restarting the path is fine. But when it happens in BG or aq, that's kind of a big deal. Extremely frustrating, hopefully it's just a few people problem and not another one to add to the pile that is another problem in this already poorly handled month...

Comments

• Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    It's just the alcohol taking effect
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    Seems pretty rough for me, buts its been consistent for me, hasn't just crept up on me like others say it has.
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 143

Yes. Few more latency issues or input response issues

- Either initial block not working or AI damn quick to strike on the run
    - AIs forward dash travels much farther distance than we dashing back. Getting hit 3/5 times
    - AI recovering after throwing special is much quicker and able to dex attackers forward dash.
    - Attacker recovery time is much slower to respond. Eat combo on the face(happens rarely though)
    - Reparry failing to register for physical attacks

PS: am using pixel 7, so can be assured of the device not being the slow to respond

Also using Pixel 7 and all of this is 100% accurate. It was bad last update but this update has been even worse for parry and reparry. Initial block/parry is being missed but I think it is the second part of your point which is causing it. The AI is really really fast. In fact even reparry seems like a result of this because reparry timing is now off. The AI strikes so fast that either we end up blocking if we are lucky or take the second hit to the face.

I would add two more to your list:

- AI recovers too fast and interrupts the attacker with a special.
    - Intercepts are being missed because the AI dash is so much faster that the attacker can't get the hit in time.

IMO the trend is the AI is too fast. Missed inputs are still an issue in itself but the AI speed is making it look even worse.

Proof that missed inputs aren't just a result AI speed (from my experience):

- Using a heavy attack after a successful parry and the Attacker just stands there sometimes
    - Dashing forward or backwards results in the attacker just standing there sometimes

My alliance is also seeing the issue where dashing forward or backwards results in the opposite action being performed.

There is an AI change too. The AI is less susceptible to dash back intercept and wall intercept now. AI many times either stalls or dashes back causing the rhythm to break and intercepting the attacker due to how fast it is and its recovery time is now. I don't mind the AI change but the reaction time and speed are definitely a problem.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

- AIs forward dash travels much farther distance than we dashing back. Getting hit 3/5 times
    - AI recovering after throwing special is much quicker and able to dex attackers forward dash.
    - Attacker recovery time is much slower to respond. Eat combo on the face(happens rarely though)

PS: am using pixel 7, so can be assured of the device not being the slow to respond

So how many combos have you received back to back( i.e defender jumping straight from combo ender to next combo starter without the attacker recovering)?
    My current record is 2 back to back(while exploring act 7.1 last week) followed by a sp2 to the face...
  • Options
    WolvieLoganWolvieLogan Posts: 31

So how many combos have you received back to back( i.e defender jumping straight from combo ender to next combo starter without the attacker recovering)?
    My current record is 2 back to back(while exploring act 7.1 last week) followed by a sp2 to the face...

Faced this once in BG, and once during eq. Both the times it was at beginning of the fight.
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    My *perception* has always been that the first week after an update, input issues peak and gradually taper off. I’ve had the same experience the past week in all game modes - some more prevalent than others.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    Have you considered skill issue?
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 408 ★★★

Yes, I think you are right and it goes beyond hitting through the block. As you pointed out AI is beyond human, I reckon 20 to 40% of my striker attacks are dexed after a 4 hit combo.
    I don't know it anyone else has noticed it takes a long time to activate a special attack after the defender has launched one, which is problematic.
    Of course nothing will be done, which is disappointing
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 408 ★★★

AI has not been changed since December 2014. Not one line of code is different since the inception of the game.

Seriously, how do you know? I think you are making this up, kabam has admitted previous there was input issues not working as intended. We got a huge compensation pack and a beta inputs system which didn't work. If this was so they wouldn't have addressed this as an issue
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 291 ★★

- AI recovers too fast and interrupts the attacker with a special.

I think I saw someone say this…. And I was not alone lol. I be getting owned when I start a fight on BGs… take a hit combo when I blocked….. then I dash back with 50% left HP. Just to be intercepted with a special … Gamma has never been shinier for me. ……. Coming soon….. URU!!. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 655 ★★★★
    Glads said:

AI has not been changed since December 2014. Not one line of code is different since the inception of the game.

Seriously, how do you know? I think you are making this up, kabam has admitted previous there was input issues not working as intended. We got a huge compensation pack and a beta inputs system which didn't work. If this was so they wouldn't have addressed this as an issue
    There are AI profiles for different difficulties, game modes, and champs. In BG, it’s Jekyll and Hyde. One match, the AI will turtle, when you try to go in to hit block, they hit you and half your health is gone. Other matches, I’m in the corner fighting for my life because it won’t stop coming at me.

On the original topic, my experience block and dexterity have been flimsy at best this season of BG. I go to dex and block instead. I go to block and get a combo.