**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion way too OP

Eatmyshorts88Eatmyshorts88 Posts: 9
edited December 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Its rediculos. I am not the best fighter I am pretty good though.. I have a strong opinion about hyperion he is way way way too strong with his ability to gain power .by the time I could even get a bar one special he's at special 3. I personally think that if you guys nerf anybody Hyperion needs to get nerfed. seriously

Comments

• No his power gain need to be chilled out...
  • These "need Hyperion" post still around? While I hate fighting him above all other champs they have introduced counters for it. Icemans ice armor, SW with a high Sig will usually power lock/power drain, gwenpools Sig so it at least won't kill you, Magik if you bait some then pull off an l2, voodoo same as magik, vision, heck even Hawkeye can keep him from l3 most the time. Most the champs i listed were from before hyperion as well.
  • Appreciate you looking at the thread but I wasn't looking for strategy I know most of strategies to fight him but he is too strong that's my point.
  • Just use Magik to deal with Hyperion

Good for you. So I'm guessing all characters are easy for you to fight then
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Hyperion gains power much easier and faster than other champs. Nightcrawler randomly evades and counter-attacks more than other champs. Wolverine(s) regen health more frequently than other champs. Mephisto has heat-dealies fly around him more than other champs. Ms Marvel expands her fist and foot larger than other champs. The Hood has worse fashion sense than other champs. I think it all may have something to do with variety, or maybe just to annoy players. If you have the champs, much less complaining seems to happen tho.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Just learn how to play around him as he won't really use his sp3 in quests
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Its rediculos. I am not the best fighter I am pretty good though.. I have a strong opinion about hyperion he is way way way too strong with his ability to gain power .by the time I could even get a bar one special he's at special 3. I personally think that if you guys nerf anybody Hyperion needs to get nerfed. seriously

I used to think that when he first came out. Then I learned how to play.

The second you push him past a bar start baiting his l1. Repeat until he's dead. If you keep your combos going past his 1 bar it's your fault. He's easy.

Bringing Magik, Vision, Hawkeye, SW, Iceman helps.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Power Control and Bait. You can even use Loki to Steal his Gain and curb it.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He's not too strong there are lots of videos of people defeating 10k hyperions with a 2* starlord you don't even need a power control champion if you are skilled enough
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    He's not too strong there are lots of videos of people defeating 10k hyperions with a 2* starlord you don't even need a power control champion if you are skilled enough

This
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited December 2017
    Every champ is different and strategy to defeat each champ should be different.

Mephisto has Aura of incineration, so strategy to defeat Mephisto is "Iceman". If you don't have an Iceman you can't say that Kabam should nerf his Aura of Incineration. Same for Iceman, if you don't have Mephisto you can't complain Iceman is too op and Kabam should nerf his coldsnap.

Hyperion gains power that means you should use power drain champs against him, that's it.
    I struggled a lot against him when he was new to the Contest. But when I got my power drain champs, he became pretty easy to handle. I remember defeating a 40k Hyperion (AW boss) with my 3.7k Hawkeye, 3.3k Vision and 6k Gwenpool. Hawkeye & Vision were my MVPs (especially Hawkeye) in that Fight.

Use Hawkeye, Vision, Psylocke, Winter soldier (duped), Magik etc. There are plenty of champs to counter him.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    How come they fix these bugs so fast and can't fix the slow issues, dashing issues, and general issues first?
  • Lol he's so easy to fight.. can't believe you made a post about him needing a nerf. Eat some skills, not shorts
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Thisguy wrote: »
    These "need Hyperion" post still around? While I hate fighting him above all other champs they have introduced counters for it. Icemans ice armor, SW with a high Sig will usually power lock/power drain, gwenpools Sig so it at least won't kill you, Magik if you bait some then pull off an l2, voodoo same as magik, vision, heck even Hawkeye can keep him from l3 most the time. Most the champs i listed were from before hyperion as well.

He doesn't want a solution, he wants to complain.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    He actually killed the marvel universe in an alternate timeline, so I'd say he's fairly toned down for gameplay
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    He never uses his sp 1 or 2 .. by the time you get one he’s at 3 .. take away power gain he’s nothing
  • Darerider_99Darerider_99 Posts: 43
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    He doesn't need a nerf. Stop Nerfing and start buffing.

Yea buff carnage for once
  • Darerider_99Darerider_99 Posts: 43
    Hyperion is very easy for me to beat very easy
  • Why do we have to be bullies and talk s*** I can make whatever post I want but if you want to be a little f***** and talk s*** about me then go ahead
  • Are you guys saying I can't this and can't that that's what these poster for for opinions my opinion is he's too strong everybody else can f*** off with all your super long paragraphs eat s***
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hype loves his specials so much that he's really easy to fight. Hit him three times when he is standing there with his arms folded and he will almost always respond with his L1 or L2, depending on his power bar. SW can nullify his power gain. Strange Counter Spell gets rid of it. Lot's of champs can power lock him. And if you haven't been hit by a heavy hit his L3 is pretty weak. He doesn't need a nerf. Stop with the nerf posts and figure out how to beat champs that give you trouble.
    Are you guys saying I can't this and can't that that's what these poster for for opinions my opinion is he's too strong everybody else can f*** off with all your super long paragraphs eat s***

Yes, if you can't beat Hype you need to get better at the game. Kabam breaks champs when they nerf them (See Dr. Strange and pre boycott Thor). You are asking Kabam to please break other people's champs because you haven't figured out how to fight them, and you are telling them to f*** off?
    Also, "super long paragraphs?" I don't see one in this entire thread. Maybe you are a troll?
  • Hyperion is insanely easy to fight... he just requires more patience with special baiting.