**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake silent NERF/quiet FIX?

SMOKE & MIRRORS?

Af stuns interrupting specials was performing as Originally intended & described but recently nerfed & description quietly changed? (Shameless?

From recent change log:
"Fixed an issue where Quake was able to stun an opponent in the midst of a special attack"

Since when was this an "issue" and not a valued quality of her af stuns?

Is the timing of these events suspect?....
-Quake bug appears (completely neutering her af damage and making her unusable for many).
-Bug fix finally arrives, but not alone
-Another issue announced? & "fixed"?

Just coincidence right?...or some might say:
RNG strikes again!
(speaking of which...RDT's please! & thank you in advance🀣🀣🀣

** Sidenote/original question before noticing the above **
Regarding quake/bw synergy, what does ability "..duration & potency" refer to?
(It doesn't seem to affect any abilities in either champ.

Comments

• 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66 β˜…
    DoctorJ wrote: Β»
    Could you explain how an announced fix is a silent nerf?

Specials havent been supposed to be interrupted from stun for ages. Not since they changed that with parry nerf. Also have you actually used her since 16.1? Youd know she is actually more powerful now if you have.

If it wasn't supposed to interrupt specials they shoudve listed it in her abilities. But it wasn't there.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    She was never supposed to be able to interrupt special attacks, similar to archangel/hood stuns.
    Stop asking for RDTs we all would love to have them but it's not even relevant to your post.
    Ability duration means how long certain abilities last, potency refers to how powerful.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The odds of stunning mid special are not worth complaining about (it's so rare anyway) compared to her actual fix, I often get 15 aftershocks on the opponents they 'accidentally' capped the shock damage at 3 aftershocks, that means I'm now doing 5X the damage, she has gone from being a bench warmer to being really useful
  • @taojay1 lol thanks guy... but instead of a vocab lesson how about explaining how shedding some light on what it does for bw buffs or quakes af stuns/damage etc.... far as I've tested there is no change with or without that synergy, for either champ.
    @taojay1 lol thanks guy... but instead of a vocab lesson how about explaining how shedding some light on what it does for bw buffs or quakes af stuns/damage etc.... far as I've tested there is no change with or without that synergy, for either champ.
    I don't have either champ and also don't know the extent of your testing, so don't take my word as the truth, but...
    I would assume that bw's precision and cruelty buffs would last longer and also provide a stronger boost. It might not be noticeable because 15% is not that much. As for Quake her stuns would last longer and her abilities would do more damage. Hope this helps
  • Doctor? Is it J? (Proctologist no doubt.

..so who's crying? Why the hate?

Just noticed something and commented as opposed to making flat out accusations.

Was her description "quietly changed?" I believe so. Along with the fact that she did impressive damage with her af abilities before she was bugged, as she does now.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    From memory of what I read. I thought it just boosted bws percentage of ability reduction, (a conveniently untestable scenario) but that doesn't sound like the description at all, have you tested how long quakes aftershocks are lasting with or without the synergy?
  • @taojay1 once again, vocab lesson. Ok, my turn...what part of my comment "no change" do you not get? (Maybe a reading lesson is more appropriate?
  • Not so much a problem with this or that but just trying to confirm, clarify, identify..etc

There was a recent post about hype and his sp2 supposedly was silently nerffed to proc stuns much less than the stated 60%? or so... I'd hate to see that be true and then followed up with a "bug fix" for hype's sp2 stun with the next update.

Change log:
    Fixed issue where hype could stun with sp2. This was never intended (as you can see it is no longer in his description... hype is too op & this fix helps balance the contest...yadayada

Maybe this tickles ur pickle ProcdocJ but I sure wouldnt want to see this type of trend. Which would be worse silent nerfs or a blank check to state something as an issue & then include it in an update/change log?

To address your question, the two are kinda similar in that they both suck very much.
    @taojay1 once again, vocab lesson. Ok, my turn...what part of my comment "no change" do you not get? (Maybe a reading lesson is more appropriate?

Evidently someone hasn't read the forum rules. Anyways, the reason I said what I said is that you never clarified how much you tested, so I can't take your "no change" comment at face value. Did you, for example, time exactly how long Quake's aftershocks lasted, with and without synergies, in the same conditions? Or time how long bw's buffs lasted? I highly doubt it, and even if you did it might have seemed like there was no change because a 15% increase is relatively small. Anyways, I answered your question both times, what more is there to shed light on?
  • @speeds80 comparing quakes af/heavy charge damage & bws damage after specials( with buffs & they were all the same. This wasn't an official/pro level testing, mind you. Yet simply enough to be believe the results & seek more info (like here on the forum
  • I use the quake/bw synergy all the time for science enemies, that way bw gets a 99.99% (69.99% from lvl 99 ability + 15% for class advantage + 15% from quake synergy) ability reduction, meaning no evades from OG Spiderman and no autoblock from Modok
  • Also to burst you bubble on false nerfs, here i leave you a link to Brian Grant’s video explaining the basics of using Quake. You can see that the video was uploaded on April this year.

https://youtu.be/pvtyo_LMr-s

There you can actually check with your own eyes that the ability description wasn’t changed, it never stated that you could stun enemies during special attacks, and if you see the video you can clearly see that Aftershock damage was bugged and doing only 1.5k damage or so with a 15 counter, when the description says 430 damage per counter.

You are welcome have a nice day.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    SMOKE & MIRRORS?

Af stuns interrupting specials was performing as Originally intended & described but recently nerfed & description quietly changed? (Shameless?

From recent change log:
    "Fixed an issue where Quake was able to stun an opponent in the midst of a special attack"

Since when was this an "issue" and not a valued quality of her af stuns?

Is the timing of these events suspect?....
    -Quake bug appears (completely neutering her af damage and making her unusable for many).
    -Bug fix finally arrives, but not alone
    -Another issue announced? & "fixed"?

Just coincidence right?...or some might say:
    RNG strikes again!
    (speaking of which...RDT's please! & thank you in advance🀣🀣🀣

** Sidenote/original question before noticing the above **
    Regarding quake/bw synergy, what does ability "..duration & potency" refer to?
    (It doesn't seem to affect any abilities in either champ.

@Username819273943 How could you have read the change log which in the announcements and still call the title silent nerf. All the changes you listed were announced and you still ask for RDT's. Please stop posting **** like this. You have no valid complaint or reason to ask for RDT's.
    Also to burst you bubble on false nerfs, here i leave you a link to Brian Grant’s video explaining the basics of using Quake. You can see that the video was uploaded on April this year.
    There you can actually check with your own eyes that the ability description wasn’t changed, it never stated that you could stun enemies during special attacks, and if you see the video you can clearly see that Aftershock damage was bugged and doing only 1.5k damage or so with a 15 counter, when the description says 430 damage per counter.

You are welcome have a nice day.
    Like a boss lmao
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DoctorJ wrote: Β»
    Could you explain how an announced fix is a silent nerf?

Specials havent been supposed to be interrupted from stun for ages. Not since they changed that with parry nerf. Also have you actually used her since 16.1? Youd know she is actually more powerful now if you have.

If it wasn't supposed to interrupt specials they shoudve listed it in her abilities. But it wasn't there.

I think you have that backwards. If she was intended to interrupt Specials, that would have been listed.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The real problem is how they took over a year to fix it
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah this wasn't silent it was announced in the changelogs
    taojay1 wrote: Β»
    @taojay1 once again, vocab lesson. Ok, my turn...what part of my comment "no change" do you not get? (Maybe a reading lesson is more appropriate?

Evidently someone hasn't read the forum rules. Anyways, the reason I said what I said is that you never clarified how much you tested, so I can't take your "no change" comment at face value. Did you, for example, time exactly how long Quake's aftershocks lasted, with and without synergies, in the same conditions? Or time how long bw's buffs lasted? I highly doubt it, and even if you did it might have seemed like there was no change because a 15% increase is relatively small. Anyways, I answered your question both times, what more is there to shed light on?

I am not the op.

I am someone who reads the boards.

What makes you even want to comment on these discussions.

Why do you care so much to disagree with another player so vehemently.

I think you should move on
    The reason I commented is because it I find it strange that OP would assume that Kabam "shamelessly" silently nerfed a champ, and wanted to explain that he was incorrect. If you did indeed read this thread carefully, you would find that everyone else also agrees that OP is wrong on that point.
    I also answered OP's question regarding Quake's synergies. He then replies rather disdainfully, determined to believe that the synergies are bugged as well. At no point did I "vehemently" disagree.
    Anyways, you might have just commented on the wrong post. If anyone has been vehement it is OP.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The real problem is how they took over a year to fix it

Some issues take longer to fix. That doesn't make it anything less than a fix. I don't see any point in not bothering because it's been too long. For that matter, the fixes to Quake were an all-over improvement.
  • @Tomichiwar ....thanks for digging up some evidence. Yes an older thread... & again no, not accusations ad much as raising a possible concern.

Quake is awesome, glad she is fixed. However, like in my hype example (as poor as it may be) hate to see things conducted in this manner. Any significant changes to character descriptions should be clearly noted imho.

& stfu about rdts it was a joke but im sure if they're ever handed out those complaining about any mention of rdts wont accept right? Lmfao... squeaky wheel gets the grease 3hotlleby4kv.png