What if Rank Down Tickets were sold?

01000100 Member Posts: 58
If RDTs were sold in store...this would be a valuable addition to the game. Seems viable to me, maybe something like 500 units for 5*, 1000 units for 6*, or that nature.

What do you think?

Comments

• 01000100 Member Posts: 58
    Why not? People having relative control of their account is a menacing thought?
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    No.
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited August 2023
    I might be on the opposite side of the fence here, I think after ranking multiple champs there are and will be some champions who you regret taking up, perhaps there was another champion released who does their role better, or a new and intriguing "fix" that Kabam likes to do, or for whatever reason you have. I think having the ability to rank them down isn't that bad. So instead of them being sold like the way you suggested, maybe just only once a year you could get one, and it can only be from one level to another, for example 4 to 3. Then the people saying "depth in your roster" won't be hurt because one less champion isn't a game breaker, and you could direct those resources into a champion you much more prefer.
  • 01000100 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2023
    Allow me to clarify the impressions of RDTs, obviously it would be limited to 1x a month in-game store. I think it's a fun dynamic with fair balance.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    So...you would pay to rank down someone and get those resources back...wouldn't it be easier to...sell those resources?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Forget selling them; how about they offer 1 for free!

They were nice enough to gift us with RDTs around the Holidays like 6 years ago.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,374 ★★★★
    0100 said:

Allow me to clarify the impressions of RDTs, obviously it would be limited to 1x a month in-game store. I think it's a fun dynamic with fair balance.

i still say no regardless of the caveats you put.

but of course if it ever happened there would need to be caveats.

but there is no cavet that itself is obvious.
    there would be many many ways it could be implemented.

but regardless
    my vote is NO.
    rank up a champ stick with it.
    if you regret that, oh well, think harder next time.

most scenarios people "regret" a rankup is
    A - they ranked up a champ based on hype from others without playing and learning them first. so don't be a sheeple and learn first.
    B - they ranked someone up and then pulled someone better and only regret their choice due to hindsight caused by their new pull.
    in which case just hunt for more resources.

the only valid situations for a rankup is after a champs abilities have been nerfed by kabam.
    and this is when they have been adjusted beyond 6 months after release. like kraven was. not within 6 months like zemo was.
    and these would be special case rank down tickets.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,309 ★★★★★
    Lol no
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
    So you would rather spend units/money to rank down a champ and rank another one up than just get the resources directly and have another champ ranked up? Sounds counter productive.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,822 ★★★★★
    0100 said:

If RDTs were sold in store...this would be a valuable addition to the game. Seems viable to me, maybe something like 500 units for 5*, 1000 units for 6*, or that nature.

What do you think?

You have my full support.
    Keep up the fight!!!
    Tag me when we get them.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    rank down tickets would have to "cost less" than the materials to just rank up another champion.

500 for a 5 star is a joke, even if you got 5->4, 4->3, 3->2, and 2->1 plus all the gold, stones, etc.

1000 for a 6 star... I definitely have a couple I'd consider taking from 5->4 or even 3... but I would think there should be a limit of like 1 per year to discourage champions from being "library books you check in and out".

rather than it costing "units"... I'd rather you have to pick 2-3 champions to rank down in exchange for the materials to rank another up. E.g. I could take my R4 falcon and R4 Korg down, (now that they are in 7 star pool), and in exchange, r4 another champion instead.